Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the post code input.
Radius From UK Post Code Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 5th October 2018 - UI Updates. Fixed bug with colours, thickness and transparency not taking effect
- 16th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 28th March 2017 - Bug Fix : Invalid, expired or partial postcodes were not found. There is now a catch-all method to find these postcodes
- 20th January 2016 - Added option to Show Postcode Area Boundaries
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Comments For This Page
would be great if you could create a driving time radius around a post code (approx.)
On 12th March 2019
Currently there is no planned date for it
By Free Map Tools on 3rd January 2019
I am just wondering when the planned date is for being to bulk upload postcodes as I have got a couple of things I would like to use it on. :)
On 2nd January 2019
Took forever to open page
On 12th December 2018
Hi, when you say you cant plot ... what doesn't appear or doesn't work when you expect it to? What steps do you take?
By Free Map Tools on 8th December 2018
Has something happened.... I can't seem to plot any radius anymore?
On 7th December 2018
Can I print the map, when I try it just gives me a blank circle
By Chris on 29th October 2018
Hi, not sure what you mean? It does allow you to plot 1,2,3 ... postcodes and keep them all visible. Do you mean something else?
By Free Map Tools on 9th October 2018
ability to overlay plots from additional post codes would be very useful
On 7th October 2018
Hi Liz, it should work now...
By Free Map Tools on 5th October 2018
Hi - I am trying to print a map using your radius from a UK post code with a transparent fill and a red line but, it keeps giving me a blue fill with a red line. what am I doing wrong?
By Liz on 25th September 2018
Works perfectly fine, don%u2019t know what the complaints are about
By Kim JooByeon on 20th September 2018
By P on 15th September 2018
By Free Map Tools on 14th September 2018
rubbish, I entered all the information but asked for when I pressed 'plot' - NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!!
It didn't even try to load another (possibly error) page!
By ANON FROM ST NEOTS on 8th September 2018
On 2nd September 2018
Bad I can't see it properly (though there isn't phone's where I am right now )
By Princess Diana on 2nd August 2018
Wish it was more accurate as could be quite useful
By Gary on 20th July 2018
Great idea very useful
On 26th June 2018
Hugh, please have a look at How Far Can I Travel.
By Free Map Tools on 23rd May 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 478 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: