Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the postcode input.
Radius From UK Postcode Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
- Allow a radius to be saved for loading in future
- Allow a radius to be saved for loading in future (with label)
- Allow a radius label to be edited
- Allow a single radius to be removed
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 28th November 2020 - Bug fix : Issue with KML export of multiple radius
- 5th October 2018 - UI Updates. Fixed bug with colours, thickness and transparency not taking effect
- 16th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 28th March 2017 - Bug Fix : Invalid, expired or partial postcodes were not found. There is now a catch-all method to find these postcodes
- 20th January 2016 - Added option to Show Postcode Area Boundaries
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Comments For This Page
Scale has been added.
By Free Map Tools on 7th June 2021
Have a scale on the map?
On 7th June 2021
Doesn%u2019t really work. A bit pointless.
On 31st May 2021
You have identified a structure (located down stream of the A428 St Neots by-pass bridge)as 'Eynesbury Weir'.
In fact it is called 'Eaton Socon Sluice', and on its eastern edge, is Eaton Socon island.
On 31st May 2021
How can I print a full screen picture of the map with my 3 different radius marks
By Rosie on 7th April 2021
By Adam McLean on 19th March 2021
Mel, this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 19th March 2021
can i pull street names from a radius area?
By Mel on 19th March 2021
Simon B, unfortunately the answer to all 4 is ... not possible. However, we will add some of these to the Future Ideas list.
By Free Map Tools on 12th February 2021
Great tool thank you.
- How can I save the maps for future use
- I'd like to be able to move or remove 1 radius at a time
- I want to also see population reach
- I would pay to be able to create and share mpas with postcode labels
By Simon B on 11th February 2021
Wanting for covid 5 mile radius
By Vicky on 5th February 2021
for the people who its recognising the postcode just type in a space
ex. SW1A 2AA
it makes a difference trust me
By qwertyuiop on 5th February 2021
Is there a way to pull the location data? Say I input a postcode and then want to pull all the areas, suburbs, streets etc in the radius? Is that possible?
On 1st February 2021
very useful thanks
On 29th January 2021
Which postcode(s) did you input?
By Free Map Tools on 22nd January 2021
not good didnt recognise my home postcodes so used local hospital and didnt recognise that either
On 22nd January 2021
Thanks a lot. Very helpful.
By Taylor on 13th January 2021
Can we download an image of the map with circles showing and labels?
Can one show labels for each circle marker?
By Jason on 12th December 2020
The county borders need correcting- Aberystwyth and Shrewsbury aren't in the same county (nor country!); Shrewsbury, Newport and Bridgenorth should all be in Shropshire; Burton on Trent, Stafford, Lichfield and Kinver should all be in Staffordshire etc. County divisions do not follow post code regions.
On 9th December 2020
Nik, thanks for reporting. This issue was reproduced and then fixed.
By Free Map Tools on 28th November 2020
Showing the most recent 20 out of 529 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)