Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of the UK where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius.
UK Postcode Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 320km) OR miles (maximum = 200 miles)
Step 2 : Click on map OR Place radius by location name or postcode :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or postcode on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's outcode postcode.
The list of Post Codes inside the radius will be displayed in the textbox
- Version 1 (21/02/2009) - Initial Version
- Version 2 (25/06/2009) - Major Improvements
- Is it inside radius? function now runs server-side and is much faster
- Output textbox added to output all found postcodes in comma separated format
- Version 3 (18/09/2009) - Updates
- Maximum radius increased to 50km
- Remove extra comma on CSV output
- Clear CSV textbox on page refresh
- Crosshairs added to map as curser
- Map no longer pans when no postcodes are found
- Version 4 (28/01/2010) - Updates
- Miles option added for input
- Centre point can now be input by address or postcode
- Version 5 (11/02/2010) - Increased maximum radius to 100km / 64miles
- Version 6 (30/03/2011) - Increased maximum radius to 160km / 100miles
- Version 7 (27/04/2012) - Increased maximum radius to 320km / 200miles
- Version 8 (13/06/2012) - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added optional centre point marker
- Added Reset Map button
- Version 9 (15/07/2012)
- Each marker now shows the distance from the centre point in km
- Version 10 (09/08/2012)
- Option to toggle between CSV and new line output format
Previous Comments For This Page
Hi Liz, unfortunately this cannot be done. It can%u2019t output full postcodes.
By Free Map Tools on 09/04/2013
This looks a great site. I have some postcodes from some data collection I am doing. Is there anyway I can find how many live within a defined area (0.8km) from the point they are all travelling to. The UK postcodes within a given radius doesn't allow for use of full postcodes within a 'small' radius
By liz on 09/04/2013
I have to find the postcodes on a 20 mile radius for a large list of other postcodes. is there a way to do it all at once or am I doomed to input one by one? :(
By Stefan on 02/04/2013
Hi bill, unfortunately this can%u2019t be done.
By Free Map Tools on 01/03/2013
fantastic a life saver. Can I put the post code to the marker?
reply to email@example.com
By bill on 26/02/2013
How are all those mappers doing out there today?
By Jordan on 18/02/2013
scott, 1) yes, 2) no all are calculated ad-hoc.
By Free Map Tools on 13/02/2013
This is a great resource. Two questions if you wouldnt mind, 1 - are the distances as the crow flys? and 2 - have you produced a table within excel detailing cross references with all most codes? Thanks!
By scott on 12/02/2013
Hi - do you have a list of postcodes within the M25 that you could supply.
By Lee on 16/01/2013
worked for me the people who fonund problems must have somthing missing up top
By Dobber on 12/01/2013
Doesn't work - what a load of time wasting rubbish
By Honestjohn on 05/01/2013
On 26/12/2012, I understand what you mean. However, I feel this would over-complicate the number of options. Could I suggest you do a radius for 10 then a separate radius for 5 and then remove the postcodes that appear in both?
By Free Map Tools on 29/12/2012
Is there any way we could refine it so it would just show postcodes 5-10 miles away?
By Katy, Norfolk on 13/12/2012
So useful! Thanks for this service!
Thanks a lot, this has helped me heaps!
By clynt on 19/11/2012
according to this, my sister's house (which I can clearly see named on Google Earth) doesn't exist!
By Harvey on 11/10/2012
Is ther a way I can see a map of edinburgh with all postcode areas, showing the postcode and not markers as i need this printed off
By Lorraine on 04/10/2012
I think it's great.
By Paul on 01/10/2012
Showing the most recent 20 out of 188 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: