Find Place With Radius
You select a type of place, a radius and address to centre your search. The map will then show where each place is and list the names below the map.
Find Place With Radius Map
This tool can be used to find a certain type of business, shop or store within a particular range of a central location.
- Select a type of place to search for
- Select a radius to search within ... 1km, 5km, 10km, 20km or 50km
- Select a centre point
- Click Search
- Once the search is complete, you can click on a marker of a result to find more deatils
The search radius has a limit of 50km. This cannot be increased.
- 29th July 2017: Version 1.9 - Additional preset radius values added
- 8th June 2017: Version 1.8 - Output now displays number of results. Added full screen icon. Added Geolocion icon
- 1st July 2016: Version 1.7 - You can now find the address of places found by clicking/tapping on the marker
- 18th July 2016: Version 1.6 - Bug Fix Download KML File
- 25th June 2016: Version 1.5 - Download KML File function added
- 30th March 2016: Version 1.4 - If you keep the loction textbox blank, it will try to determine you current location and use it
- 30th March 2016: Version 1.3 - New option to link to the result so you can share it with others
6th January 2016: Version 1.2 - Multiple types now supported
- 24th September 2015: Version 1.1 - New option to toggle between miles and KM
- 23rd April 2015: Version 1.0 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Good, but fiddle to operate on small smart phones....
On 9th March 2018
Hi Mike, sorry property numbers are not possible to obtain. An Establishment is something listed in Googles database of places and matches the relevant category.
By Free Map Tools on 12th February 2018
Is there any way to search for and get addresses for apartments and condominiums within the radius specified?
What qualifies as an Establishment? It seems to include a variety of business types.
By Mike at Best Cleaners in Orlan on 9th February 2018
Hi Jake, sorry this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 1st February 2018
Hi Is there a way to list all businesses, i.e. a type of all?
By Jake on 31st January 2018
Hi Ted, sorry, this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 29th January 2018
Hi - Is there a way to differentiate between supper clubs and restaurants - I see several sub shops listed on the restaurant search but no fine dining. Thanks
By Ted on 29th January 2018
Is there a way to just list a comprehensive listing and be able to export all of the small community entities (restaurants, churches, schools, etc) within a defined radius?
By MJS on 19th January 2018
Hi there. I'm looking for a comprehensive list of hospitals within a 50 mile radius of NYC. When I try, it only spits out 15 results, but I know there are probably over 200. Any suggestions? Thanks!
On 18th January 2018
Hi Steven, technically this sounds possible however this is a bit outside the scope/purpose of this page. We will take your comments on board to see if an new tool(page) can be developed.
By Free Map Tools on 14th January 2018
Hi - great resource of map tools... thanks very much. On the 'Find Places Within Radius' would it be possible to add an option where you could upload a custom list of places, say by post code, so you can search just within these? For example, a list of specific stores or venues.
By Steven Carson on 11th January 2018
Where there should be over a thousand takeaways, only 20 are showing.
By Maan on 2nd November 2017
Limit needs to be higher than 20 (for when searching in dense cities)- great tool otherwise
On 5th September 2017
Needs more than T also use numbers not letters
On 13th August 2017
Radius values for 1,2,3,4 & 5 km are now in place
By Free Map Tools on 28th July 2017
I need to map out individual mile radius information, i.e. how many schools within 1 mile, 2, 3 etc. Your map only allows me to search 1 and 5. This is less than helpful unfortunately for a good tool.
On 28th July 2017
I was having this same problem with google maps. But if I search in close proximity(1 mile) I get a hospital less than a mile away. But then if I expand to 20 miles, the nearby hospital goes away and it lists one over ten miles away as the nearest. Google preferential searches have ruined this feature. June 2017
On 15th June 2017
A Movie Theatre is a cinema. A Theatre is where you see a live production!
On 11th April 2017
There is [Movie Theatre]
By Free Map Tools on 14th March 2017
How about theatres?
By Sian on 14th March 2017
Showing the most recent 20 out of 82 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: