Free Map Tools
An online resource that enables visitors to easily and quickly use maps in order to measure, search and overlay mark-up elements on maps for a wide range of useful applications. Click on one of the Map Tools below to find out more...
A list of some of the map tools that are currently available for use. There is a more comprehensive list of tools and resources here.
- Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius - specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
- Meeting COG for Postcodes - Find the best place to hold a meeting for it's attendees by inputting their postcodes
- How far is it Between - Find the distance between named points A and B
- Measure Distance - Find the distance between two points that you click
- Radius Around Point - See the radius around a point you click on a map
- Radius From UK Postcode - Plot a radius around a UK postcode. You can specify the radius size and postcode
- Area Calculator - Calculate the enclosed area that you specify on a map
- Map Tunnelling Tool - Find out what lies below your feet
- How Far Can I Travel - how far you can travel on land from a fixed point
- Tunnel to the Other Side of the Google Earth - Same as above only using Google Earth API
- Distance Between 2 UK Postcodes - Type in two postcodes and the distance between them will be returned.
- UK Postcode Map - Map of the where you can see all area level / out code postcodes.
- Meeting COG for ZIP codes - Find the best place to hold a meeting for attendees by inputting their US ZIP code
- Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius.
- Time Zone Converter - Use this map to convert a time in one location to the time in another location.
- Distance Between Canadian Postcodes - find the distance between 2 postcodes in Canada.
- Distance Between Australian Postcodes - find the distance between two postcodes in Australia.
Tools in Beta
Some tools not quite yet fully featured (or fully working) but put on view to allow feedback and suggestions.
- Golf Shot Distance Calculator - Record and measure the various strokes required to complete a hole of golf.
A list of resources provided by Free Map Tools.
Previous Comments For This Page
very cool tool set! can you create a tool that can take a list of addresses and a starting/ending address and then suggest the best route to reach all these addresses? that would be so useful for delivery drivers!
By Malessa Brisbane on 16/05/2013
I am trying to map out my own route from Florida to Maine so that I can see where I will be at any given time along the way, and be able to choose hotels in advance. Might this or another app work for that? Thank you.
By Jeannie on 06/04/2013
By auditor on 26/02/2013
DistanceBetween window is great! Greater is: add time window beside the red line. add time window beside squiggly blue line.
i haven't trained
By bishnu magar on 20/01/2013
This is a great website wouldn't be without it. Thank you
where am i
By china on 13/12/2012
HOLA AMIGOS ESTAN BUENA LA PAGINA ES UN GRAN APORTE
By email@example.com on 12/11/2012
It has really helped to sort out my queries
By jennifer on 08/11/2012
I'd like to download the map tools, but all the download links are for other products that I don't want.
Can you add a tool that shows elevation change for a driving route? It would be helpful when deciding where to place level 2 and level 3 charging stations for electric vehicles
By BT on 26/10/2012
money in the banks
By jb on 26/10/2012
Jack, Generic Map Generator can do that to a certain extent.
By Free Map Tools on 12/09/2012
Really useful site..
is it possible to map a number of postcodes to markers on the map? i have 8,000 that would be useful to map?
By Jack on 11/09/2012
By anonimo :) on 28/08/2012
This is good site for map. It has really helped to sort out my queries
Is this system Mac compatable?
Love this tool, I think I've found a bug.
Steps to reproduce
1) Go to http://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-is-it-between.htm
2) Enter Chesham, Bucks. Uk as the first location,
3) Bristol, England as the second location. Use Miles.
4) Press "show"
The land transport distance is correct. The as the crow flies starts from a location Turvey near Bedford (incorrect)
I tried the tool for Chesham, Bucks, UK to Turvey, Beds and again the land transport distance is correct.
according to http://www.freemaptools.com/tunnel-to-other-side-of-the-earth.htm
Chesham is at 51.70979964830051,-0.6078529357910156
Turvey is at 52.16171821254618,-0.6277656555175781
Which put them on the same meridian, but Turvey is approx 0.451918564 due north
By Kevin Lynch on 25/06/2012
Showing the most recent 20 out of 118 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: