This planimeter tool can be used to measure the enclosed area of a defined polyline on a map.
Measure an Area
Read KML (Beta)
To use the area calculator tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the area of interest
- Click on the map to place a vertices for the polyline
- Click as many time as necessary to define the polyline
The area enclosed will them be output in square meters and square kilometers
You can click the [Delete Last Point] button if you make a mistake or click [Clear All] points to remove all points from the map and start again.
You can also reposition the markers after they have been placed on the map by dragging and dropping them.
To draw a new area click the [Start a New Area] button or press Alt+n
The area calculator tool allows you to find out the area that is enclosed inside a closed polyline overlaid on a map.
Future Uses and Ideas
- Allow the user to change the colour of the polylines and area shading (including transparent)
- Allow the area to be saved for later use
- Export to KML option
- 17th June 2015 - Markers now show their lat/lng when you hover over them
- 18th December 2014 - Total area is now calculated
- 23rd March 2014 - Added Hectares output
- 6th August 2013 - Issue with perimeter output fixed
- 21st February 2013 - Added square feet output
- 8th January 2012 - Upgraded to Google Maps API V3 and some new features
- 20th July 2010 - Added crosshairs and option to switch on/off crosshairs
- 17th June 2010 - Added upload KML option (beta)
- 2nd June 2010 - Moved the scale control to the top of map to stop conflict with Google Search bar
- 2nd February 2010 - Added perimeter output in meters and kilometers
- 25th March 2008 - Draggable markers, ability to click inside polygon and output in acres added
- 26th June 2007 - Basic area calculation added
- 24th June 2007 - Page created
Previous Comments For This Page
muchas gracias me sirvio de gran ayuda
By santiii on 5th December 2016
I love this website! So useful!
By dildo_shwaggins on 3rd December 2016
already cleared area
By Indaka on 3rd December 2016
Calculo área Expediente 4402
By Luis castro 4402 on 1st December 2016
By manju on 1st December 2016
Very useful. Excellent Site
On 29th November 2016
By surendra kumar on 29th November 2016
Muy buena herramienta, por favor publiquen otras novedades relevantes.
By Juan Chambi Chila on 28th November 2016
thanq very much it is very useful to me
By Miriyala Lakshminaryana VRO on 28th November 2016
yiyo, you can switch to full screen view then take a screenshot.
By Free Map Tools on 27th November 2016
como copio la imagen
By yiyo on 26th November 2016
MUY BUENA OPCION FACILITA Y AYUDA A SOLUCIONAR Y SALIR DE LAS DIFICULTADES QUE SE PRESENTAN EN EL CAMPO
By TOP,RUMBOS on 25th November 2016
MUCHAS GRACIAS POR EL APORTE DE ESTA HERRAMIENTA
By Berner on 25th November 2016
Really nice. Really works!!!
By Pedro Benitez on 22nd November 2016
MUY BUENA HERRAMIENTA!!!! GRACIAS
By SAID on 21st November 2016
good and usefull
On 20th November 2016
Thanks...!!! A very handy tool to find approx. area using KML file...!!!
By Pitt on 15th November 2016
LUIS DONALDO COLOSIO 1000 Y CARRATERA POZARICA SAN ANDRES COATZINTLA VER
By TERRENO COATZINTLA 44504.98MTS on 14th November 2016
Total Area Output appears once you create a second are by using the Start New Area button. So it could be displaying the total area of more than one area.
By Free Map Tools on 13th November 2016
cual es la dferencia entre Area Output y
Total Area Output. se supone que solo he introducido un poligono por o que solo deberia aparecer un mimo dato para estos, sin embargo son diferentes.
On 12th November 2016
Showing the most recent 20 out of 1118 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: