This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker. You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Use the search facility to:
- Find a location
- Find a business nearby
- Any search results will be displayed below the map
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Previous Comments For This Page
I don't think it's accurate.
how can I save my map with the elevation data?
interesting but not very accurate, especially if dense vegetation is hindering the ground. I had a river perched ten metres above the floodplain! Not likely - oh well.
By Damien on 05/05/2015
It even shows the altitude difference of a driveway and little hills.
It is very accurate and it shows elevation on hills the same as I see them go up or down in real life. I think it is accurate and very interesting.
It is very accurate and precise as far as I know.
This provides interesting information.
really cool thanks
This site has been very helpful to me.
Me house has gained 54 Meters Height ?
By King of the Hill on 20/03/2015
Wow,simple straight forward and easy to use. Just great - it does what is says. Perfect tool
By BikerPeter on 12/03/2015
According to this map the creek on my farm flows uphill... not correct at all.
Awesome tool, shows contours very clearly too!
By Jag on 22/02/2015
Excellent tool! Had no trouble finding elevation. Thanks!
By jellis on 17/02/2015
elevation at 1958 so pearcy rd bonnerdale
I found this quick and easy to use, as far as I can tell it's accurate.
By Kadey on 14/01/2015
Fast and easy. Even shows property boundaries.
The search feature doesn't work. There is a box with a cursor at the top left of the map box, but when I hit enter (there is no search/go/etc. button), nothing happens. The cursor just keeps flashing.
It doesent work! the numbers are wrong *lol*
By Dingbat on 05/11/2014
how accurate is this
By ste on 05/11/2014
Showing the most recent 20 out of 93 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: