Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of the UK where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius.
UK Postcode Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers? Only Output Outcodes? Show UK County Borders?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 320km) OR miles (maximum = 200 miles)
CSV Postcodes with distance (postcode,km,miles)
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or postcode on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's outcode postcode.
Any radius less than 20km will return full postcodes, anything more will return outcodes only.
The list of Post Codes inside the radius will be displayed in the textbox. You can toggle between CSV or new line output by clicking the [Toggle CSV or New line] button above the textbox.
- 16th January 2015 : Version 15 - Now outputs postcode and distance in km and miles
- 21st January 2014 : Version 14 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 12th August 2013 : Version 13 - Full Screen option added
- 6th August 2013 : Version 12 - Option to only output outcodes added, for outcodes with radius less than 20km
- 4th June 2013 : Version 11 - Now outputs full UK postcodes for radius under 20km. Implemented marker clustering to improve browser performance
- 9th August 2012 : Version 10 - Option to toggle between CSV and new line output format
- 15th July 2012 : Version 9 - Each marker now shows the distance from the centre point in km
- 13th June 2012 : Version 8 - Implemented Google Maps API V3. Added optional centre point marker. Added Reset Map button
- 27th April 2012 : Version 7 - Increased maximum radius to 320km / 200miles
- 30th March 2011 : Version 6 - Increased maximum radius to 160km / 100miles
- 11th February 2010 : Version 5 - Increased maximum radius to 100km / 64miles
- 28th January 2010 : Version 4 - Updates. Miles option added for input. Centre point can now be input by address or postcode
- 18th September 2009 : Version 3 - Updates
- Maximum radius increased to 50km
- Remove extra comma on CSV output
- Clear CSV textbox on page refresh
- Crosshairs added to map as curser
- Map no longer pans when no postcodes are found
- 25th June 2009 : Version 2 - Major Improvements
- Is it inside radius? function now runs server-side and is much faster
- Output textbox added to output all found postcodes in comma separated format
- 21st February 2009 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Previous Comments For This Page
sandie, this is not possible. As you say it only outputs full postcodes up to 12.5 km
By Free Map Tools on 30/07/2015
i am working on a project to map all postcodes within a 25 mile radius at 2.5 miles intervals. can this be done? i see it can get all postcodes mapped up to 12.43miles
By sandie on 30/07/2015
Hi Lee, unfortunately searches can only be done one by one.
By Free Map Tools on 24/07/2015
hi - is it possible to put more than one postcode within the search parameter with appropriate radius to allow to extract just one table?
By Lee on 23/07/2015
Hi Rebecca, this can be done using multiple pages. Please refer to List USA ZIP Codes Within a Drive Time Radius but use Find UK Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area instead at the end.
By Free Map Tools on 09/07/2015
We see you have a tool to find Postcodes within a distance radius or distance by time, is there any chance of combining the two so we can find postcodes by time radius.
By Rebecca on 09/07/2015
Hi Kn, this is not possible on the map on this page. It sounds like what you are requesting could be done if someone took the time to write a custom map to show what you require.
By Free Map Tools on 18/06/2015
I am working on a project where we are trying to map how far any family has to travel to find a child adoption centre. I find your mapping tool really useful for this exercise. I need to visually show the locations of all the adoption centres and then be able to show what is the maximum distance any family anywhere in UK will need to drive to find their closest adoption centre. How can I show all the adoption centres as points on the map? Thanks in advance for your inputs.
By Kn on 18/06/2015
It is not possible on this page but you may be able to work something out yourself using the raw data on Download UK Postcodes with Latitude and Longitude.
By Free Map Tools on 19/05/2015
Hi Team, great website by you guys. Has helped me a lot so thank! But is there anyway I could get the FULL postcodes for 25km/15mi radius and not just the outcodes?
By Zak on 16/05/2015
Perfect very helpful!!!
By Myko on 23/04/2015
This is amazing, good work.
Hi, how do I print the postcodes and the map?
By Alex on 20/04/2015
Hi Shafiq, it is done for performance reasons so we are reluctant to provide such an option.
By Free Map Tools on 21/03/2015
Would be nice to have a check box option to grab full postcodes (regardless of distance)
By Shafiq on 18/03/2015
M1 1AA does not seem to be a valid postcode.
By Free Map Tools on 14/03/2015
using M1 1AA as a radius centre gives back Leicester postcodes for some reason
Excellent, thank you
By Nick on 02/03/2015
Ken, you can your the Print option in your web browser.
By Free Map Tools on 25/02/2015
How do I print?
By Ken on 19/02/2015
Showing the most recent 20 out of 297 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: