Free Map Tools iOS app V2.0 has been released and now includes a “How Far Can I Travel” tool for you to find out how far you can drive/walk in a set time.
A new version for the Free Map Tools iOS app has just been released.
In this guide we will show you can use the Map Tunnelling Tool to find out what point on the earth is directly below you.
Visit the Map Tunnelling Tool
Use the left hand map to find a position on the earth
The right hand map will then show where is directly below you, in other words the antipodal point.
In this example, we will show how to use multiple pages on Free Map Tools to estimate the population inside a ‘drive time’ radius. We will then find the estimated population within a 1 hour drive from Atlanta, Georgia.
- Make your drive time radius. E.g. http://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-can-i-travel.htm?address=Atlanta,%20Georgia&speed=60&time=1&accuracy=10&u=km&hw=false&m=false&mode=DRIVING
- Once processing has finished, choose Save Area from the User Menu found near the top right of the web page
- Give the new area a name
- Go to http://www.freemaptools.com/find-population.htm
- Choose User Menu > Load Area
- Click your new area name from the list to load it
- Click the Find Population button
Need to find a list of US Cities found inside a radius from a center point?
Using Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius you can do this quickly. We will show an example of all cities in a 50mile radius of Denver, Colorado.
- Step 1: Visit Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
- Step 2: Add the input parameters of 50 miles and the center point of “Denver, Colorado” in to the text boxes