Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the post code input.
Radius From UK Post Code Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Previous Comments For This Page
Bkoody long way
Really handy thanks.
By Stuart on 28/11/2014
Brilliant. Just what I wanted.
The map didn't display on my mobile phone (Android) so used a PC intead.
By Ernie Fiftythree on 24/11/2014
Great tool, thank you
Five miles radius of the old GPO in Edinburgh
So helpful - I use the snipping tool on my laptop to cut out the maps - genius!
By SJ on 31/10/2014
Amazing ! Thanks
Very useful tool, thank you :)
Im trying to create this myself using dutch postcodes. I was wondering if you actually have a database full of postcodes with which you check the possible distance (with Geocoder) or if there is another (easier?) way to do this?
By Marius on 24/09/2014
Sweet. Job done
By Frank on 23/09/2014
Hi Jessie, Please have a look at Find Population on Map.
By Free Map Tools on 09/09/2014
Is there a way we can see the population within a given area? Be so helpful if there was!
By Jessie on 09/09/2014
Is there an app for this as it is a great tool!
By Upul on 27/07/2014
easy to print facility
Great tool-I would also be interested in postcodes as well. Is this possible on this tool?
Showing the most recent 20 out of 331 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: