This planimeter tool can be used to measure the enclosed area of a defined polyline on a map.
Measure an Area
Read KML (Beta)
To use the area calculator tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the area of interest
- Click on the map to place a vertices for the polyline
- Click as many time as necessary to define the polyline
The area enclosed will them be output in square meters and square kilometers
You can click the [Delete Last Point] button if you make a mistake or click [Clear All] points to remove all points from the map and start again.
You can also reposition the markers after they have been placed on the map by dragging and dropping them.
The area calculator tool allows you to find out the area that is enclosed inside a closed polyline overlaid on a map.
Future Uses and Ideas
- Allow the user to change the colour of the polylines and area shading (including transparent)
- Allow the area to be saved for later use
- 17th June 2015 - Markers now show lat/lng when you hover over them
- 18th December 2014 - Total area is now calculated
- 23rd March 2014 - Added Hectares output
- 6th August 2013 - Issue with perimeter output fixed
- 21st February 2013 - Added square feet output
- 8th January 2012 - Upgraded to Google Maps API V3 and some new features
- 20th July 2010 - Added crosshairs and option to switch on/off crosshairs
- 17th June 2010 - Added upload KML option (beta)
- 2nd June 2010 - Moved the scale control to the top of map to stop conflict with Google Search bar
- 2nd February 2010 - Added perimeter output in meters and kilometers
- 25th March 2008 - Draggable markers, ability to click inside polygon and output in acres added
- 26th June 2007 - Basic area calculation added
- 24th June 2007 - Page created
Previous Comments For This Page
excelente herramienta gracias
By miguel on 26/06/2015
By know on 26/06/2015
Hi, please try Measure Distance on a Map for linear distances.
By Free Map Tools on 25/06/2015
Could you provide linear distances between points?
muchas gracias por tan excelente herramienta como la como la exporto a Autocad y civil
By Edgar Gomez on 24/06/2015
Excelente página de ayuda para consultar áreas y longitudes!!! que gran idea!!! el uso de la tecnología al servicio del hombre, Gracias!!
By luis ortiz on 24/06/2015
gracias por la ayuda me sirvió mucho los datos
By armin on 23/06/2015
6/23/2015 Buckley's Daughter's LLC
Project "Still-Byrnes-Hill; Field 21
By Blue Mountains Pheasants Forev on 23/06/2015
SCS Artificial Lift - Lafayette, LA: 111 Row 1, Lafayette, LA 70508
Area mapped for industrial activity.
By Don Stephens on 22/06/2015
pregunta: como se traslada esta información a un archivo, espero respuesta y saludos muy buena herramienta.
By Hugo Montes de Oca on 18/06/2015
Hi Rocky, the markers now display the lat/lng when you hover over them.
By Free Map Tools on 17/06/2015
Espectacular esta herramienta, congratulaciones.
By walter on 17/06/2015
One point: GPS Coordinates for the markers would be a great help.
By Rocky on 17/06/2015
By waldo palomino on 13/06/2015
By MARJHURET on 12/06/2015
muy buen programa de mucha ayuda
By neo on 10/06/2015
Herramienta buenisima y facil de usar
By Mario Reina O on 10/06/2015
excellent for calculating food plot acreage
EXELENTE HERRAMIENTA, GRACIAS POR EL APORTE, HOY SOLO ME FALTA APRENDER COMO TRASLADAR AL AUTOCAD
By EUSTAQUIO on 06/06/2015
Showing the most recent 20 out of 835 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: