Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the post code input.
Radius From UK Post Code Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 28th Macrh 2017 - Bug Fix : Invalid, expired or partial postcodes were not found. There is now a catch-all method to find these postcodes
- 20th January 2016 - Added option to Show Postcode Area Boundaries
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Comments For This Page
Great idea very useful
On 26th June 2018
Hugh, please have a look at How Far Can I Travel.
By Free Map Tools on 23rd May 2018
is it possible to add distances via roads not as the crow flys. example if trying to plot a map showing driving distances NOT distance as the crow flies?
trying to plot a map which has driver distances for costs and radios doesn't do that accurately enough.
By Hugh on 22nd May 2018
On 9th May 2018
Paulat, use the print option in your browser.
By Free Map Tools on 27th April 2018
How do I print the map ?
By Paulat on 27th April 2018
On 10th April 2018
Excellent for job search areas
On 10th April 2018
Hi Tom, try : Find Canadian Postcodes Inside a Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 9th April 2018
do we have the option for canada ?
Doesn't seem to operate for canada..
By Tom on 9th April 2018
I'm looking for a radius distance around my current city of dwelling for the purposes of an application for a house exchange, thanks for your support.
By Mr P Brown on 1st April 2018
Hi, can you confirm what you search is? centre postcode and radius?
By Free Map Tools on 5th March 2018
nothing is happening when I plot
On 5th March 2018
Hi, can you say which radius was used? Why does an overlap mean It's not accurate?
By Free Map Tools on 10th February 2018
It's not accurate. I plotted a point in Northampton and again with a point in Cornwall using the same distance, and they considerably overlapped.
On 10th February 2018
Nice, love it!
On 29th October 2017
On 18th October 2017
On 13th October 2017
Can I upload multiple postcodes in 1 go?
On 18th July 2017
Hi Ash, just to confirm - you want to be able to also plot point postcodes? Perhaps as a marker on the map?
By Free Map Tools on 14th July 2017
Showing the most recent 20 out of 460 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: