Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of the UK where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius.
UK Postcode Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers? Only Output Outcodes? Show UK County Borders?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 320km) OR miles (maximum = 200 miles)
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or postcode on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's outcode postcode.
Any radius less than 20km will return full postcodes, anything more will return outcodes only.
The list of Post Codes inside the radius will be displayed in the textbox. You can toggle between CSV or new line output by clicking the [Toggle CSV or New line] button above the textbox.
- 21st January 2014 : Version 14
- Added option to show UK county borders
- 12th August 2013 : Version 13
- Full Screen option added
- 6th August 2013 : Version 12
- Option to only output outcodes added, for outcodes with radius less than 20km
- 4th June 2013 : Version 11
- Now outputs full UK postcodes for radius under 20km
- Implemented marker clustering to improve browser performance
- 9th August 2012 : Version 10
- Option to toggle between CSV and new line output format
- 15th July 2012 : Version 9
- Each marker now shows the distance from the centre point in km
- 13th June 2012 : Version 8 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added optional centre point marker
- Added Reset Map button
- 27th April 2012 : Version 7 - Increased maximum radius to 320km / 200miles
- 30th March 2011 : Version 6 - Increased maximum radius to 160km / 100miles
- 11th February 2010 : Version 5 - Increased maximum radius to 100km / 64miles
- 28th January 2010 : Version 4 - Updates
- Miles option added for input
- Centre point can now be input by address or postcode
- 18th September 2009 : Version 3 - Updates
- Maximum radius increased to 50km
- Remove extra comma on CSV output
- Clear CSV textbox on page refresh
- Crosshairs added to map as curser
- Map no longer pans when no postcodes are found
- 25th June 2009 : Version 2 - Major Improvements
- Is it inside radius? function now runs server-side and is much faster
- Output textbox added to output all found postcodes in comma separated format
- 21st February 2009 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Previous Comments For This Page
Hi PAresh, unfortunately we do not provide this service via an API.
By Free Map Tools on 19/11/2014
Hi Team, First of all Great effort by you guys. can i have any api for this finding area within radius of another area of lat,lng point
By PAresh Dudhat on 18/11/2014
Hi Anthony, unfortunately this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 16/11/2014
Hi, could it be possible that we can input two or more postcodes at a time?
By Anthony on 12/11/2014
Hi, could it be possible that we could search two or more postcodes at a time?
By Anthony on 12/11/2014
Brilliant, saved me a lot of work.
By Researchkitty on 01/11/2014
Can you give more description about the area in which you want to find Postcodes? You say around the M25 ... is this 1 mile, 2 miles 20 miles from the M25? This tool will return the postcodes in a single radius so even if you have a distance from the M25, it cant be used to search a track around the M25. The best I can think of is use the center of London as the base point, decide an outside edge and inside edge to your search zone. Do 2 searches on this page to find the outside and inside radius (plural), then remove from the larger outside search anything found in the inside search. You should be left with a circular band of postcodes.
By Free Map Tools on 10/10/2014
I want to find post codes on and around the M25 motorway. I have tried. Please advise.
By Dean Harris on 10/10/2014
hi. when i put in radius upto 3 miles from my location postcode and try to get the postcodes located within 3 miles, the postcodes still shows areas that are outside the 3 mile radius. please could you update this. thanks
Hi Dan, thanks for reporting this. It should now be fixed.
By Free Map Tools on 04/10/2014
Great tool! But there seems that the bug regarding the postcodes is still there. For instance SO5 34D should be like SO53 4D?(A-Z), there is many postcodes that are still missing the final letter.
Fantastic tool, would be perfect if this bug is fixed. Thanks again
By Dan on 03/10/2014
Hi Andy, this should now be sorted.
By Free Map Tools on 30/09/2014
There seems to be a bug in the list of postcodes generated. Some are malformed. For example, try a 3 mile radius of BA2 4AY and the list doesn't contain BA2 4DN, even though you can use BA2 4DN as the centre of another search. Looking carefully at the list you can see the sequence BA2 4DL,BA24D,BA2 4DP. And looking at the other postcodes in the data it seems that the same corruption occurs for every postcode that should end with N.
By Andy Macaulay-Brook on 23/09/2014
This is great. Saved me a lot of time.
By Mayuran Para on 17/09/2014
Great tool, thanks, saved a lot of manual searching :)
By Jon on 11/09/2014
Hi, 25 mile radius from PO19 works OK at our side. We thought perhaps it was a 'big' search but this is not the case. Can you try a different web browser and see if this helps?
By Free Map Tools on 03/09/2014
Hi, I am searching a 25m radius from PO19
By Free Map Tools on 02/09/2014
When searching, I don't get any results either (similar to the previous comment). The 'Searching' icon just keeps on going round and round.
Hi, can you describe the search you are doing? the Radius and the center point? Thanks.
By Free Map Tools on 19/08/2014
Showing the most recent 20 out of 271 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: