Free Map Tools
An online resource that enables visitors to easily and quickly use maps in order to measure, search and overlay mark-up elements on maps for a wide range of useful applications. Click on one of the Map Tools below to find out more...
A list of some of the map tools that are currently available for use. There is a more comprehensive list of tools and resources here.
|Radius Around Point||Measure Distance|
|See the radius around a point you click on a map||Find the distance between two points that you click|
|How Far is it Between||Area Calculator|
|Find the distance between named points A and B||Calculate the enclosed area that you specify on a map|
To see a list of tools specific to a country, use one of the links below:
General map tools that are relevant to all locations.
- Area Calculator Using Maps - Find an enclosed area using a polyline on a map
- Direction Projection Tool - Use the Direction Projection tool to visualise a projected path on a map
- Draw Concentric Circles - Draw Concentric Circles on a map
- Elevation Finder - Find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth
- Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius - Find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location
- Find Line of Equidistance Between Two Points - See the path where the distance between two points is the same
- Find Place With Name - Search for a town, city or place with your name
- Find Places Within Radius - Search for places inside a radius of an address
- Find Population on Map - Define an area on a map then find out the estimated population inside
- Find Sunrise and Sunset Time at a Location - Find out the next sunrise and sunset time of any point on the earth.
- Golf Shot Distance Calculator - Record and measure the various strokes required to complete a hole of golf on a map
- Horizon Finder - Find where the visible horizon is from a point on earth using a map
- How Far Does Santa Have To Travel - Find out how far it is between the North Pole and your house
- How Far Is It Between - Find the distance between two named points on the earth
- International Meeting Centre of Gravity Tool - Find the best place to hold a meeting for it's attendees by inputting various international addresse
- KML File Creator - The KML (Keyhole Markup Language) File Creator will allow you to produce KML files using a simple in
- Map Tunnelling Tool - Tunnel to the other side of the earth on a map
- Measure Distance From Central Point To Many - Find out the distance from one point to many other points
- Measure Distance on a Map - Take a measurement between two points on a map to find the distance
- Plot Airport Routes - Plot airline route networks or airport destination maps
- Radius Around a Point on a Map - Find where a radius of specified distance falls around a point on a map
- Range Finder Tool on a Map - Find out the end point location when you specify a start point, a bearing and a distance on a map
- Save Route on Map - Save a route on a map
- Time Zone Converter - Convert a time in one location to the time in another location
- Trip Calculator - Calculate the time and distance for a trip on a map
- Tunnel to the Other Side of the Google Earth - Find out what is on the other side of Google Earth
- View and Edit Photo GPS Data - Use a map to view and edit GPS data in a photo
Comments For This Page
No elevation finder
iOS 12 iPhone 8 Plus
On 18th February 2019
Is there a Uribe tutorial on the site?
By John on 22nd January 2019
By yahia on 9th January 2019
How do down the app for android
By K. Mungai on 18th December 2018
Ricardo - sorry we do not have a desktop app.
By Free Map Tools on 5th December 2018
Excellent app my friends!
Is there a Desktop version of this app?
By Ricardo on 5th December 2018
By wed tranferencia on 13th October 2018
cant find it
By jess on 11th October 2018
Nothing for the beautiful lands of South Africa ?? :(
By Gareth on 26th August 2018
By Pancho on 4th May 2018
I work for a bulk mail company i've used this site a few times now because we get requests for things like"how many area codes between these 3 cities the tools are great and really useful for me. Thanks guys! By Steven on 18th January 2017
By Sandy li on 2nd April 2018
How do you download MapTools? I'm not looking to download Chrome, I have that. I am not looking to download map updates. I just want to download MapTools.
By Paul on 27th January 2018
By Jagdish on 7th January 2018
Excatly the tools I have been searching for, and then it doesn´t cover the nordics. :(
Great and very useful feature to map out postcodes.
By Theis on 6th November 2017
On 29th October 2017
By O.I on 20th August 2017
By a1 on 28th July 2017
On 12th July 2017
Not easy to use and how many users can even pronounce antipodes
On 3rd July 2017
Just want to say this is a great site! Thanks for your efforts!
On 16th June 2017
Showing the most recent 20 out of 246 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: