Find Closest UK Postcode To Custom Postcode List
Use this tool to upload a list of UK Postcodes and then determine which postcode(s) on the list are closest to various other Postcodes.
Closest UK Postcode To Custom Postcode List Map
Copy and paste a list of postcodes in to the text box below, one per line. There is a limit of 100 postcodes, anymore will be ignored.
How to use the Closest UK Postcode To Custom Postcode List Tool
- Take a list of postcodes and paste them in to the text box below the map
- Click [Upload Postcode List]
- These postcodes are then processed and plotted on the map
- Once this processing is complete, input a UK postcode to check against and click [Search]
- The nearest postcode on the custom list is then returned along with the distance between it and the search postcode
- Repeat this search as many times as required
- Click [Full Screen] to see a full screen view of the map of the UK
- Click [Clear Map] to start again
- Click [Zoom to Fit] to zoom to all postcodes found
This tool is intended to be used for finding out the closest postcode in terms of distance from a set list of postcodes. Initially you upload a list of postcodes and then you are able to perform multiple searches against any other postcode. This will assist with a wide range of applications such as finding the nearest store, engineer or depot from a customer in the UK.
Future Ideas and Features
None at present but please feel free to make suggestions
- 5th April 2016 V1.0 - Initial version
- 8th April 2016 V1.1 - Minor updates. Add more text and instructions
Comments For This Page
Hi, I'm not sure I understand. So you wish to run multiple searches at the final step instead of one at a time?
By Free Map Tools on 20th April 2017
Is there anyway of Feeding In Multiple Postcodes to Already Plotted List? - this tool is bloody amazing
On 18th April 2017
This let me allocate potential customers to the closest rep. Many Thanks!
By Jane on 9th January 2017
Excellent function to be able to identify which volunteer driver lives closest to the passenger that needs picking up. Thank-you.
By Mark Bailey on 8th April 2016
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: