Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I buy you a virtual beer or coffee?
- Can I print a map?
- How do I use a map?
- How do I Contact Free Map Tools?
- Can a tool be used to do XYZ instead?
- A Tool isn't Working for me
- Can I implement this on my website?
Q: Thanks for providing this service, can I buy you a virtual beer or coffee?
A: Many thanks for the offer but we will decline any payment. We would however be very grateful if you could do one or more of the following:
- Whitelist freemaptools.com on any ad blocking software you have
- Add a link to Free Map Tool from your website/blog
- Tell fellow colleagues or industry professionals about Free Map Tools
- Download the Free Map Tools iOS iPhone / iPad app
- Tweet about Free Map Tools
- Like Free Map Tools on Facebook
- Follow @FreeMapTools on Twitter
As the website is rendered in many different browsers, it is hard to have full control over this, however the general procedure is to switch to full screen view, print from the browser and adjust the scaling to get the best fit. Switching to landscape orientation is also helpful.
This moves the map up and down and from side to side. Much like sliding a page around on a desk in front of you. Click and hold the map using your left mouse button and then move your mouse to move the map OR use the pan buttons :
Simply click on one of the arrows to map the map along in that direction by one notch.
Use the slider along the left hand side to zoom the map in or out :
This will make an area larger so that you can see more detail.
Use the Map Type Buttons to change the type of map displayed :
The 3 buttons show the following views:
- Map - A simple view that shows land, water, borders, cities and roads
- Satellite - A real life image of the area in question captured from a satellite. Some areas of the earth have a higher resolution than others such as large cities or tourist attractions.
- Hybrid - A combination or Map and Satellite views
If you wish a tool do something similar but slightly different or in a different way please contact Free Map Tools using the online contact form. We do respond to most queries even if the answer is no!
How do I Contact Free Map Tools?
The best way to contact Free Map Tools is to use the online form. Remember to include your email address if you require a response. All efforts are made to respond to all enquires as soon as possible.
Please try some of these steps to help resolve any issues:
- Close your web browser, reopen it and try to load the page again
- Clear the cache file of your web browser and reload the page
- Can you try to load the page form an alternative web browser?
- Can you try to load the page from an alternative device or computer?
If after general troubleshooting something on this website still doesn’t work we do want to hear from you. Please contact Free Map Tools via email. Remember to include your email address if you require a response. Please provide details of..
- The page you are on (the URL address)
- The error/problem you are experiencing
- What you have done to make this happen
- What web browser are you using Internet Explorer / Firefox / Opera / Safari...
- What OS do you have? Windows / Mac / iOS / Android
- A screen shot of the problem if possible
All efforts are made to respond to all enquires as soon as possible, but please remember that Free Map Tools guarantees nothing is terms of support, only our good will to help users out.
Please get in contact to discuss.
Free Map Tools does not encourage or support any functionality provided being implemented on other websites. There will be no free support given and no guarantee that any results will be accurate. If you wish to discuss custom / paid for solutions, please contact us.
Comments For This Page
LEH, which page are you looking at? Is this the country labels on a map?
By Free Map Tools on 10th February 2019
great tool. I was trying to see the countries labeled in English. Available? or did I just miss
By LEH on 10th February 2019
Hi Dave, which page/tool do you need this on?
By Free Map Tools on 1st December 2018
I would like to use a VERY small point marker. Is this possible?
By Dave Skye on 22nd November 2018
I no longer see an option to output distance in MILES versu Kilometers. I have to convert all of the data
By Christine Bjorklund on 19th October 2018
elevation levels not available.can you please show us how to mark levels on the map
By vaishnavi on 12th September 2018
For the population map, where did you pull the statistics from, and what year are they based off of? Thanks! :-)
By Emily on 25th May 2018
Some Guy, it only uses the speed input so not too advanced.
By Free Map Tools on 18th January 2018
Does this app plot routes using the speed limits available in the database or does it just use the speed that you input?
This could be useful, especially when some routes have 70mph highways and others 35mph county roads.
By Some Guy on 18th January 2018
Christina, please have a look at Find Places Within Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 12th December 2017
How can I use this tool to find all locations of a certain type of thing - for instance, I want to find all hotels within the radius I select? I didn't see any options to search everything within the radius I created even though it was very simple to create the radius which I definitely can appreciate!
By Christina on 7th December 2017
The elevation is from mean sea level.
By Free Map Tools on 8th October 2017
What is the elevation datum?
By John on 5th October 2017
Fabulous resource that I use often.
By Jim Mamay on 19th July 2017
Lee, which page are you referring to and can you describe the blue overlay so I can be sure what you are talking about?
By Free Map Tools on 19th June 2017
Want to print results but the blue overlay is in the way, how do I get red of it?
By Lee on 19th June 2017
free map tools is great to measure the distance between locations, but what routes were taken to arrive at this distance.
By walter on 5th May 2017
I find it useful but I think you need to display the 'assumptions' like data source, technique used in estimation and projection, data good as of date, etc.
By Bryan on 27th March 2017
Cool tool. Sorry you're not up for sharing it. Would love to embed/access via API. Don't have the budget.
On 9th March 2017
Sam, please get in Contact to discuss.
By Free Map Tools on 27th February 2017
Showing the most recent 20 out of 92 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: