Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of the UK where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius.
UK Postcode Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers? Only Output Outcodes? Show UK County Borders?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 320km) OR miles (maximum = 200 miles)
Step 2 : Click on map OR Place radius by location name or postcode :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or postcode on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's outcode postcode.
Any radius less than 5km will return full postcodes, anything more will return outcodes only.
The list of Post Codes inside the radius will be displayed in the textbox. You can toggle between CSV or new line output by clicking the [Toggle CSV or New line] button above the textbox.
- Version 1 (21/02/2009) - Initial Version
- Version 2 (25/06/2009) - Major Improvements
- Is it inside radius? function now runs server-side and is much faster
- Output textbox added to output all found postcodes in comma separated format
- Version 3 (18/09/2009) - Updates
- Maximum radius increased to 50km
- Remove extra comma on CSV output
- Clear CSV textbox on page refresh
- Crosshairs added to map as curser
- Map no longer pans when no postcodes are found
- Version 4 (28/01/2010) - Updates
- Miles option added for input
- Centre point can now be input by address or postcode
- Version 5 (11/02/2010) - Increased maximum radius to 100km / 64miles
- Version 6 (30/03/2011) - Increased maximum radius to 160km / 100miles
- Version 7 (27/04/2012) - Increased maximum radius to 320km / 200miles
- Version 8 (13/06/2012) - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added optional centre point marker
- Added Reset Map button
- Version 9 (15/07/2012)
- Each marker now shows the distance from the centre point in km
- Version 10 (09/08/2012)
- Option to toggle between CSV and new line output format
- Version 11 (04/06/2013)
- Now outputs full UK postcodes for radius under 5km
- Implemented marker clustering to improve browser performance
- Version 12 (06/08/2013)
- Option to only output outcodes added, for outcodes with radius less than 5km
- Version 13 (12/08/2013)
- Full Screen option added
- Version 14 (21/01/2014)
- Added option to show UK county borders
Previous Comments For This Page
Hi Ian, This is done to help performance for all users as it is intensive on the database. If it was increased, all users would notice poorer performance.
By Free Map Tools on 05/03/2014
Fantastic tool but is it possible to increase the 5km limit for displaying full postcodes to 10km?
By Ian on 05/03/2014
Found it! Great tool, really making my life easier. Keep up the good work.
By Greg G on 10/02/2014
Hi, is it possible to put multiple post codes in so i can see the radius of each one on the same map?
By Greg G on 10/02/2014
Hi, we have not taken the time to design this to work on other websites. Also, we cannot take time to support others implementing it elsewhere so unfortunately we cannot offer any help doing this.
By Free Map Tools on 10/02/2014
it is working great i also want to integrate in my website how can i do that?
Great Uncle Honk, yes, you can on the page Find UK Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area.
By Free Map Tools on 04/02/2014
Can you do different shapes?
By Great Uncle Honk on 04/02/2014
Hi, please try [E15, london] OR [N17, London]
By Free Map Tools on 02/02/2014
Very useful, but it is not recognising some London codes such as E15 and N17, or S codes.
By KED on 30/01/2014
Sheila, as far as I am aware it is dependent on your settings when you print. i.e. page size, fit to page option and orientation. But nothing that can be set on the website.
By Free Map Tools on 19/11/2013
is there a way to reduce radius map for printing on a4
By sheila on 19/11/2013
Hi Adi, unfortunately this cannot be done.
By Free Map Tools on 18/11/2013
Is there a way to get sector codes for up to 10 mile radius? eg. M1 2
By Adi on 16/11/2013
Hi Ash2, please tick the [Only Output Outcodes] option to stop this.
By Free Map Tools on 16/10/2013
Anything less than 5.1 km gives all of the full poscodes rather than just the first part. When I work the London area this very anoying because I get 100's of full postcodes. It used to be simple why did you change?
By Ash2 on 14/10/2013
Seems to be an issue when you choose outcodes only that sometimes postcode areas go missing? E.g. KY11 7ES - 5KM Radius, looses lots of outcodes
By Phil Hutchinson on 10/10/2013
On 11/08/2013, the full screen has now been added.
By Free Map Tools on 12/08/2013
Is it not possible to view full screen on this function?
David, there is a new option to only output outcodes added, for outcodes with radius less than 5km.
By Free Map Tools on 06/08/2013
Showing the most recent 20 out of 222 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: