List of Map Tools
There now follows a list of all the tools available on Free Map Tools:
To see a list of tools specifc to a country, use one of the links below:
Cant see your country listed? Get in contact and make a suggestion.
General map tools that are relevant to all locations.
- Area Calculator Using Maps - Find an enclosed area using a polyline on a map
- Create and Plot Encoded Polyline on Map - Plot an encoded polyline on map and draw a polyline to produce an encoded polyline
- Direction Projection Tool - Use the Direction Projection tool to visualise a projected path on a map
- Draw Concentric Circles - Draw Concentric Circles on a map
- Elevation Finder - Find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth
- Find Cities and Towns Inside an Area - Find cities and towns within a user drawn area
- Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius - Find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location
- Find Line of Equidistance Between Two Points - See the path where the distance between two points is the same
- Find Place With Name - Search for a town, city or place with your name
- Find Places Within Radius - Search for places inside a radius of an address
- Find Population on Map - Define an area on a map then find out the estimated population inside
- Find Sunrise and Sunset Time at a Location - Find out the next sunrise and sunset time of any point on the earth.
- Golf Shot Distance Calculator - Record and measure the various strokes required to complete a hole of golf on a map
- Horizon Finder - Find where the visible horizon is from a point on earth using a map
- How Far Can I Travel - Find out how far you could travel by road in a set time
- How Far Does Santa Have To Travel - Find out how far it is between the North Pole and your house
- How Far Is It Between - Find the distance between two named points on the earth
- International Meeting Centre of Gravity Tool - Find the best place to hold a meeting for it's attendees by inputting various international addresse
- KML File Creator - The KML (Keyhole Markup Language) File Creator will allow you to produce KML files using a simple in
- Map Tunnelling Tool - Tunnel to the other side of the earth on a map
- Measure Distance From Central Point To Many - Find out the distance from one point to many other points
- Measure Distance on a Map - Take a measurement between two points on a map to find the distance
- Plot Airport Routes - Plot airline route networks or airport destination maps
- Radius Around a Point on a Map - Find where a radius of specified distance falls around a point on a map
- Range Finder Tool on a Map - Find out the end point location when you specify a start point, a bearing and a distance on a map
- Save Route on Map - Save a route on a map
- Time Zone Converter - Convert a time in one location to the time in another location
- Trip Calculator - Calculate the time and distance for a trip on a map
- Tunnel to the Other Side of the Google Earth - Find out what is on the other side of Google Earth
- View and Edit Photo GPS Data - Use a map to view and edit GPS data in a photo
USA (ZIP Code) Related
Tools that are specific to the USA and concern ZIP codes.
- Convert USA ZIP Code to Latitude / Longitude - Tool to convert a USA ZIP to latitude and longitude
- Distance Between USA ZIP Codes - Find the distance between USA ZIP Codes
- Find USA Cities Inside Radius - Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a and return all cities found inside
- Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
- Find ZIP Codes Inside a User Defined Area - Specify a custom area to search within return all the ZIP codes found inside that area.
- Find ZIP Codes Inside State County City - Find ZIP Codes Inside a State, County or City in USA
- Meeting Centre of Gravity for ZIP codes - Find the best place to hold a meeting for attendees by inputting their US ZIP code
UK And UK Postcode Related
Tools that are specific to the UK and UK Postcodes.
- Convert NGR to Postcode - Convert an OS National Grid Reference to a UK postcode
- Convert Postcode to National Grid Reference - Type in a postcode and the NGR will then be displayed
- Convert UK Postcode to Latitude / Longitude - Convert a UK postcode to a latitude longitude pair
- Distance Between Full UK Postcodes - Find the distance between 2 full postcodes in the UK and see the route on a map
- Distance Between OS Grid Coordinates - Find the distance between 2 OS grid coordinates in the UK and see the route on a map
- Download UK Postcode Outcode Boundaries - Download a KML file showing all UK Post code boundaries
- Download UK Postcodes with Latitude and Longitude - Download a list of UK out code postcodes with their latitude and longitude coordinates
- Find British National Grid Reference From Map - Tool to find the British national grid reference from a map
- Find Closest UK Postcode To Custom Postcode List - Upload a list of UK Postcodes and then determine which postcodes are closest
- Find London Underground Stations Inside Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all London Underground stations inside
- Find UK Hospitals Inside a Radius - Tool to find UK hospitals Inside a specified radius
- Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius
- Find UK Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area - Define an area and then search to return all outcode postcodes
- Meeting Centre of Gravity for Post Codes - Find the best place to hold a meeting by inputting postcodes
- Radius From UK Postcode - This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map.
- UK Postcode Map - Map of the UK where you can see the locations of all area level / out code postcodes
- Walking Distance Between UK Postcodes - Shows the walking distance between two postcodes
Tools that are specific to Australia
- Australian Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area - Australia where you can define an area and then search to return all postcodes inside
- Distance Between Australian Postcodes - Find the distance between two Australian postcodes
- Find Australian Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the post codes found inside that radius
- Find Australian Postcodes inside State and Suburb - List the Australian Postcodes found inside a selected State and Suburb
Tools that are specific to Austria
- Find Austrian Postcodes Inside a Radius - Find Austrian Postcodes inside a radius on a map
Tools that are specific to Canada
- Distance Between Canadian Postcodes - Find the distance between 2 postcodes in Canada
- Find Canadian Postcode Inside User Defined Area - Draw a custom area, perform a search to find the Candian post codes indsid
- Find Canadian Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius and return all the post codes found inside that radius
Tools that are specific to France
- Find French Postcodes Inside a Radius - Find French Postcodes Inside a Radius
- Find French Postcodes Inside User Defined Area - Draw a custom area and then perform a search and return all the French Postal inside
Tools that are specific to Germany
- Find German Postal Codes Inside a Radius - Draw a radius on map and return all German Postal Codes inside
- Find German Postcodes Inside Area - A map of Germany where you draw a custom area, then return all German Postal codes
Tools that are specific to India
- Find Indian Pincodes Inside Radius - Search for Indian pincodes inside radius you define
Tools that are specific to Belgium
- Find Belgium Postcodes Inside a Radius - Search for Belgium Postcodes found within a user defined radius search area
Tools that are specific to Brazil
- Find Brazil Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a radius and a location to search within and return all the Brazil Postal code inside
Tools that are specific to Mexico
- Find Mexico Postal Codes Inside a Radius - Find all Mexico postal codes inside a radius that you define
- Find Mexico Postal Codes Inside User Defined Area - Map of Mexico where you can draw a custom area and return all the Mexican Postal codes inside
Tools that are specific to the Netherlands
- Distance Between Netherlands Postcodes - Find the distance between Netherlands postcodes
- Find Netherlands Postcodes Inside a Radius - Map of Netherlands where you can specify a point and a radius and return all postcodes
- Netherlands Postcodes Inside User Defined Area - Draw a custom area and search for all the Netherlands Postal codes found inside.
New Zealand Related
Tools that are specific to New Zealand
- Find New Zealand Postcodes Inside a Radius - Find New Zealand Postcodes inside a radius on a map
- Find New Zealand Postcodes Inside Area - A map of New Zealand where you draw a custom area, then return all New Zealand Postal codes inside
Tools that are specific to Japan
- Find Japan Postcodes Inside a Radius - Map of Japan where you draw a radius and return all Japanese postal codes inside
- Find Japan Postcodes Inside User Defined Area - Map of Japan where you can draw a custom area and return all the Japanese Postal codes inside
South Africa Related
Tools that are specific to South Africa
- Find South Africa Postal Codes Inside a Radius - Specify a radius to search within South Africa and return all postal codes inside
- South Africa Postal Codes Inside User Defined Area - Draw a custom area on the map, then perform a search to return all South Africa Postal Codes inside
Tools that are specific to Switzerland
- Find Switzerland Postal Codes Inside a Radius - Find Switzerland Postal Codes within a radius search area
Reference and downloads.
If you have any suggestions for possible tools to use then get in contact.
Comments For This Page
Yo do this elevation idea. I want to know who would be wet if all the ice caps melted.
On 5th April 2021
David, please try : Find Australian Postcodes Inside a Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 13th July 2020
A while ago I used a tool from you that allowed me to put in an Australian town and it would show the distance to all other towns in a certain radius (eg 500km). Is this still available as it was really useful? Thanks
By David G Herboldt on 12th July 2020
Is it possible to upload a list of addresses and see the number of addresses that fit within a certain radius (e.g. 5 mile radius)?
By Paul on 25th June 2020
Hi, sorry this is not possible. As you say it only works the other way around on the Elevation Finder page.
By Free Map Tools on 17th June 2020
Is it possible to find locations with a certain altitude/elevation using your tools? I think currently it is possible to find only the altitude/elevation of a single place.
On 17th June 2020
Can i get a list of all brazils post codes from somewhere?
By JS on 4th December 2019
Do you have any tool to find zipcodes inside radius in Portugal? thank you
On 12th October 2019
Would be nice to be able to adjust sea level up to see flood planes and areas in danger from rising sea levels.
By Malcolm G on 18th June 2019
Looking for a usa map software program that can draw a radius. And then calculate the number of households within that radius drawn.
By DaveL on 20th April 2019
how do I find counties in a circle ive created
By Ron Fuller on 1st October 2018
In light of the recent natural disasters in the United States, I'm looking for a map that would indicate the nearest "safe" cities I should to evacuate to. Example: If I live in eastern Oklahoma, and an event happens in Oklahoma City, what are the nearest cities I should travel to to maintain a known distance of 300 (?) miles --as the crow flies [not road miles]. The inputs to the map are: Desired distance (ie. 300 miles), My Location (city/state), and Event Location (city/State). Possible alternate to city/state might be gps location for more accuracy.
On 25th September 2018
Michael, can you give a bit more detail please? We are up for suggestions but need a bit more info on this.
By Free Map Tools on 14th September 2018
Hi, Please add a map that you can upload a CSV Name, Lat, Long and be able to polygon export the data into a CSV file. Many use cases I can think of.
By Michael on 14th September 2018
Faline, sorry this is not possible to control.
By Free Map Tools on 11th September 2018
Can you change the roads you use using this tool. For instance this takes me on some roads that are under construction. Can I change the road that I want to take?
By Faline on 17th August 2018
I love your Map Tools and use them a lot! One new tool I would like to see would be a "reverse Center of Gravity Tool" for the USA, where the user can define a search area and enter a set of points, the the map tool calculates the point (or points) farthest away from any of the user-defined points. This would be handy for businesses or public safety agencies (such as fire departments) to determine where their customers are farthest away from a site/station/store to help determine where to build new locations.
By Chase on 15th August 2018
How.do i find business demographics on this web page?
By Matthew tusi on 6th August 2018
Frank, there should be a control on the top left of each map to change to satellite view.
By Free Map Tools on 17th May 2018
Can I get satellite views
By Frank on 17th May 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 77 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)