Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the postcode input.
Radius From UK Postcode Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
- Allow a radius to be saved for loading in future
- Allow a radius to be saved for loading in future (with label)
- Allow a radius label to be edited
- Allow a single radius to be removed
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 28th November 2020 - Bug fix : Issue with KML export of multiple radius
- 5th October 2018 - UI Updates. Fixed bug with colours, thickness and transparency not taking effect
- 16th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 28th March 2017 - Bug Fix : Invalid, expired or partial postcodes were not found. There is now a catch-all method to find these postcodes
- 20th January 2016 - Added option to Show Postcode Area Boundaries
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Comments For This Page
Great website. Keep doing what you are doing.
By TuffStuff Workwear on 10th October 2023
Can you give an example?
By Free Map Tools on 30th August 2023
It doesn%u2019t seem to recognize some post codes
On 29th August 2023
Hi Alex, this page lets you input lat,lng as the centre : Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 21st August 2023
Great tool. Suggested enhancements:
allow entry of LAT,LON coordinates for the centre;
Option to download list of postcodes contained within the radius.
By Alex on 21st August 2023
Download map as a high res image
On 13th July 2023
A Share link so you can show others.
By Kirstquad on 10th July 2023
Dan, have a look at : Download UK Postcodes.
By Free Map Tools on 11th April 2023
I think it%u2019s good that we can choose how far we would like to go out to get to jobs
By Lettice on 10th April 2023
How do I download Postcodes? I remember this had the option to download them as a CSV file
By Dan on 9th April 2023
Excellent, thank you.
On 22nd March 2023
A travelling time radius would be extremely useful for planning trips, searching for houses etc. Obviously much more difficult to implement.
By A Jeffries on 4th February 2023
Great Tool. Just wish it was possible to draw the radius based on co-ordinates, rather than just postcode. Would be great to also specify the radius in meters.
By Alex on 13th January 2023
Patrick Please have a look at Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 11th November 2022
Can you have a list of postcodes within a certain radius?
By Patrick on 11th November 2022
Is it possible for the map to give Romanised place names? I%u2019m using the radius tool for places in Russia, but can%u2019t understand the Cyrillic place manes.
By David on 9th June 2022
This is so great and just what I was looking for. Due to increasing cost to put fuel in car, I am looking to limit distance driven by exploring every inch of surroundings close to where I live, up to a 20 mile radius. I%u2019ve started with a 1 mile radius, then plotted 5, 10, 15 and 20. Time to get the dog leads and start exploring. Adventure is out there!
By Sarah on 1st June 2022
All very interesting
By RB Woodall on 23rd May 2022
Would be really good after creating the radius's to then turn them into doughnuts, these rings could then be put in to the find postcodes inside user defined area tool, would ideal for working out delivery areas etc... as a circle isn't much good when your want to graduate outwards.
By Dan on 30th January 2022
is there a way i can use a 3 mil redius and get all the street names in it aswell. into one screenshot
On 20th January 2022
Showing the most recent 20 out of 553 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)