This planimeter tool can be used to measure the enclosed area of a defined polyline on a map.
Measure an Area
Read KML (Beta)
To use the area calculator tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the area of interest
- Click on the map to place a vertices for the polyline
- Click as many time as necessary to define the polyline
The area enclosed will them be output in square meters and square kilometers
You can click the [Delete Last Point] button if you make a mistake or click [Clear All] points to remove all points from the map and start again.
You can also reposition the markers after they have been placed on the map by dragging and dropping them.
The area calculator tool allows you to find out the area that is enclosed inside a closed polyline overlaid on a map.
Future Uses and Ideas
- Allow the user to change the colour of the polylines and area shading (including transparent)
- Allow the area to be saved for later use
- 23rd March 2014 - Added Hectares output
- 6th August 2013 - Issue with perimeter output fixed
- 21st February 2013 - Added square feet output
- 8th January 2012 - Upgraded to Google Maps API V3 and some new features
- 20th July 2010 - Added crosshairs and option to switch on/off crosshairs
- 17th June 2010 - Added upload KML option (beta)
- 2nd June 2010 - Moved the scale control to the top of map to stop conflict with Google Search bar
- 2nd February 2010 - Added perimeter output in meters and kilometers
- 25th March 2008 - Draggable markers, ability to click inside polygon and output in acres added
- 26th June 2007 - Basic area calculation added
- 24th June 2007 - Page created
Previous Comments For This Page
Ótima ferramenta. Como sugestão a página poderia permitir o download do perímetro gerado em kml ou kmz. Obrigado.
By Daniel on 30/07/2014
Haras Flávio 28 hectares
By Paulo Smith on 28/07/2014
Nice tools but the perimeter in a 2 point line should be just the length of the line not twice as it is now.
Thanks for the utility!
By Michael Henry on 28/07/2014
Need to be able to download KML file
By Kate on 26/07/2014
it´s great but can´t print it.
there are a way to print?
By cruz on 25/07/2014
Amazing tool and has offers variety of applications to users
By Harish on 21/07/2014
By Indus hitech solutions on 18/07/2014
wonderfull, it`s very easy to use!
By alejandro. on 17/07/2014
Wonderful. What a tool. Great and Innovative idea. Thanks a lot. Calculated the area while actually surveying the land that I intend to buy!
By R Kumar on 13/07/2014
muy buen programa felicidades
By solorzano on 13/07/2014
Thank you, great streight forward solution
By Ido on 11/07/2014
By Humaid on 10/07/2014
Unfortunately you cannot save the map.
By Free Map Tools on 08/07/2014
Can you save the map?
THANKS. GOOD JOB
Excelente, simplemente excelente
too good ;-)
Muy Bueno Gracias
taroda 20 acres farm
By Aniruddha on 28/06/2014
Showing the most recent 20 out of 632 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: