Free Map Tools
An online resource that enables visitors to easily and quickly use maps in order to measure, search and overlay mark-up elements on maps for a wide range of useful applications. Click on one of the Map Tools below to find out more...
A list of some of the map tools that are currently available for use. There is a more comprehensive list of tools and resources here.
|Radius Around Point||Measure Distance|
|See the radius around a point you click on a map||Find the distance between two points that you click|
|How far is it Between||Area Calculator|
|Find the distance between named points A and B||Calculate the enclosed area that you specify on a map|
General map tools that are relevant to all locations.
- Area Calculator Using Maps - Find an enclosed area using a polyline on a map
- Draw Concentric Circles - Draw Concentric Circles on a map
- Elevation Finder - Find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth
- Find Population on Map - Define an area on a map then find out the estimated population inside
- Find Sunrise and Sunset Time at a Location - Find out the next sunrise and sunset of any point on the earth.
- Golf Shot Distance Calculator - Record and measure the various strokes required to complete a hole of golf on a map
- How Far Can I Travel - Find out how far you could travel by road in a set time
- How Far Does Santa Have To Travel - Find out how far it is between the North Pole and your house
- How Far Is It Between - Find the distance between two named points on the earth
- International Meeting Centre of Gravity Tool - Find the best place to hold a meeting for it's attendees by inputting various international addresse
- KML File Creator - The KML (Keyhole Markup Language) File Creator will allow you to produce KML files using a simple in
- Map Tunnelling Tool - Tunnel to the other side of the earth on a map
- Measure Distance on a Map - Take a measurement between two points on a map to find the distance
- Radius Around a Point on a Map - Find where a radius of specified distance falls around a point on a map
- Range Finder Tool on a Map - Find out the end point location when you specify a start point, a bearing and a distance on a map
- Save Route on Map - Save a route on a map
- Time Zone Converter - Convert a time in one location to the time in another location
- Trip Calculator - Calculate the time and disatnce for a trip on a map
- Tunnel to the Other Side of the Google Earth - Find out what is on the other side of Google Earth
USA (ZIP Code) Related
Tools that are specific to the USA and concern ZIP codes.
- Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
- Find ZIP Codes Inside a User Defined Area - Specify a custom area to search within return all the ZIP codes found inside that area.
- Meeting Centre of Gravity for ZIP codes - Find the best place to hold a meeting for attendees by inputting their US ZIP code
UK And UK Postcode Related
Tools that are specific to the UK and UK Postcodes.
- Convert Postcode to National Grid Reference - Type in a postcode and the NGR will then be displayed
- Convert UK Postcode to Latitude / Longitude - Convert a UK postcode to a latitude longitude pair
- Distance Between Full UK Postcodes - Find the distance between 2 full postcodes in the UK and see the route on a map
- Download UK Postcode Outcode Boundaries - Download a KML file showing all UK Post code boundaries
- Download UK Postcodes with Latitude and Longitude - Download a list of UK out code postcodes with their latitude and longitude coordinates
- Find British National Grid Reference From Map - Tool to find the British national grid reference from a map
- Find London Underground Stations Inside Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all London Underground stations inside
- Find UK Hospitals Inside a Radius - Tool to find UK hospitals Inside a specified radius
- Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius
- Find UK Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area - Define an area and then search to return all outcode postcodes
- Meeting Centre of Gravity for Post Codes - Find the best place to hold a meeting by inputting postcodes
- Radius From UK Postcode - This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map.
- UK Postcode Map - Map of the UK where you can see the locations of all area level / out code postcodes
- Walking Distance Between UK Postcodes - Shows the walking distance between two postcodes
Tools that are specific to Australia
- Australian Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area - Australia where you can define an area and then search to return all postcodes inside
- Distance Between Australian Postcodes - Find the distance between two Australian postcodes
- Find Australian Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the post codes found inside that radius
Tools that are specific to Canada
- Distance Between Canadian Postcodes - Find the distance between 2 postcodes in Canada
- Find Canadian Postcode Inside User Defined Area - Draw a custom area, perform a search to find the Candian post codes indsid
- Find Candian Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius and return all the post codes found inside that radius
Tools that are specific to France
- Find French Postcodes Inside a Radius - Find French Postcodes Inside a Radius
Reference and downloads.
Previous Comments For This Page
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: