Free Map Tools
An online resource that enables visitors to easily and quickly use maps in order to measure, search and overlay mark-up elements on maps for a wide range of useful applications. Click on one of the Map Tools below to find out more...
A list of some of the map tools that are currently available for use. There is a more comprehensive list of tools and resources here.
|Radius Around Point||Measure Distance|
|See the radius around a point you click on a map||Find the distance between two points that you click|
|How Far is it Between||Area Calculator|
|Find the distance between named points A and B||Calculate the enclosed area that you specify on a map|
To see a list of tools specific to a country, use one of the links below:
General map tools that are relevant to all locations.
- Area Calculator Using Maps - Find an enclosed area using a polyline on a map
- Create and Plot Encoded Polyline on Map - Plot an encoded polyline on map and draw a polyline to produce an encoded polyline
- Direction Projection Tool - Use the Direction Projection tool to visualise a projected path on a map
- Draw Concentric Circles - Draw Concentric Circles on a map
- Elevation Finder - Find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth
- Find Cities and Towns Inside an Area - Find cities and towns within a user drawn area
- Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius - Find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location
- Find Line of Equidistance Between Two Points - See the path where the distance between two points is the same
- Find Place With Name - Search for a town, city or place with your name
- Find Places Within Radius - Search for places inside a radius of an address
- Find Population on Map - Define an area on a map then find out the estimated population inside
- Find Sunrise and Sunset Time at a Location - Find out the next sunrise and sunset time of any point on the earth.
- Golf Shot Distance Calculator - Record and measure the various strokes required to complete a hole of golf on a map
- Horizon Finder - Find where the visible horizon is from a point on earth using a map
- How Far Can I Travel - Find out how far you could travel by road in a set time
- How Far Does Santa Have To Travel - Find out how far it is between the North Pole and your house
- How Far Is It Between - Find the distance between two named points on the earth
- International Meeting Centre of Gravity Tool - Find the best place to hold a meeting for it's attendees by inputting various international addresse
- KML File Creator - The KML (Keyhole Markup Language) File Creator will allow you to produce KML files using a simple in
- Map Tunnelling Tool - Tunnel to the other side of the earth on a map
- Measure Distance From Central Point To Many - Find out the distance from one point to many other points
- Measure Distance on a Map - Take a measurement between two points on a map to find the distance
- Plot Airport Routes - Plot airline route networks or airport destination maps
- Radius Around a Point on a Map - Find where a radius of specified distance falls around a point on a map
- Range Finder Tool on a Map - Find out the end point location when you specify a start point, a bearing and a distance on a map
- Save Route on Map - Save a route on a map
- Time Zone Converter - Convert a time in one location to the time in another location
- Trip Calculator - Calculate the time and distance for a trip on a map
- Tunnel to the Other Side of the Google Earth - Find out what is on the other side of Google Earth
- View and Edit Photo GPS Data - Use a map to view and edit GPS data in a photo
Comments For This Page
This is a good tool
By Abderrahim on 31st July 2022
By IT SO GOOD on 10th July 2022
By Beating Up. on 19th May 2022
On 18th April 2022
is there an option where i can stretch a line only in a diagonal direction im talking about north-east south-east south-west north-west or maybe turn the map 45 degrees at a time never mind if there isnt such a function you have already done so much for me with this sites existence thank you
By Brunton on 5th April 2022
By Ghulam Azam khan on 25th March 2022
Why South and central America are not included. What about Mexico and the Caribbean.
On 21st February 2022
Make a flood map. because an alternative web site is expensive
On 19th January 2022
it is so cool i have never seen something so cool
By maalyna123 on 14th December 2021
I Am New Here So I am loking how far will santa travel to russia
By Unicorn on 8th December 2021
Awesome, seeing it on the map makes me actually feel closer to those I love and care about.
On 25th November 2021
I loved it....thanks to you!
On 15th November 2021
By lily on 29th October 2021
What year is the population data representing?
On 28th October 2021
How do I get this map
On 26th October 2021
This is a great tool
On 12th October 2021
How to know aerial distance between two points by latlong
On 5th August 2021
How to check aerial distance between two GR
On 5th August 2021
Hello I noticed early this morning that my saved links from drawing lines on Freemap tools have all been wiped out.
By Steve Chong on 7th July 2021
Does anyone know if there is source like this can tell me how far I am at given time to the nearest freeway onramp?
By Gary on 16th June 2021
Showing the most recent 20 out of 302 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)