Free Map Tools
An online resource that enables visitors to easily and quickly use maps in order to measure, search and overlay mark-up elements on maps for a wide range of useful applications. Click on one of the Map Tools below to find out more...
A list of some of the map tools that are currently available for use. There is a more comprehensive list of tools and resources here.
|Radius Around Point||Measure Distance|
|See the radius around a point you click on a map||Find the distance between two points that you click|
|How far is it Between||Area Calculator|
|Find the distance between named points A and B||Calculate the enclosed area that you specify on a map|
General map tools that are relevant to all locations.
- Area Calculator Using Maps - Find an enclosed area using a polyline on a map
- Draw Concentric Circles - Draw Concentric Circles on a map
- Elevation Finder - Find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth
- Find Places Within Radius - Search for places inside a radius of an address
- Find Population on Map - Define an area on a map then find out the estimated population inside
- Find Sunrise and Sunset Time at a Location - Find out the next sunrise and sunset of any point on the earth.
- Golf Shot Distance Calculator - Record and measure the various strokes required to complete a hole of golf on a map
- How Far Can I Travel - Find out how far you could travel by road in a set time
- How Far Does Santa Have To Travel - Find out how far it is between the North Pole and your house
- How Far Is It Between - Find the distance between two named points on the earth
- International Meeting Centre of Gravity Tool - Find the best place to hold a meeting for it's attendees by inputting various international addresse
- KML File Creator - The KML (Keyhole Markup Language) File Creator will allow you to produce KML files using a simple in
- Map Tunnelling Tool - Tunnel to the other side of the earth on a map
- Measure Distance on a Map - Take a measurement between two points on a map to find the distance
- Radius Around a Point on a Map - Find where a radius of specified distance falls around a point on a map
- Range Finder Tool on a Map - Find out the end point location when you specify a start point, a bearing and a distance on a map
- Save Route on Map - Save a route on a map
- Time Zone Converter - Convert a time in one location to the time in another location
- Trip Calculator - Calculate the time and distance for a trip on a map
- Tunnel to the Other Side of the Google Earth - Find out what is on the other side of Google Earth
USA (ZIP Code) Related
Tools that are specific to the USA and concern ZIP codes.
- Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
- Find ZIP Codes Inside a User Defined Area - Specify a custom area to search within return all the ZIP codes found inside that area.
- Meeting Centre of Gravity for ZIP codes - Find the best place to hold a meeting for attendees by inputting their US ZIP code
UK And UK Postcode Related
Tools that are specific to the UK and UK Postcodes.
- Convert Postcode to National Grid Reference - Type in a postcode and the NGR will then be displayed
- Convert UK Postcode to Latitude / Longitude - Convert a UK postcode to a latitude longitude pair
- Distance Between Full UK Postcodes - Find the distance between 2 full postcodes in the UK and see the route on a map
- Download UK Postcode Outcode Boundaries - Download a KML file showing all UK Post code boundaries
- Download UK Postcodes with Latitude and Longitude - Download a list of UK out code postcodes with their latitude and longitude coordinates
- Find British National Grid Reference From Map - Tool to find the British national grid reference from a map
- Find London Underground Stations Inside Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all London Underground stations inside
- Find UK Hospitals Inside a Radius - Tool to find UK hospitals Inside a specified radius
- Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius
- Find UK Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area - Define an area and then search to return all outcode postcodes
- Meeting Centre of Gravity for Post Codes - Find the best place to hold a meeting by inputting postcodes
- Radius From UK Postcode - This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map.
- UK Postcode Map - Map of the UK where you can see the locations of all area level / out code postcodes
- Walking Distance Between UK Postcodes - Shows the walking distance between two postcodes
Tools that are specific to Australia
- Australian Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area - Australia where you can define an area and then search to return all postcodes inside
- Distance Between Australian Postcodes - Find the distance between two Australian postcodes
- Find Australian Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the post codes found inside that radius
Tools that are specific to Canada
- Distance Between Canadian Postcodes - Find the distance between 2 postcodes in Canada
- Find Canadian Postcode Inside User Defined Area - Draw a custom area, perform a search to find the Candian post codes indsid
- Find Candian Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius and return all the post codes found inside that radius
Tools that are specific to France
- Find French Postcodes Inside a Radius - Find French Postcodes Inside a Radius
Tools that are specific to India
- Find Indian Pincodes Inside Radius - Search for Indian pincodes inside radius you define
Reference and downloads.
Previous Comments For This Page
Hi JX, can you confirm what you mean? post codes?
By Free Map Tools on 24/07/2015
Is there one for Singapore (SG)?
By JX on 22/07/2015
Hi Andy, sorry we have nothing such as this and don't know of any tool or service that does this.
By Free Map Tools on 26/06/2015
Is there a tool to allow me to determine if I can see from one point to another please?
By AndyKendall on 26/06/2015
excelente herramienta de localización; muy útil para topografía y geodesia
Very good tool just worked out i flew 23479.403 miles on my holiday
By Ray on 19/05/2015
By yelay on 05/05/2015
Northen Irland Antrim
By Chilie on 15/04/2015
very useful site.we can easily use various map tools.Thanks
By Amit Verma on 02/04/2015
Hi George, sorry this is not possible to do in bulk.
By Free Map Tools on 01/04/2015
Is there a way to find travel distance between a starting point and a list of multiple zip codes? For example, if I'm trying to find the travel distance from starting point 29407 to zip codes, say, 29402, 29406, 29409, 29413, etc., how can this be done easily?
By George on 01/04/2015
This is an excellent tool.
By Jimmy kostro on 02/03/2015
There are some useful features here. Thank you.
By JE on 23/02/2015
Hi David, please have a look at How Far Can I Travel.
By Free Map Tools on 15/02/2015
Is there a feature possible such that instead of drawing a restricted radius of x kilometers/miles 'as the crow flies', one can draw a restricted radius of x kilometers/miles 'by land transport' and retrieve all zip codes and cities?
By David on 05/02/2015
This site is great! Thank you for sharing this article to us! good luck!http://www.viprunescape.com
By Cheap RS Gold on 09/01/2015
Just what I was looking for!
By GT on 03/01/2015
Bonne continuation c'est super ! I love it
By Brahim on 31/12/2014
great site, very usefull
By delores on 16/12/2014
Awesome work. Keep it up
By Vishal B on 10/12/2014
Showing the most recent 20 out of 189 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: