Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of the UK where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius.
UK Postcode Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers? Only Output Outcodes? Show UK County Borders?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 320km) OR miles (maximum = 200 miles)
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or postcode on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's outcode postcode.
Any radius less than 20km will return full postcodes, anything more will return outcodes only.
The list of Post Codes inside the radius will be displayed in the textbox. You can toggle between CSV or new line output by clicking the [Toggle CSV or New line] button above the textbox.
- 21st January 2014 : Version 14
- Added option to show UK county borders
- 12th August 2013 : Version 13
- Full Screen option added
- 6th August 2013 : Version 12
- Option to only output outcodes added, for outcodes with radius less than 20km
- 4th June 2013 : Version 11
- Now outputs full UK postcodes for radius under 20km
- Implemented marker clustering to improve browser performance
- 9th August 2012 : Version 10
- Option to toggle between CSV and new line output format
- 15th July 2012 : Version 9
- Each marker now shows the distance from the centre point in km
- 13th June 2012 : Version 8 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added optional centre point marker
- Added Reset Map button
- 27th April 2012 : Version 7 - Increased maximum radius to 320km / 200miles
- 30th March 2011 : Version 6 - Increased maximum radius to 160km / 100miles
- 11th February 2010 : Version 5 - Increased maximum radius to 100km / 64miles
- 28th January 2010 : Version 4 - Updates
- Miles option added for input
- Centre point can now be input by address or postcode
- 18th September 2009 : Version 3 - Updates
- Maximum radius increased to 50km
- Remove extra comma on CSV output
- Clear CSV textbox on page refresh
- Crosshairs added to map as curser
- Map no longer pans when no postcodes are found
- 25th June 2009 : Version 2 - Major Improvements
- Is it inside radius? function now runs server-side and is much faster
- Output textbox added to output all found postcodes in comma separated format
- 21st February 2009 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Previous Comments For This Page
There seems to be a bug in the list of postcodes generated. Some are malformed. For example, try a 3 mile radius of BA2 4AY and the list doesn't contain BA2 4DN, even though you can use BA2 4DN as the centre of another search. Looking carefully at the list you can see the sequence BA2 4DL,BA24D,BA2 4DP. And looking at the other postcodes in the data it seems that the same corruption occurs for every postcode that should end with N.
By Andy Macaulay-Brook on 23/09/2014
This is great. Saved me a lot of time.
By Mayuran Para on 17/09/2014
Great tool, thanks, saved a lot of manual searching :)
By Jon on 11/09/2014
Hi, 25 mile radius from PO19 works OK at our side. We thought perhaps it was a 'big' search but this is not the case. Can you try a different web browser and see if this helps?
By Free Map Tools on 03/09/2014
Hi, I am searching a 25m radius from PO19
By Free Map Tools on 02/09/2014
When searching, I don't get any results either (similar to the previous comment). The 'Searching' icon just keeps on going round and round.
Hi, can you describe the search you are doing? the Radius and the center point? Thanks.
By Free Map Tools on 19/08/2014
Hi, when I search for a radius it shows on the map but doesn't show the post codes, it just keeps searching
I am using Windows Internet explorer, IE8.00 in a corporate environment, so I am unable to use a different browser. A colleague has also tried on a different computer but has the same issue.
By Karen on 01/08/2014
Hi Karen, thanks for the info. We have tested this and it works fine for us on multiple browsers. Can you confirm which browser you are using? Also, can you try it on a different computer please?
By Free Map Tools on 30/07/2014
I have tried multiple codes, but most recently DA15 with a 5 or 25 mile radius. I have cleared my cookies and browsing history, but it has not made any difference.
By Karen on 30/07/2014
Hi, can you confirm the radius you have specified and the location you are searching please?
By Free Map Tools on 30/07/2014
To confirm I have had the same issue and had to use an alternative website. The radius appears on the map, however the output wheel shows as searching only
Hi Karen, as far as we know (and see) it is working. Have you tried deleting your temporary internet files, or used a different web browser? If it still doesn't work, please describe what you see, or doesn't see?
By Free Map Tools on 28/07/2014
I use this tool all the time, but the postcodes within a UK radius has not worked at all since early July. Has anyone else had an issue? Thanks
By Karen D on 25/07/2014
Hi Ray, what do you have to go on? Do you know the location of the unknown postcode on a map?
By Free Map Tools on 23/07/2014
cant understand or use this much needed tool. i just want to find a postcode - spent a long time failing
By Ray on 23/07/2014
Hi, yes, you found a bug. Thanks for reporting. It should now be resolved.
By Free Map Tools on 03/07/2014
Trying to do a 100, 150 and 200 mile radius of a postcode and its giving me the same amount of postcodes for each one (1397 postcode districts) think there may be a fault
Showing the most recent 20 out of 259 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: