Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of the UK where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius.
UK Postcode Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers? Only Output Outcodes?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 320km) OR miles (maximum = 200 miles)
Step 2 : Click on map OR Place radius by location name or postcode :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or postcode on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's outcode postcode.
Any radius less than 5km will return full postcodes, anything more will return outcodes only.
The list of Post Codes inside the radius will be displayed in the textbox. You can toggle between CSV or new line output by clicking the [Toggle CSV or New line] button above the textbox.
- Version 1 (21/02/2009) - Initial Version
- Version 2 (25/06/2009) - Major Improvements
- Is it inside radius? function now runs server-side and is much faster
- Output textbox added to output all found postcodes in comma separated format
- Version 3 (18/09/2009) - Updates
- Maximum radius increased to 50km
- Remove extra comma on CSV output
- Clear CSV textbox on page refresh
- Crosshairs added to map as curser
- Map no longer pans when no postcodes are found
- Version 4 (28/01/2010) - Updates
- Miles option added for input
- Centre point can now be input by address or postcode
- Version 5 (11/02/2010) - Increased maximum radius to 100km / 64miles
- Version 6 (30/03/2011) - Increased maximum radius to 160km / 100miles
- Version 7 (27/04/2012) - Increased maximum radius to 320km / 200miles
- Version 8 (13/06/2012) - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added optional centre point marker
- Added Reset Map button
- Version 9 (15/07/2012)
- Each marker now shows the distance from the centre point in km
- Version 10 (09/08/2012)
- Option to toggle between CSV and new line output format
- Version 11 (04/06/2013)
- Now outputs full UK postcodes for radius under 5km
- Implemented marker clustering to improve browser performance
- Version 12 (06/08/2013)
- Option to only output outcodes added, for outcodes with radius less than 5km.
- Version 13 (12/08/2013)
- Full Screen option added.
Previous Comments For This Page
Sheila, as far as I am aware it is dependent on your settings when you print. i.e. page size, fit to page option and orientation. But nothing that can be set on the website.
By Free Map Tools on 19/11/2013
is there a way to reduce radius map for printing on a4
By sheila on 19/11/2013
Hi Adi, unfortunately this cannot be done.
By Free Map Tools on 18/11/2013
Is there a way to get sector codes for up to 10 mile radius? eg. M1 2
By Adi on 16/11/2013
Hi Ash2, please tick the [Only Output Outcodes] option to stop this.
By Free Map Tools on 16/10/2013
Anything less than 5.1 km gives all of the full poscodes rather than just the first part. When I work the London area this very anoying because I get 100's of full postcodes. It used to be simple why did you change?
By Ash2 on 14/10/2013
Seems to be an issue when you choose outcodes only that sometimes postcode areas go missing? E.g. KY11 7ES - 5KM Radius, looses lots of outcodes
By Phil Hutchinson on 10/10/2013
On 11/08/2013, the full screen has now been added.
By Free Map Tools on 12/08/2013
Is it not possible to view full screen on this function?
David, there is a new option to only output outcodes added, for outcodes with radius less than 5km.
By Free Map Tools on 06/08/2013
John K Robinson, please try Find UK Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area.
By Free Map Tools on 09/07/2013
Iam getting invalid post codes when looking at a 3 mile radius of DG1 2NP - I get 5 character codes with no space e.g.DG11J,DG29E - 70 of 1400 codes
By timh on 03/07/2013
Hi, picking up on Ash's comment about no longer being ablt to simply have the post town (as opposed to all the 6000 odd individual post codes) could Free Maps Tools look at reinstating the old functionality for us? Sure we can use excel etc. but that rather defeats the point! Any other suggestions out there?
By David on 14/06/2013
Hi is it possible to draw my own radius as my work is in an area that is not a complete circle. thank you
By John K Robinson on 12/06/2013
How can i integrate it in my website? where can i get the API.
By Manoj on 12/06/2013
Jo, unfortunately this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 05/06/2013
Is it possible to give me an OS grid reference for the centre point?
By Jo on 05/06/2013
Hi, you could import in to Excel and use a function to trim off unnecessary characters.
By Free Map tools on 05/06/2013
is there anyway of just getting the first three letters and numbers of each post code? thanks
Ash, please try again. We have implemented marker clustering to improve browser performance.
By Free Map Tools on 04/06/2013
Showing the most recent 20 out of 212 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: