Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the post code input.
Radius From UK Post Code Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 20th January 2016 - Added option to Show Postcode Area Boundaries
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Previous Comments For This Page
Hi Paul, unfortunately this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 22/01/2016
Is there a way to restrict the population values returned to one country. For example, if I am searching for a population within 100 miles of a UK postcode I only want to see UK population
By Paul on 22/01/2016
Hi Susan, sorry this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 22/01/2016
Is it possible to transfer this to my website?
Would be helpful if the Postcode areas (ie. BH23, BH6 etc.) areas within the radius were names
Hannah, this has now been added.
By Free Map Tools on 20/01/2016
Be good to be able to show UK postcode boundaries (BA, BS, SW) etc)
By Hannah on 20/01/2016
By BKW on 18/01/2016
Hi, you can print the radius if you use the full screen option and print from your browser print function. You may need to adjust the print settings to get it to fit on one page. Landscape orientation is usually best.
By Free Map Tools on 07/01/2016
Would love be able to print this?
would love to know how I could integrate this into a site with multiple postcodes & distances.
please email if you would be able to help. thanks
By Chris on 23/11/2015
Just what I needed! Thank you.
By Debbie H on 17/11/2015
It is not possible to use more than 9999 miles
By Free Map Tools on 10/11/2015
Please can we go further than 9999 miles?
Hi, can you give a bit more detail about your comments such as what you expected, tried and the results you got.
By Free Map Tools on 20/10/2015
This site doesn't appear to deliver the goods
Would be great if it the plot button worked
This. Is. AMAZING!!!! Thank you :)
An option to save or download would be good?
By Kelly Knight on 14/10/2015
Showing the most recent 20 out of 374 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: