Free Map Tools
An online resource that enables visitors to easily and quickly use maps in order to measure, search and overlay mark-up elements on maps for a wide range of useful applications. Click on one of the Map Tools below to find out more...
A list of some of the map tools that are currently available for use. There is a more comprehensive list of tools and resources here.
|Radius Around Point||Measure Distance|
|See the radius around a point you click on a map||Find the distance between two points that you click|
|How Far is it Between||Area Calculator|
|Find the distance between named points A and B||Calculate the enclosed area that you specify on a map|
To see a list of tools specific to a country, use one of the links below:
General map tools that are relevant to all locations.
- Area Calculator Using Maps - Find an enclosed area using a polyline on a map
- Create and Plot Encoded Polyline on Map - Plot an encoded polyline on map and draw a polyline to produce an encoded polyline
- Direction Projection Tool - Use the Direction Projection tool to visualise a projected path on a map
- Draw Concentric Circles - Draw Concentric Circles on a map
- Elevation Finder - Find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth
- Find Cities and Towns Inside an Area - Find cities and towns within a user drawn area
- Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius - Find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location
- Find Line of Equidistance Between Two Points - See the path where the distance between two points is the same
- Find Place With Name - Search for a town, city or place with your name
- Find Places Within Radius - Search for places inside a radius of an address
- Find Population on Map - Define an area on a map then find out the estimated population inside
- Find Sunrise and Sunset Time at a Location - Find out the next sunrise and sunset time of any point on the earth.
- Golf Shot Distance Calculator - Record and measure the various strokes required to complete a hole of golf on a map
- Horizon Finder - Find where the visible horizon is from a point on earth using a map
- How Far Can I Travel - Find out how far you could travel by road in a set time
- How Far Does Santa Have To Travel - Find out how far it is between the North Pole and your house
- How Far Is It Between - Find the distance between two named points on the earth
- International Meeting Centre of Gravity Tool - Find the best place to hold a meeting for it's attendees by inputting various international addresse
- KML File Creator - The KML (Keyhole Markup Language) File Creator will allow you to produce KML files using a simple in
- Map Tunnelling Tool - Tunnel to the other side of the earth on a map
- Measure Distance From Central Point To Many - Find out the distance from one point to many other points
- Measure Distance on a Map - Take a measurement between two points on a map to find the distance
- Plot Airport Routes - Plot airline route networks or airport destination maps
- Radius Around a Point on a Map - Find where a radius of specified distance falls around a point on a map
- Range Finder Tool on a Map - Find out the end point location when you specify a start point, a bearing and a distance on a map
- Save Route on Map - Save a route on a map
- Time Zone Converter - Convert a time in one location to the time in another location
- Trip Calculator - Calculate the time and distance for a trip on a map
- Tunnel to the Other Side of the Google Earth - Find out what is on the other side of Google Earth
- View and Edit Photo GPS Data - Use a map to view and edit GPS data in a photo
Comments For This Page
Hi guys, I have a query, please note it is said in humor. My brother lives just outside Denver USA and I live just outside Brisbane Australia. Tomorrow is Australia Day, but due to the virus the usual crowd turn out for looking at the firework displays has changed. The displays in a couple of cities are now going to be set off in stadiums. By default, it means the fireworks have to go higher but by the same token people will see it not being locked into crowds. My thoughts were telling my brother the best way to see the display :-) was it look East or West, and Unless I overlooked something, your software picked the shortest route, for him and family to look west, but Denver is about a mile above sea level and the speed of light travels 670,616,629 mph faster than the earth spins at about 1000 mph. Now, could it be that by looking East and by standing on their roof and looking west they would have a better chance of seeing the firework display? Did I miss a button %u201CAs the crow flies.%u2019 that would of indicated to a second option.
By Mike on 25th January 2021
I'd to calculate the distance between 2 points on the planet by knowing only the geografical coordinates.
On 30th December 2020
Babu Rao used it for calculating elevation thank you
By Babu Rao Ganpat Rao on 22nd December 2020
Te best map tool ever, thank you
By Kris on 25th November 2020
it was really awesome
On 30th September 2020
Ugh don%u2019t understand
By Olof girl on 29th June 2020
Very good page to lood multiple zips you get 2 thumps up!!
By Elmar on 26th June 2020
On 30th April 2020
On 30th April 2020
very helpful , Thank you
By Dave Russell on 23rd April 2020
Find Population on Map is not working.
By Akshath on 9th April 2020
By Anjail on 26th March 2020
This is great and you make my (work) life easier. Thank you
By Juan-Jose Blasco on 6th February 2020
easy to use and very effective
By Christian Durán on 29th January 2020
Very easy to use
On 27th November 2019
i used this thing and i got to find Area 51 and find aliens thank u map tools very cool
By spaghettimuncher64 on 5th November 2019
A great resource for many, mine happens to be very useful for Amateur Radio !
By David (g8gxp) on 31st October 2019
This worked well, wish I could get a larger radiouse than 50 Km
but still usfull.
By Trevor B on 9th October 2019
Serge, sorry we have nothing quite like this...
By Free Map Tools on 29th September 2019
It would be nice to have a compass tool that shows exact degrees from magnetic north pole anywhere in the globe on google maps (as in navigation charts), is there such a tool?
By Serge Caz on 29th September 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 279 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)