Download UK Postcodes with Latitude and Longitude
Download a list of UK out code postcodes with their latitude and longitude coordinates.
The UK postal system uses postcodes to help with automating the sorting and delivery of mail. This is made up of a 2-part code, an out code and an in code. As the out code is the most significant part of the system, it can be used to obtain a rough area level break up of the UK. There are approximately 2971 out codes and approximately 1762460 full postcodes (out code + in code). These downloads are made possible by our cheap dedicated server that provides a list of most of the out codes with their associated latitude and longitude.
The uses of these out codes and lat/long values include mapping applications such as:
- Rough distance calculation
- Plot the rough location of a postcode on a map
- Simple postcode validation for input forms
Current List : 2973 Postcodes
Total Possible : 2971 Postcodes
Number of missing postcodes : 0
Postcodes To Add
- DH11, DH12, DH13, DH14, DH15, DH16
Non Geographic Postcodes
AB99, BT58, CA99, CM92, CM98, CR44, CR90, GIR, IM99, IV99, JE5, M61, ME99, N1C, N81, NR99, NW26, PA80, PE99, RH77, SL60, SO97, SW95, SY99, WD99, WF90
- 10/06/2008 - Added SQL, CSV and XLS formats each with 2821 rows
- 01/07/2008 - Added List Status
- 24/08/2008 - Added some new postcodes
- 22/10/2008 - Added some Isle of Man and Jersey Postcodes. XLS format is no longer provided.
- 27/06/2009 - Added NR7
- 23/02/2011 - Added AB24, B99, BB94, BD97, BD98, BD98, BD99, BL11, BL78, BN50, BN51, BN52, BN88, BN99, BS80, BS98, CA95, CF30, CF91, CF95, CF99, CH25, CH26, CH27, CH28, CH29, CH30, CH31, CH32, CH33, CH34, CH70, CH88, CH99, CM77, CM99, CR9, CT50, CW98, DE99, DH97, DH98, DH99, DN55, E77, E98, EC1P, EC2P, EC4P, EC50, EH91, EH95, EH99, FY0, G58, G70, G75, G79, G9, G90, GU95, IP98, KY99, L67, L68, L71, L72, L73, L74, L75, LE19, LE21, LE41, LE55, LE87, LE94, LE95, LS88, LS98, LS99, M50, M60, M99, MK77, N1P, NE82, NE83, NE85, NE88, NE92, NE98, NG70, NG80, NG90, NW1W, OL95, PL95, PR0, PR11, S49, S96, S97, S98, S99, SA80, SA99, SE1P, SL95, SN38, SN99, SS22, SS99, ST55, SW99, TR93, UB18, W1A, WA55, WA88, WR78, WR99, YO90, YO91
- 15/09/2011 - Added E20 (Olympic Park Postcodes)
Previous Comments For This Page
where do you download it from
By Alan on 13/03/2013
Thanks for the data, very useful for my current web project as I only need to look us areas, perfect! #freethepostcode
Pls wat is de postercode of uk
By mr williams jack on 08/02/2013
By praveen kumar reddy chinta on 07/01/2013
Show me uk poster code
By olatoye on 24/12/2012
These are districts and not full postcode
Really useful to get the distance between our new home and previous home both as the crow or (starling )flies and by land transport.Amazing how quicker it would b if we could fly ,think of the traffic time saving !
By Tony on 27/11/2012
Thank you very much - this is extremely useful data!
Would be good to have this with area dialing codes @keithbarron
By Keith on 24/08/2012
Thank you for sharing this with us.
By ahprinters.com on 23/08/2012
I have this post code d45 2az but cant find it anywhere
Tim, here ... http://www.royalmail.com/postcode-finder/
By Free Map Tools on 09/07/2012
I have lost the will to live on here tryingto find the out code for an address I otherwise have. Where can I find a resource that gives the full postcode?
By Tim Hoy on 05/07/2012
I need post code map for my work
By Mei on 25/06/2012
We are buying a new build how do we find it's post code
By Wendy Evans on 14/05/2012
I've been searching high & low for an (approximate) lookup of London neighbourhood from postcode, and still no luck. Do you know if any such exists? e.g. "SW1V" should return "Pimlico".
By Alex on 03/05/2012
Very useful, thanks very much.
But I think IM2 might be slightly out - I guess the longitude (-4.85417) should be -4.485417.
Might it also be worth including the overseas postcodes?
F1QQ - Falkland Islands
GX11 - Gibraltar
By Malcolm on 06/03/2012
i need to show the boundaries of a post code i.e. b74 can this be done
By peter on 05/03/2012
Is it possible to extend this list to include all long lats for postal sectors ie. AB10 1, AB10 2 etc
By eddie on 02/12/2011
The public code point data contains eastings and northings not latitude and logitude but there is a php library phpcoord-2.3.php that will provide the necessary conversions. The current data does not include all the recent post code changes so is not up to date.
By M B on 26/09/2011
Showing the most recent 20 out of 79 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: