In this example, we will show how to use multiple pages on Free Map Tools to estimate the population inside a ‘drive time’ radius. We will then find the estimated population within a 1 hour drive from Atlanta, Georgia.
- Make your drive time radius. E.g. http://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-can-i-travel.htm?address=Atlanta,%20Georgia&speed=60&time=1&accuracy=10&u=km&hw=false&m=false&mode=DRIVING
- Once processing has finished, choose Save Area from the User Menu found near the top right of the web page
- Give the new area a name
Drive Time From Atlanta
- Go to http://www.freemaptools.com/find-population.htm
- Choose User Menu > Load Area
- Click your new area name from the list to load it
- Click the Find Population button
The estimated population is shown below the map.
Please use this example as a basis for your own needs and uses across different pages on Free Map Tools
You can see how data is compatible between pages on http://www.freemaptools.com/about-user-menu.htm#featuretable
This article will describe how you can use Free Map Tools Find Population on Map to produce an estimate for the population inside a radius.
- Draw the radius by dragging clicking on the map at the desired center point
- Adjust the position of the radius by dragging the center grip
- Change the radius itself by dragging one of the four outside grips
- Once the radius is correct, click the [Find Population] button. After a shortly delay, the estimated population will be displayed below the map.
You can use the Find Population on Map tool to draw a radius or area and then find out the population inside that area.
To start, click either the radius or area icon.
Population Choose Radius or Area
For a radius, click on the map to draw the radius. You can then reposition or re-centre the radius in order to get it to cover the required area.
Once you are satisfied with the position of the radius on the map, click the [Find Population] button just below the map. The population estimate is then displayed below the map. See the example below for the population estimate of Dublin, Ireland
Population of Dublin, Ireland Radius
For a user defined area, click on the map multiple times to draw the area on the map. You can drag to reposition any vertex. You can also right click to delete a vertex. It is advised to draw the area in a clockwise direction clicking around the area in a clockwise fashion. Once you are satisfied with the position of the radius on the map, click the [Find Population] button just below the map. The population estimate is then displayed below the map. See the example below for the population estimate of Hawaii, USA.
Population of Hawaii
Visit Find Population on Map to try it yourself!