This planimeter tool can be used to measure the enclosed area of a defined polyline on a map.
Measure an Area
Read KML (Beta)
To use the area calculator tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the area of interest
- Click on the map to place a vertices for the polyline
- Click as many time as necessary to define the polyline
The area enclosed will them be output in square meters and square kilometers
You can click the [Delete Last Point] button if you make a mistake or click [Clear All] points to remove all points from the map and start again.
You can also reposition the markers after they have been placed on the map by dragging and dropping them.
The area calculator tool allows you to find out the area that is enclosed inside a closed polyline overlaid on a map.
Future Uses and Ideas
- Allow the user to change the colour of the polylines and area shading (including transparent)
- Allow the area to be saved for later use
- 23rd March 2014 - Added Hectares output
- 6th August 2013 - Issue with perimeter output fixed
- 21st February 2013 - Added square feet output
- 8th January 2012 - Upgraded to Google Maps API V3 and some new features
- 20th July 2010 - Added crosshairs and option to switch on/off crosshairs
- 17th June 2010 - Added upload KML option (beta)
- 2nd June 2010 - Moved the scale control to the top of map to stop conflict with Google Search bar
- 2nd February 2010 - Added perimeter output in meters and kilometers
- 25th March 2008 - Draggable markers, ability to click inside polygon and output in acres added
- 26th June 2007 - Basic area calculation added
- 24th June 2007 - Page created
Previous Comments For This Page
Version is not beta, it is functioning and can upload /KML files. Please send us the file you are uploading and we can try to identify what aspect of it causes issues.
By Free Map Tools on 31/10/2014
No functioning!! is version beta, error upload file kml
By Finca Sosa AProx on 29/10/2014
muy bueno el programa
By elias on 28/10/2014
I made a KML file using Planimeter on my KitKat Android. However I cannot load it in order to edit. Does anybody know how to open it on the freemaptools?
By Thomas Calil on 27/10/2014
ME SERVIRA MUCHO
By WILL on 26/10/2014
Rastrojo de Mz "El Tambito" 75,9 ha
By Martin Ibarra on 25/10/2014
yes very good but better resolution needed
By logana broughton on 24/10/2014
By REZZA on 21/10/2014
This is the approximate land
By Korimerla 28 on 20/10/2014
como puedo ver las coordenadas en el mapa
By saul on 18/10/2014
Area del plan
By El plan on 17/10/2014
SOY TOPOGRAFO LO ENCONTRE BUENO
Fenomenal, la considero muy útil.
Fazenda Santa Cruz
SEAMS NOT RIGHT.
By MARWA JAMES on 09/10/2014
By jlopez on 08/10/2014
Showing the most recent 20 out of 687 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: