Free Map Tools
An online resource that enables visitors to easily and quickly use maps in order to measure, search and overlay mark-up elements on maps for a wide range of useful applications. Click on one of the Map Tools below to find out more...
A list of some of the map tools that are currently available for use. There is a more comprehensive list of tools and resources here.
- Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius - specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
- Meeting COG for Postcodes - Find the best place to hold a meeting for it's attendees by inputting their postcodes
- How far is it Between - Find the distance between named points A and B
- Measure Distance - Find the distance between two points that you click
- Radius Around Point - See the radius around a point you click on a map
- Radius From UK Postcode - Plot a radius around a UK postcode. You can specify the radius size and postcode
- Area Calculator - Calculate the enclosed area that you specify on a map
- Map Tunnelling Tool - Find out what lies below your feet
- How Far Can I Travel - how far you can travel on land from a fixed point
- Tunnel to the Other Side of the Google Earth - Same as above only using Google Earth API
- Distance Between 2 UK Postcodes - Type in two postcodes and the distance between them will be returned.
- UK Postcode Map - Map of the where you can see all area level / out code postcodes.
- Meeting COG for ZIP codes - Find the best place to hold a meeting for attendees by inputting their US ZIP code
- Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius.
- Time Zone Converter - Use this map to convert a time in one location to the time in another location.
- Distance Between Canadian Postcodes - find the distance between 2 postcodes in Canada.
- Distance Between Australian Postcodes - find the distance between two postcodes in Australia.
Tools in Beta
Some tools not quite yet fully featured (or fully working) but put on view to allow feedback and suggestions.
- Golf Shot Distance Calculator - Record and measure the various strokes required to complete a hole of golf.
A list of resources provided by Free Map Tools.
Previous Comments For This Page
I need a map where I can create a radius geo target for zip code or city or an address, and show in the radius all the cities and zip codes. Could you show the population as well
By Al McClure on 09/12/2013
No, it doesn't take in to account any hills.
By Free Map Tools on 09/12/2013
Do the distances between two places take account of hills or does it assume that the earth is a perfect sphere
it's a really useful tool.
By mairon on 04/12/2013
Is there an android app for all these useful tools
By fady on 04/09/2013
I think this is good enough to be used.
By malik M/M on 22/08/2013
It looks handy. Very useful for planning trips
By Richard on 15/08/2013
Great tools for planning vacations travel my trip to malaysia Thanks
By S PERIA KARUPPAN on 05/08/2013
i like maps
By lulu on 22/07/2013
Great tools for planning vacations travel. Thanks for sharing!
By Mark in Minnesota on 21/07/2013
How do you use this? I want to know vacation locations within 500 mile radius.
Great site...especially the area tool. Thanks!
By Joe on 21/06/2013
Very useful tool.
By Keith on 20/06/2013
Really useful site
By Fast on 20/06/2013
confusing site! RUBBISH!!!
good website it helps me with my maths
By kourtney on 20/06/2013
goog website NOT
this site is confusing
By still on 20/06/2013
very cool tool set! can you create a tool that can take a list of addresses and a starting/ending address and then suggest the best route to reach all these addresses? that would be so useful for delivery drivers!
By Malessa Brisbane on 16/05/2013
I am trying to map out my own route from Florida to Maine so that I can see where I will be at any given time along the way, and be able to choose hotels in advance. Might this or another app work for that? Thank you.
By Jeannie on 06/04/2013
Showing the most recent 20 out of 136 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: