This planimeter tool can be used to measure the enclosed area of a defined polyline on a map.
Measure an Area
Search For Location :
Read KML (Beta)
To use the area calculator tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the area of interest
- Click on the map to place a vertices for the polyline
- Click as many time as necessary to define the polyline
The area enclosed will them be output in square meters and square kilometers
You can click the [Delete Last Point] button if you make a mistake or click [Clear All] points to remove all points from the map and start again.
You can also reposition the markers after they have been placed on the map by dragging and dropping them.
The area calculator tool allows you to find out the area that is enclosed inside a closed polyline overlaid on a map.
Future Uses and Ideas
- Allow the user to change the colour of the polylines and area shading (including transparent)
- Allow the option to have more than one area on the map at the same time
- Option to show/hide markers
- Output the length of the perimeter
- Add a quick find option to zoom in to the region without much panning and zooming
- Add square feet output
- 6th August 2013 - Issue with perimeter output fixed
- 21st February 2013 - Added square feet output
- 8th January 2012 - Upgraded to Google Maps API V3 and some new features
- 20th July 2010 - Added crosshairs and option to switch on/off crosshairs
- 17th June 2010 - Added upload KML option (beta)
- 2nd June 2010 - Moved the scale control to the top of map to stop conflict with Google Search bar
- 2nd February 2010 - Added perimeter output in meters and kilometers
- 25th March 2008 - Draggable markers, ability to click inside polygon and output in acres added
- 26th June 2007 - Basic area calculation added
- 24th June 2007 - Page created
Previous Comments For This Page
project area for run on river turbine installation
By project area on 05/12/2013
i calculated the land area of my own land block and was exactly correct
May I design a polign introducing coordinates? how?
By Daniel Evangelista on 25/11/2013
it is good but i need to close polygon based on distance and bearings
By kanna babu on 25/11/2013
By mir mahdi on 23/11/2013
Wonderful program. A total area output for multiple areas would be very useful. Thank you!
By Lance on 22/11/2013
SDH AND HOLBY LAND
By Vince on 06/11/2013
By guajalo on 05/11/2013
Como posso salva a poligonal modificada com a medida alterada ???
Grato pela futura resposta.
Gracias y Saludos
By Francisco Guizar on 29/10/2013
muy buena herramienta gracias
By Juan Castillo on 28/10/2013
On 20/10/2013, it gives the perimeter of the area. For an area that has 2 sides, this will be twice the distance between the two points.
By Free Map Tools on 27/10/2013
Using this for the purpose of determining the size of a clients property has been great.... one can also use it to check the approximate floor space of a building too! Great tool
By Jerry (Seeff Properties Zimbab on 25/10/2013
Great tool..excellent,namely.I will use that!
By yakeeBL on 25/10/2013
excellent service is provided by you. Thank You
By jignesh doshi on 24/10/2013
FANTASTIC TOOL FOR DOING ACREAGE, FARMING AREAS CALCULATING PRODUCTION ETC
By Bill Lawrance on 24/10/2013
Excellent tool. I am also looking for a tool calculates area using lat-longs of starting point,distance and bearings using google maps.
By kannababu on 24/10/2013
Excelente herramienta,sigan perfeccionandola,felicitaciones,Coerodri
By Coerodri on 23/10/2013
muy buena informacion gracias
Showing the most recent 20 out of 465 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: