List of Map Tools
There now follows a list of all the tools available on Free Map Tools:
To see a list of tools specifc to a country, use one of the links below:
Cant see your country listed? Get in contact and make a suggestion.
General map tools that are relevant to all locations.
- Area Calculator Using Maps - Find an enclosed area using a polyline on a map
- Direction Projection Tool - Use the Direction Projection tool to visualise a projected path on a map
- Draw Concentric Circles - Draw Concentric Circles on a map
- Elevation Finder - Find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth
- Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius - Find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location
- Find Line of Equidistance Between Two Points - See the path where the distance between two points is the same
- Find Place With Name - Search for a town, city or place with your name
- Find Places Within Radius - Search for places inside a radius of an address
- Find Population on Map - Define an area on a map then find out the estimated population inside
- Find Sunrise and Sunset Time at a Location - Find out the next sunrise and sunset time of any point on the earth.
- Golf Shot Distance Calculator - Record and measure the various strokes required to complete a hole of golf on a map
- Horizon Finder - Find where the visible horizon is from a point on earth using a map
- How Far Can I Travel - Find out how far you could travel by road in a set time
- How Far Does Santa Have To Travel - Find out how far it is between the North Pole and your house
- How Far Is It Between - Find the distance between two named points on the earth
- International Meeting Centre of Gravity Tool - Find the best place to hold a meeting for it's attendees by inputting various international addresse
- KML File Creator - The KML (Keyhole Markup Language) File Creator will allow you to produce KML files using a simple in
- Map Tunnelling Tool - Tunnel to the other side of the earth on a map
- Measure Distance From Central Point To Many - Find out the distance from one point to many other points
- Measure Distance on a Map - Take a measurement between two points on a map to find the distance
- Plot Airport Routes - Plot airline route networks or airport destination maps
- Radius Around a Point on a Map - Find where a radius of specified distance falls around a point on a map
- Range Finder Tool on a Map - Find out the end point location when you specify a start point, a bearing and a distance on a map
- Save Route on Map - Save a route on a map
- Time Zone Converter - Convert a time in one location to the time in another location
- Trip Calculator - Calculate the time and distance for a trip on a map
- Tunnel to the Other Side of the Google Earth - Find out what is on the other side of Google Earth
- View and Edit Photo GPS Data - Use a map to view and edit GPS data in a photo
USA (ZIP Code) Related
Tools that are specific to the USA and concern ZIP codes.
- Convert USA ZIP Code to Latitude / Longitude - Tool to convert a USA ZIP to latitude and longitude
- Distance Between USA ZIP Codes - Find the distance between USA ZIP Codes
- Find USA Cities Inside Radius - Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a and return all cities found inside
- Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
- Find ZIP Codes Inside a User Defined Area - Specify a custom area to search within return all the ZIP codes found inside that area.
- Find ZIP Codes Inside State County City - Find ZIP Codes Inside a State, County or City in USA
- Meeting Centre of Gravity for ZIP codes - Find the best place to hold a meeting for attendees by inputting their US ZIP code
UK And UK Postcode Related
Tools that are specific to the UK and UK Postcodes.
- Convert NGR to Postcode - Convert an OS National Grid Reference to a UK postcode
- Convert Postcode to National Grid Reference - Type in a postcode and the NGR will then be displayed
- Convert UK Postcode to Latitude / Longitude - Convert a UK postcode to a latitude longitude pair
- Distance Between Full UK Postcodes - Find the distance between 2 full postcodes in the UK and see the route on a map
- Distance Between OS Grid Coordinates - Find the distance between 2 OS grid coordinates in the UK and see the route on a map
- Download UK Postcode Outcode Boundaries - Download a KML file showing all UK Post code boundaries
- Download UK Postcodes with Latitude and Longitude - Download a list of UK out code postcodes with their latitude and longitude coordinates
- Find British National Grid Reference From Map - Tool to find the British national grid reference from a map
- Find Closest UK Postcode To Custom Postcode List - Upload a list of UK Postcodes and then determine which postcodes are closest
- Find London Underground Stations Inside Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all London Underground stations inside
- Find UK Hospitals Inside a Radius - Tool to find UK hospitals Inside a specified radius
- Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius
- Find UK Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area - Define an area and then search to return all outcode postcodes
- Meeting Centre of Gravity for Post Codes - Find the best place to hold a meeting by inputting postcodes
- Radius From UK Postcode - This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map.
- UK Postcode Map - Map of the UK where you can see the locations of all area level / out code postcodes
- Walking Distance Between UK Postcodes - Shows the walking distance between two postcodes
Tools that are specific to Australia
- Australian Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area - Australia where you can define an area and then search to return all postcodes inside
- Distance Between Australian Postcodes - Find the distance between two Australian postcodes
- Find Australian Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the post codes found inside that radius
- Find Australian Postcodes inside State and Suburb - List the Australian Postcodes found inside a selected State and Suburb
Tools that are specific to Austria
- Find Austrian Postcodes Inside a Radius - Find Austrian Postcodes inside a radius on a map
Tools that are specific to Canada
- Distance Between Canadian Postcodes - Find the distance between 2 postcodes in Canada
- Find Canadian Postcode Inside User Defined Area - Draw a custom area, perform a search to find the Candian post codes indsid
- Find Canadian Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a point and a radius and return all the post codes found inside that radius
Tools that are specific to France
- Find French Postcodes Inside a Radius - Find French Postcodes Inside a Radius
- Find French Postcodes Inside User Defined Area - Draw a custom area and then perform a search and return all the French Postal inside
Tools that are specific to Germany
- Find German Postal Codes Inside a Radius - Draw a radius on map and return all German Postal Codes inside
- Find German Postcodes Inside Area - A map of Germany where you draw a custom area, then return all German Postal codes
Tools that are specific to India
- Find Indian Pincodes Inside Radius - Search for Indian pincodes inside radius you define
Tools that are specific to Belgium
- Find Belgium Postcodes Inside a Radius - Search for Belgium Postcodes found within a user defined radius search area
Tools that are specific to Brazil
- Find Brazil Postcodes Inside a Radius - Specify a radius and a location to search within and return all the Brazil Postal code inside
Tools that are specific to Mexico
- Find Mexico Postal Codes Inside a Radius - Find all Mexico postal codes inside a radius that you define
Tools that are specific to the Netherlands
- Find Netherlands Postcodes Inside a Radius - Map of Netherlands where you can specify a point and a radius and return all postcodes
- Netherlands Postcodes Inside User Defined Area - Draw a custom area and search for all the Netherlands Postal codes found inside.
New Zealand Related
Tools that are specific to the New Zealand
- Find New Zealand Postcodes Inside a Radius - Find New Zealand Postcodes inside a radius on a map
- Find New Zealand Postcodes Inside Area - A map of New Zealand where you draw a custom area, then return all New Zealand Postal codes inside
Tools that are specific to Japan
- Find Japan Postcodes Inside a Radius - Map of Japan where you draw a radius and return all Japanese postal codes inside
- Find Japan Postcodes Inside User Defined Area - Map of Japan where you can draw a custom area and return all the Japanese Postal codes inside
South Africa Related
Tools that are specific to South Africa
- Find South Africa Postal Codes Inside a Radius - Specify a radius to search within South Africa and return all postal codes inside
- South Africa Postal Codes Inside User Defined Area - Draw a custom area on the map, then perform a search to return all South Africa Postal Codes inside
Reference and downloads.
If you have any suggestions for possible tools to use then get in contact.
Comments For This Page
How to convert kml to shp
By Rasika on 14th March 2018
My company is offering a 3 mile radius protection, where will will not distribute our software to each of our locations. How can i go about tracking that?
By GR co on 4th January 2018
Martin, batch tools like this are usually not feasible due to heavy usage on what is a free platform.
By Free Map Tools on 5th December 2017
Is it possible to create a radius around a location based on a list of postcodes, basically a reverse of the post codes within a radius
By Martin on 4th December 2017
Hi Andrew. Sorry ... we don't support Geohash
By Free Map Tools on 7th November 2017
do you have the ability to convert lat/long into geohash? or find the geohash by a pin drop on the map?
By Andrew P on 7th November 2017
Andrew P, please get in contact directly to discuss.
By Free Map Tools on 18th May 2017
Often times I"m given a list of zips but would love to be able to visualize it on a map. can this be done?
By Andrew P on 18th May 2017
Hi Frank, you are correct with this limitation. The Horizon Finder does factor in the elevation at the base point but assumes zero elevation at the horizon. We know of no such tool on Free Map Tools or elsewhere. The data to derive this (worldwide elevation samples) is available, however the processing needed per search would be large. So it's hard to imagine an instant result and in this case it doesn't lend itself to a web based tool.
By Free Map Tools on 12th May 2017
Hi, I am looking for a tool displaying the visible horizon line on a map for any given point. The existing horizon tool cannot do this as no geological information is taken into account. Background: When hiking on a mountain I would like to see on the map where the horizon line is. Maybe you know of such a tool ?
By Frank on 8th May 2017
Tin, not an easy question to answer, but if you select one of the tools on this page and go from there.
By Free Map Tools on 2nd May 2017
How do you use this
By Tin on 2nd May 2017
Many thanks from Frankfurt, you're genius !
By PA on 26th April 2017
PA, please check out Find German Postcodes Inside Area.
By Free Map Tools on 24th April 2017
PA, your request is noted and is on our to-do list. Watch this space...
By Free Map Tools on 20th April 2017
Many thanks for this amazing work ! Could you please add a "Find Germany Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area" ? This would be wonderful ;-)
By PA on 20th April 2017
Hi, I understand what you mean however this sounds quite complicated to do. We will take your suggestion on board but I don't think we can make a tool to do this any time soon.
By Free Map Tools on 7th April 2017
Hi thank you for this great tool! I use it to fin a population on the map. Would it be possible to develop a reverse search for this? Kind of defining a population and have the map showing which areas the population amount can be found. Cheers
On 7th April 2017
Hi, it is the elevation above mean sea level
By Free Map Tools on 30th March 2017
Used the elevation tool for lat/long inputs for dozens of locations, a life saver. Would have appreciated an explanation of what the elevation represents (perhaps I just haven't found it) cos there are all these issues over sea levels etc...
On 30th March 2017
Showing the most recent 20 out of 57 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: