Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the post code input.
Radius From UK Post Code Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Previous Comments For This Page
20 Mile Radius
By Gill Bruce on 15/09/2015
By Neil on 09/09/2015
Really helpful thanks
By Ella on 08/09/2015
At last found something that works thank you
By Ken on 04/08/2015
By Fazztee on 25/07/2015
Please have a look at How Far Can I Travel.
By Free Map Tools on 09/06/2015
Anyway of finding out driving distance time wise oppose to miles?
Easy to use, very usual tool. Thank you
By Simon on 31/05/2015
Thank you. Very helpful
By JW on 28/05/2015
Proposed travel v Accomodation Map
By James Croke on 17/03/2015
very useful thanks
Brilliant Very good highly recommended %uD83D%uDE0A
By Scg on 28/02/2015
how do you print the map out? I can't see any tools to do that apart from printing the whole page
By dudleygirl on 01/02/2015
Hi Stephen, it looks OK at this end ... screenshot.
What happens when you click Plot? Nothing?
By Free Map Tools on 25/01/2015
Is it me? I just tried ST1 5SH (Which is my office) also ST01 5SH and then ST7 1SQ & ST07 1SQ none of these work. They are respectively Festival Way Stoke on trent & Litchfield Road, Talke, Stoke on Trent.
By Stephen T on 25/01/2015
Showing the most recent 20 out of 354 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: