Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of the UK where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius.
UK Postcode Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers? Only Output Outcodes? Show UK County Borders?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 320km) OR miles (maximum = 200 miles)
CSV Postcodes with distance (postcode,km,miles)
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or postcode on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's outcode postcode.
Any radius less than 20km will return full postcodes, anything more will return outcodes only.
The list of Post Codes inside the radius will be displayed in the textbox. You can toggle between CSV or new line output by clicking the [Toggle CSV or New line] button above the textbox.
- 16th January 2015 : Version 15 - Now outputs postcode and distance in km and miles
- 21st January 2014 : Version 14 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 12th August 2013 : Version 13 - Full Screen option added
- 6th August 2013 : Version 12 - Option to only output outcodes added, for outcodes with radius less than 20km
- 4th June 2013 : Version 11 - Now outputs full UK postcodes for radius under 20km. Implemented marker clustering to improve browser performance
- 9th August 2012 : Version 10 - Option to toggle between CSV and new line output format
- 15th July 2012 : Version 9 - Each marker now shows the distance from the centre point in km
- 13th June 2012 : Version 8 - Implemented Google Maps API V3. Added optional centre point marker. Added Reset Map button
- 27th April 2012 : Version 7 - Increased maximum radius to 320km / 200miles
- 30th March 2011 : Version 6 - Increased maximum radius to 160km / 100miles
- 11th February 2010 : Version 5 - Increased maximum radius to 100km / 64miles
- 28th January 2010 : Version 4 - Updates. Miles option added for input. Centre point can now be input by address or postcode
- 18th September 2009 : Version 3 - Updates
- Maximum radius increased to 50km
- Remove extra comma on CSV output
- Clear CSV textbox on page refresh
- Crosshairs added to map as curser
- Map no longer pans when no postcodes are found
- 25th June 2009 : Version 2 - Major Improvements
- Is it inside radius? function now runs server-side and is much faster
- Output textbox added to output all found postcodes in comma separated format
- 21st February 2009 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Previous Comments For This Page
Perfect very helpful!!!
By Myko on 23/04/2015
This is amazing, good work.
Hi, how do I print the postcodes and the map?
By Alex on 20/04/2015
Hi Shafiq, it is done for performance reasons so we are reluctant to provide such an option.
By Free Map Tools on 21/03/2015
Would be nice to have a check box option to grab full postcodes (regardless of distance)
By Shafiq on 18/03/2015
M1 1AA does not seem to be a valid postcode.
By Free Map Tools on 14/03/2015
using M1 1AA as a radius centre gives back Leicester postcodes for some reason
Excellent, thank you
By Nick on 02/03/2015
Ken, you can your the Print option in your web browser.
By Free Map Tools on 25/02/2015
How do I print?
By Ken on 19/02/2015
On 06/02/2015, it now does this on the 2nd textbox. Thanks for the idea.
By Free Map Tools on 16/02/2015
I note the postcode has the distance ( in KM) attached to it when hovering over the Map. Is there a way of extracting the postcodes AND the distance in the csv file.
Hi Philippa, not directly. You could draw the area yourself as an approximation using Find UK Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area.
By Free Map Tools on 03/02/2015
Is it possible to have a list of postcodes that fall within 15 miles of the M25 motorway, both inside and outside it?
By Philippa on 03/02/2015
Hi Paul, i'm not 100% sure what you mean. If you want 3 sets of results, you could run the search 3 times. If you don't want duplicates such as the results from the 3 mile radius appearing in all 3, you could subtract the difference to end up with the results between (for example 4 and 5 miles) only.
By Free Map Tools on 27/01/2015
could it be possible to set 3 radius's for postcodes
By paul on 22/01/2015
Hi PAresh, unfortunately we do not provide this service via an API.
By Free Map Tools on 19/11/2014
Hi Team, First of all Great effort by you guys. can i have any api for this finding area within radius of another area of lat,lng point
By PAresh Dudhat on 18/11/2014
Hi Anthony, unfortunately this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 16/11/2014
Hi, could it be possible that we can input two or more postcodes at a time?
By Anthony on 12/11/2014
Showing the most recent 20 out of 287 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: