Free Map Tools
An online resource that enables visitors to easily and quickly use maps in order to measure, search and overlay mark-up elements on maps for a wide range of useful applications. Click on one of the Map Tools below to find out more...
A list of some of the map tools that are currently available for use. There is a more comprehensive list of tools and resources here.
|Radius Around Point||Measure Distance|
|See the radius around a point you click on a map||Find the distance between two points that you click|
|How Far is it Between||Area Calculator|
|Find the distance between named points A and B||Calculate the enclosed area that you specify on a map|
To see a list of tools specific to a country, use one of the links below:
General map tools that are relevant to all locations.
- Area Calculator Using Maps - Find an enclosed area using a polyline on a map
- Direction Projection Tool - Use the Direction Projection tool to visualise a projected path on a map
- Draw Concentric Circles - Draw Concentric Circles on a map
- Elevation Finder - Find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth
- Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius - Find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location
- Find Line of Equidistance Between Two Points - See the path where the distance between two points is the same
- Find Place With Name - Search for a town, city or place with your name
- Find Places Within Radius - Search for places inside a radius of an address
- Find Population on Map - Define an area on a map then find out the estimated population inside
- Find Sunrise and Sunset Time at a Location - Find out the next sunrise and sunset time of any point on the earth.
- Golf Shot Distance Calculator - Record and measure the various strokes required to complete a hole of golf on a map
- Horizon Finder - Find where the visible horizon is from a point on earth using a map
- How Far Does Santa Have To Travel - Find out how far it is between the North Pole and your house
- How Far Is It Between - Find the distance between two named points on the earth
- International Meeting Centre of Gravity Tool - Find the best place to hold a meeting for it's attendees by inputting various international addresse
- KML File Creator - The KML (Keyhole Markup Language) File Creator will allow you to produce KML files using a simple in
- Map Tunnelling Tool - Tunnel to the other side of the earth on a map
- Measure Distance From Central Point To Many - Find out the distance from one point to many other points
- Measure Distance on a Map - Take a measurement between two points on a map to find the distance
- Plot Airport Routes - Plot airline route networks or airport destination maps
- Radius Around a Point on a Map - Find where a radius of specified distance falls around a point on a map
- Range Finder Tool on a Map - Find out the end point location when you specify a start point, a bearing and a distance on a map
- Save Route on Map - Save a route on a map
- Time Zone Converter - Convert a time in one location to the time in another location
- Trip Calculator - Calculate the time and distance for a trip on a map
- Tunnel to the Other Side of the Google Earth - Find out what is on the other side of Google Earth
- View and Edit Photo GPS Data - Use a map to view and edit GPS data in a photo
Comments For This Page
i used this thing and i got to find Area 51 and find aliens thank u map tools very cool
By spaghettimuncher64 on 5th November 2019
A great resource for many, mine happens to be very useful for Amateur Radio !
By David (g8gxp) on 31st October 2019
This worked well, wish I could get a larger radiouse than 50 Km
but still usfull.
By Trevor B on 9th October 2019
Serge, sorry we have nothing quite like this...
By Free Map Tools on 29th September 2019
It would be nice to have a compass tool that shows exact degrees from magnetic north pole anywhere in the globe on google maps (as in navigation charts), is there such a tool?
By Serge Caz on 29th September 2019
Don%u2019t know why people complain, it%u2019s very informative. Perhaps it%u2019s beyond their capabilities to use it properly.
On 31st August 2019
Distance from your place
On 10th August 2019
how we can use this functionalities in our application?
On 8th July 2019
simple and efficient ;) thanks
By FBI on 6th July 2019
By K M Atikur Rahman on 28th May 2019
thank you love your site & answers easy to understand & lots of fun answers!! who knew??
By ann kessler on 21st May 2019
Great tool, but the new map for Find ZIP Codes Inside a User Defined Area lost functionality as continually zooms in after three points and no ability to remove points.
By Joel on 20th May 2019
good and bad
By gbg on 14th May 2019
Works great and so easy to use.
By Big Mac on 7th May 2019
Abha saudi arabia
By أمل on 26th April 2019
On 8th March 2019
Great for elevations.
By Francisco Fernandes on 26th February 2019
I did not get South America & Africa maps .
By Ruchi on 22nd February 2019
No elevation finder
iOS 12 iPhone 8 Plus
On 18th February 2019
Is there a Uribe tutorial on the site?
By John on 22nd January 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 264 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)