Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the post code input.
Radius From UK Post Code Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Previous Comments For This Page
Is it possible, using any of your tools, to bulk calculate radial distances from one series of co-ordinates to another series of co-ordinates? i.e. if you had 10 lat/longs (Data set A) and 50 lat/longs (data set B) in order to tag (measure distance)) Data set B to nearest co-ordinate in data set A ?
By Noel on 23/11/2013
Works great for me! Many thanks, a really useful tool
Please can you delete your temporary internet files and reload the page again and see if this helps?
By Free Map Tools on 18/11/2013
still not working
The map hasnt been working for the last 2 days now?
By Victoria Taylor on 15/11/2013
Hayley, please have a look at How Far Can I Travel.
By Free Map Tools on 09/11/2013
Is there anyway to check postcodes within a radius of minutes instead of miles / km? This would be really handy for me.
By Hayley on 07/11/2013
Can I print this
this is it http://www.freemaptools.com/find-uk-postcodes-inside-radius.htm
try postcodes within a uk radius within the same site
It would be great if it listed which postcodes fall within designated radius
Hi Paul, have a look at Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 28/08/2013
Very helpful - thankyou for the work you've put into this :-)
Is there a way you can display a list of the postcodes in the radius calculated by this tool and save it as a CSV? Many thanks for all of your hard work :)
By Paul on 27/08/2013
A Krystal, Please have a look at Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 06/08/2013
I would add the name of the neighbourhoods to have more information about the map.
Can you please make it possible to download the postcodes within the radius?
By A Krystal on 01/08/2013
can you please add ability to change colour intensity or make the colour more transparent?
By Jeeves on 31/07/2013
On 10/07/2013, you can now input in kilometers.
By Free Map Tools on 23/07/2013
Showing the most recent 20 out of 278 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: