Find ZIP Codes Inside a User Defined Area
Map of the USA where you can specify a custom area to search within to return all the ZIP codes found inside that area.
User Defined Search Map
US County Borders?
Show ZIP Boundaries for ZIPs in area?
Show Zip Code Labels? Auto-zoom after each point added?
Upload KML File
List of ZIP Codes found...
States To Include :
Click on the map to start drawing an area. Once you have defined the area in which you wish to search, click the [Search For Zip Codes] button. After a small delay, the results will appear inside the area. If you hover over or tap a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes, states and cities in the text boxes below the map in the CSV Output section.
You can filter states in/out of the result set using the State Filter control. You can also edit and adjust the area afterwards to refine your search area
- None Currently
- 15th April 2021 : Version 4.3 - New Option to Upload a KML file (single polygon only)
- 20th May 2019 : Version 4.2 - New setting added > Auto-zoom after each point added?
- 10th May 2019 : Version 4.1 - Fixed bug loading US County Borders. Fixed bug with Show Zip Code Labels. Fixed issue loading saved area from user menu
- 8th May 2019 : Version 4.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 28th March 2017 : Version 3.1 - Small update, no longer re-searches automatically after a right click delete
- 1st March 2017 : Version 3.0 - Introduced option to filter by state. Search now happens live as you move and edit the search area
- 23rd August 2016 : Version 2.4 - Added labels to the markers to show the ZIP code on the map
- 18th August 2016 : Version 2.3 - Only ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map
- 21st July 2016 : Version 2.2 - New option to toggle markers on and off. Changes to overlay transparency
- 11th April 2015 : Version 2.1 - Now outputs county and timezone
- 31st May 2014 : Version 2 - Minor updates to code
- 5th April 2014 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Fantastic Program, saved me tons of work!
By Deceptionist on 28th November 2023
Looks like the user defined area is not allowing to select any points
On 22nd September 2023
I have tried a couple of KML files. they are pretty large for a KML (15kb smallest) but out of the one I have tried, none of them will load the zip code list. When I click to load the Zip Codes, the button just stays on "Please Wait"
By David R. on 8th August 2023
David, things are working the same as they did a few months ago. Can you try it again? try a different KML file as a reference test?
By Free Map Tools on 8th August 2023
I am not able to load in my KML file and receive a list of the zip codes from the polygon. When I tried a couple months ago it worked, but now nothing loads in after I click "Search for Zip Codes".
By David R. on 7th August 2023
It would be great if there is a way to download the list and map afterwards!
On 28th July 2023
I highly recommend this page. Very accurate. A life saver!
By Jeff E. on 12th June 2023
Did exactly what I needed and saved me so much time. Thanks!
By Andrew on 8th June 2023
These are the areas we will travel too with NO adder
On 31st May 2023
Bad don't use
On 21st May 2023
MO, see attached zip codes for New York
By Joe Weigand on 18th May 2023
We are working on this area
By Nigel Williamson on 17th April 2023
Been on please wait for 5-10 minutes
On 16th March 2023
It's not working!
On 9th February 2023
I wish there were a map that showed all zip code boundaries, from which a user could zoom in and click on individual zip codes areas on the map to highlight them and "output" a list of those selected zip codes.
By Howard on 21st November 2022
Its Taking time
By john on 25th August 2022
When I upload a KML it says "please wait" for a really long time and has yet to load. Is there something else I should be doing?
On 28th July 2022
This tool has made a molehill out of a mountain of a project I'm working on. Thanks for creating something so damn useful and user friendly.
By Steven on 15th June 2022
This is my first time using the tool but it seems to be okay.
On 29th March 2022
Chester, it's not possible to export the modified KML. The only suggestion is to to export the data as XML Using the User Menu > Export Data and parse the XML file.
By Free Map Tools on 21st March 2022
Showing the most recent 20 out of 189 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)