Find ZIP Codes Inside a User Defined Area
Map of the USA where you can specify a custom area to search within to return all the ZIP codes found inside that area.
User Defined Search Map
US County Borders?
Show ZIP Boundaries for ZIPs in area?
Show Zip Code Labels? Auto-zoom after each point added?
Upload KML File
List of ZIP Codes found...
States To Include :
Click on the map to start drawing an area. Once you have defined the area in which you wish to search, click the [Search For Zip Codes] button. After a small delay, the results will appear inside the area. If you hover over or tap a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes, states and cities in the text boxes below the map in the CSV Output section.
You can filter states in/out of the result set using the State Filter control. You can also edit and adjust the area afterwards to refine your search area
- None Currently
- 15th April 2021 : Version 4.3 - New Option to Upload a KML file (single polygon only)
- 20th May 2019 : Version 4.2 - New setting added > Auto-zoom after each point added?
- 10th May 2019 : Version 4.1 - Fixed bug loading US County Borders. Fixed bug with Show Zip Code Labels. Fixed issue loading saved area from user menu
- 8th May 2019 : Version 4.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 28th March 2017 : Version 3.1 - Small update, no longer re-searches automatically after a right click delete
- 1st March 2017 : Version 3.0 - Introduced option to filter by state. Search now happens live as you move and edit the search area
- 23rd August 2016 : Version 2.4 - Added labels to the markers to show the ZIP code on the map
- 18th August 2016 : Version 2.3 - Only ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map
- 21st July 2016 : Version 2.2 - New option to toggle markers on and off. Changes to overlay transparency
- 11th April 2015 : Version 2.1 - Now outputs county and timezone
- 31st May 2014 : Version 2 - Minor updates to code
- 5th April 2014 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
This is sincerely one of the most helpful tools I've found for looking up zip codes. Glad to donate.
On 12th April 2021
Thank you brother, awsome tool
By Umair Khattak on 4th April 2021
wonderful tool, thanks so much!
By jsf on 25th January 2021
This answers SO many questions I have and is such a great tool! Thank you for creating this.
By Ariana on 14th January 2021
This is a fantastic tool. Just found it. Exactly what I needed to target ad locations. Thank you so much. iMac using Chrome.
By Jack Andrews on 24th November 2020
Willing to cover southern Alabama and the Panhandle of Florida.
By Justin Carroll on 22nd November 2020
We have now added a search icon on the map to allow you to jump to a ZIP or location.
By Free Map Tools on 27th August 2020
Great tool - appreciate the effort. Any roadmap plans to define a 'starting' ZIP code or location to narrow/zoom the map, then the user can draw a perimeter from that point?
On 21st August 2020
Bravo! thanks for this tool!
On 20th August 2020
TG, sorry, this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 26th July 2020
Hello, is there a way to search multiple counties and be "taken" to them on the map while being provided data about them such as zip codes? Thanks!
By TG on 24th July 2020
You can use the User Menu (top right) > Save Area option. Then on a future visit User Menu > Load Area to recall the saved area.
By Free Map Tools on 14th July 2020
Am I able to save my map to revisit later?
On 14th July 2020
Thanks for the feedback
By Free Map Tools on 29th April 2020
Thanks so much this is an amazing tool!
Helped me determine zip codes for our businesses delivery region
By Aaron M. on 29th April 2020
By Luke on 11th October 2019
so much more difficult to see/identify cities - please revert to the old UI
By anon on 17th June 2019
Love this! Thank you very much for this free service. Would it be possible to go back to the old map though? This one is a lot more difficult to see and identify cities/towns. Thanks again!
By IC on 7th June 2019
Really love this tool. It's the only one that I've found anywhere that lets you generate zip codes from a map, rather than the other way round. It would be insanely useful if you could upload a kml file to import an existing map :)
By Nicky on 24th May 2019
Thank you for adding [Auto-zoom after each point added?] !
By Sean on 23rd May 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 163 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)