Free Map Tools
An online resource that enables visitors to easily and quickly use maps in order to measure, search and overlay mark-up elements on maps for a wide range of useful applications. Click on one of the Map Tools below to find out more...
A list of some of the map tools that are currently available for use. There is a more comprehensive list of tools and resources here.
|Radius Around Point||Measure Distance|
|See the radius around a point you click on a map||Find the distance between two points that you click|
|How far is it Between||Area Calculator|
|Find the distance between named points A and B||Calculate the enclosed area that you specify on a map|
To see a list of tools specifc to a country, use one of the links below:
General map tools that are relevant to all locations.
- Area Calculator Using Maps - Find an enclosed area using a polyline on a map
- Draw Concentric Circles - Draw Concentric Circles on a map
- Elevation Finder - Find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth
- Find Places Within Radius - Search for places inside a radius of an address
- Find Population on Map - Define an area on a map then find out the estimated population inside
- Find Sunrise and Sunset Time at a Location - Find out the next sunrise and sunset of any point on the earth.
- Golf Shot Distance Calculator - Record and measure the various strokes required to complete a hole of golf on a map
- Horizon Finder - Find where the visible horizon is from a point on earth using a map
- How Far Can I Travel - Find out how far you could travel by road in a set time
- How Far Does Santa Have To Travel - Find out how far it is between the North Pole and your house
- How Far Is It Between - Find the distance between two named points on the earth
- International Meeting Centre of Gravity Tool - Find the best place to hold a meeting for it's attendees by inputting various international addresse
- KML File Creator - The KML (Keyhole Markup Language) File Creator will allow you to produce KML files using a simple in
- Map Tunnelling Tool - Tunnel to the other side of the earth on a map
- Measure Distance on a Map - Take a measurement between two points on a map to find the distance
- Radius Around a Point on a Map - Find where a radius of specified distance falls around a point on a map
- Range Finder Tool on a Map - Find out the end point location when you specify a start point, a bearing and a distance on a map
- Save Route on Map - Save a route on a map
- Time Zone Converter - Convert a time in one location to the time in another location
- Trip Calculator - Calculate the time and distance for a trip on a map
- Tunnel to the Other Side of the Google Earth - Find out what is on the other side of Google Earth
- View and Edit Photo GPS Data - Use a map to view and edit GPS data in a photo
Previous Comments For This Page
muy buena herramienta y para fines de aprendizaje rapido me parece excelente saludos cordiales
By elias on 10/02/2016
Amazing! Exactly what I needed - and for the real estate comment that appeared in my Google search. Excellent Thanks
By ctm on 02/01/2016
The zip codes in a radius tool is simply amazing. Thank you!
By Eric on 16/12/2015
this tool is simply awesome, thanks for making it happen
By Wuha on 12/11/2015
Great way to work out.
By Mr Thomas on 02/11/2015
tenia años de buscar esta pagina y la encontré por medio de un foro es muy buena estoy agradecido por ella
By andres on 30/09/2015
this website is awsome
Yes it good useful
By Sadhna on 11/09/2015
This is the coolest tool I have found on the web! So many uses!
By Dan on 11/09/2015
never mind its good its easy to find out and great website by the way
By K.B on 09/09/2015
I want to show where the people who need our help live and also where our volunteers live so I can match them up. I have UK postcodes for both. The list are pretty long.
Do you have a tool that can help
By Chris on 28/08/2015
Hi JX, can you confirm what you mean? post codes?
By Free Map Tools on 24/07/2015
Is there one for Singapore (SG)?
By JX on 22/07/2015
Hi Andy, sorry we have nothing such as this and don't know of any tool or service that does this.
By Free Map Tools on 26/06/2015
Is there a tool to allow me to determine if I can see from one point to another please?
By AndyKendall on 26/06/2015
excelente herramienta de localización; muy útil para topografía y geodesia
Very good tool just worked out i flew 23479.403 miles on my holiday
By Ray on 19/05/2015
By yelay on 05/05/2015
Northen Irland Antrim
By Chilie on 15/04/2015
very useful site.we can easily use various map tools.Thanks
By Amit Verma on 02/04/2015
Showing the most recent 20 out of 199 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: