How Far is it Between Berlin, Germany and Paris, France
This map shows the distance from Berlin, Germany to Paris, France. You can also see the distance in miles and km below the map.
Map Showing the Distance Between Berlin, Germany and Paris, France
How to Use
Simply type in the name of the two places in the text boxes and click the show button!
The best format to use is [City, Country] to enter a location - that is [City(comma)(space)Country]. You can also type in major places straight in such as "USA", "Tokyo", "London" etc. Postcodes and addresses can also be used.
When you click the search button, a search will be made to find which place you are referring to. Firstly, a search is made of an internal list of common places. If no match is found then a search will be made using the Google Maps API GlocalSearch feature. If this also returns no results then you are asked to indicate the location of the point by clicking on the map. This allows you to then see the distance between the two points and also inputs the location into the internal database so that the next time a visitor searches for that location, it will be found.
Once a result is returned, you can copy a URL to use as a permanent link back to the result for your own reference or to pass on to other people.
About How Far is it Between
This tool can be used to find the distance between countries, cities or towns.
There are two distances output:
- As the Crow Flies - The direct distance between points
- Distance by land transport (When possible) - Distance estimate when you travel by road and sea.
The distances can be output in the following units:
- km (kilometers)
The output is via a measurement of the distance and also a map that shows that two locations and the path between them as the crow flies and the route by land transport.
You can use the controls on the map to:
- Pan the map
- Zoom the Map
- Switch between Map and Satellite views
Some Examples of Distances
Some of the distances between cities that can be found using the system. Click on one to see it or type in your own places above in the text boxes.
- How Far is it Between Las Vegas Nevada, Usa and Berlin, Germany
- How Far is it Between London, England and Rome, Italy
- Red line will not cross the International Date Line
- The Automatic zoom fails when the shortest distance is across the International Date Line
- Allow points to be requested for deletion from the database to keep the information tidy
If you spot anything that needs addressed, then please contact Free Map Tools.
- 8th January 2014 : Resolved minor issue. When no driving directions are found, the box now says N/A. Previously it had no update and sometimes retained the value of the previous search driving distance.
- 7th January 2014 : Resolved minor issue where driving directions route from old measurement was still appearing when another search was done.
- 13th November 2013 : Implemented Google Maps API V3
- 7th March 2010 : New mode of transport added ... Passenger Aeroplane.
- 2nd December 2009 : Now brings up the suggested cities and countries much faster. Also shows most popular places at the top of the list.
- 20th January 2008 : Improved automatic zoom to give more consistent results
- 15th December 2007 : Added Save Data option
- 29th November 2007 : Added Land Transport measurement option
- 4th November 2007 : Dynamic URL to save how far is it between X and Y
- 21st October 2007 : Added GlocalSearch search to find more places automatically
- 18th July 2007 : Fixed drop down lists so they fall over all content below
- 1st July 2007 : Work done on allowing users to add a new locations if they are not on the system
- 30th June 2007 : Page Created with basic functionality
Previous Comments For This Page
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I TRAVEL TO EUROPE
I WANT TO TRAVEL FROM AACHEN TO PARIS IN 8 OF JUL BY BUS,I AM VERY HAPPY ,THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR MAP GUIDE,
By M.BOZORGI on 01/06/2013
It's very comfortable tour between Budapest to Germany I was went to Rosenheim on september 2009, the journey was very well for me and my wife..great full journey...
By kamaljit Verma INDIA on 19/11/2012
It's obvious here that one needs to fly from Paris to Berlin if time is of the essence. 878k, even with a fast train, would be at least 9 hours total, right?
By jd on 12/09/2012
WOW WOW WOW WOW
By analia on 08/12/2011
hallo ich bin celik ich hap kommem paris bitte angurufin
By celik on 10/01/2011
I see air distance. I see auto distance. How about adding rail?
By Roadbum on 23/03/2010
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: