Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the post code input.
Radius From UK Post Code Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Previous Comments For This Page
Hi James, Sorry we don't have that data so cant add it to the output.
By Free Map Tools on 09/03/2014
Could this potentially list all towns within the radius
By James on 09/03/2014
Hi David, please have a look at How Far Can I Travel.
By Free Map Tools on 20/02/2014
First, thanks for the great tool. It would be useful to add a radius of distance of travel, not just as the crow flies.
By David on 20/02/2014
Hi, this has been updated, but nothing removed. Are you sure you aren't thinking of Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius?
By Free Map Tools on 12/02/2014
sadly cant see the postcodes within the radius anymore....this was a extremely useful tool
hi have you taken the tool with radius of postcode...is this a new version
TB, this has now been added.
By Free Map Tools on 10/02/2014
TB, not at the moment but we will add this to Future Ideas.
By Free Map Tools on 06/02/2014
Is there anyway of downloading .kml of the plotted radius so I can use in Google Earth?
By TB on 30/01/2014
On 23/01/2014, I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain in more detail please?
By Free Map Tools on 23/01/2014
Can you please add- morthumberland, county durham, cleveland, north, east, south, west yorkshire & london, humberside, lincolshire, cambridgeshire, norfolk, suffolk, essex, kent etc
hi i can not find the tool with radius of piostcode please help
Hi, Countys have now been added.
By Free Map Tools on 21/01/2014
Can you put Countys on the map please
2 mile radius of FPH
UIS Delivery Cost Map
By Gavin Iredale on 07/01/2014
I used this website for an assignment, but had to print screen the image of the radius, for future reference's could you make a copy image option underneath it?
By MrNomNom on 04/01/2014
it would be great to be able to undo your last plot. Great tool though !
By Dee on 02/01/2014
Hi David P ,
Unfortunately you are unable to add pins with labels on the map.
By Free Map Tools on 11/12/2013
Showing the most recent 20 out of 299 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: