Use the Direction Projection tool to visualise a projected path on a map. You click / tap to define two points and allow the path to be projected across the map.
Direction Projection Map
How to use the Direction Projection Tool
- Click / Tap on the map to place the first marker
- Click / Tap on the map again to place the second marker
- A path will then be drawn between the points and also extended indefinitely beyond the 2 markers
- You can then either drag a marker to reposition it or click/tap again to make a new path
The Direction Projection tool could be used to work out a sight line or help in route finding. We are always keen to get your feedback in terms of how this tool helps you or enhancements that can be made to it.
Future Ideas and Features
- Add GPS based direction finding via GPS sensor data
- 9th June 2016 - Now displays the bearing of the projected line
- 25th April 2017 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Bearing output has now been added
By Free Map Tools on 9th June 2017
Hi John, the bearing of the projected line is currently not displayed. We will add this to the Future Ideas and Features list
By Free Map Tools on 6th June 2017
How do you get a bearing?!
By John White on 6th June 2017
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: