Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the post code input.
Radius From UK Post Code Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Previous Comments For This Page
By Upul on 27/07/2014
easy to print facility
Great tool-I would also be interested in postcodes as well. Is this possible on this tool?
On 12/06/2014, I guess you would need to do this manually.
By Free Map Tools on 18/06/2014
hi can I add other postcode points within the radius that I have just plotted? I want to show location of certain points within a catchment area.
Wow ......why have I not dicovered ths before . What a great tool !
By Lisa on 06/06/2014
Love this site.
By dazza on 05/06/2014
We will be looking in to London Underground stations.
By Free Map Tools on 29/04/2014
I'm looking to output a list of all of the London Underground stations within a radius. I realise you might not have the data to do this, but if it were possible to switch on Google maps "public transit" layer I could do this by eye.
I can't print from the full screen map with a right click. How else can I do it. Is a good tool though.
Need to print a really large map but don't seem to be able to. Great otherwise, how do I print when page is full screen?
Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it.
By Free Map Tools on 22/04/2014
Brilliant, this has helped me plot marketing & PR campaigns - thanks, and keep up the good work! :)
By Mark on 22/04/2014
The Radius thing, can you add a delete because its really annoying when you do a radius then cannot delete it
1 mile radius of 2 pharmacies in Forest Row
Hi James, Sorry we don't have that data so cant add it to the output.
By Free Map Tools on 09/03/2014
Could this potentially list all towns within the radius
By James on 09/03/2014
Hi David, please have a look at How Far Can I Travel.
By Free Map Tools on 20/02/2014
Showing the most recent 20 out of 316 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: