Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the post code input.
Radius From UK Post Code Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Previous Comments For This Page
Very handy to have found your website, I have managed to screen grab and embed in to my website so thank you!
totally pointless and useless if like me you came here for to use a map on a website as you cant save it or use it...
Would be great if I could paste this out to an external doc. I can, but the circle aint showing :(
On Ebay they often give you a seller county in the UK. You can sort search results by distance nearest first based on your own postcode. It would be useful to be able to plot county boundaries and postcode radius on the same map to see how practical a local item pickup would be.
By Phil on 21/03/2013
Your only option is to copy and print what you see using Ctrl Prt Sc keys then paste on to a word doc.
By Phil on 19/03/2013
Overall a good tool, but, it would be better if you could enter multiple postcodes and if that information / map could be copied into a web page etc
WOuld be great if it could deal with km. I have to convert my distance which is a faff. Thanks tho. Still useful
"Pointless unless it can be copied or at least linked to a website etc.... Not impressed. "
You cannot because they want you here loading the ads they are serving. This is trivial to implement using Google Maps API, actually one of the Google Maps tutorials.
Map radius between Daventry & 60 miles
By 60 mile radius of Dav on 14/02/2013
While the last comment was both rude and wrong, it *would* be nice to be able to link to a map with a circle already showing. Just a thought :-)
By Simon C on 07/02/2013
Pointless unless it can be copied or at least linked to a website etc.... Not impressed.
Just note - if your Postcode is in the format XX0 0XX then you need to leave a double space for it to recognise the address.
By John Speed on 23/01/2013
60 Miles of Winchester
Is there any way you could enable an option so that, if I enter a number of postcodes, it would show the radii without overlaps, i.e. the "Catchment areas" of each postcode? It would be very useful to enter a number of offices into the program, and for it to highlight which areas of the country are closest to which office.
Ron G, thanks for the comments. We have made some updates.
By Free Map Tools on 13/01/2013
Great tool. It would be good to have an option to change colour and thickness of the radius border. Also an option to tag the Mid-Postcode marker e.g. with an address, business name etc.
By Ron G on 08/01/2013
XX0X 0XX postcodes like WC2N 5HF don't work (Charing Cross station in London).
By Sunil on 28/12/2012
hi this is great. Is it possible to add a lable to the centre postcode marker so you can see what you are plotting. Also can i clear last circle only when plotting around a postcode rather than clear the whole map?
Very helpful, and very easy to use.
By Lisa on 18/11/2012
works on my apple but not an option to print or save which is very disappointing
By Jackie on 18/11/2012
Showing the most recent 20 out of 252 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: