Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the postcode input.
Radius From UK Postcode Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 5th October 2018 - UI Updates. Fixed bug with colours, thickness and transparency not taking effect
- 16th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 28th March 2017 - Bug Fix : Invalid, expired or partial postcodes were not found. There is now a catch-all method to find these postcodes
- 20th January 2016 - Added option to Show Postcode Area Boundaries
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Comments For This Page
Like this, great to see how far I've travelled so far this year.
By Amanda on 2nd October 2020
Hi William, which European countries would you be most interested in?
By Free Map Tools on 7th September 2020
This is wonderful for camper van holiday. Is there a European version. Thanx
By William de Grough on 6th September 2020
Ross, can you give an example of one that is not found?
By Free Map Tools on 31st July 2020
It is not recognising any postcodes for me
By Ross on 30th July 2020
How to use this in our web application
On 25th June 2020
Smashing tool,nothing really need to be altered..Thank you.
By Arawn on 19th June 2020
I will only travel a radius of 1.25 miles in order to purchase my pyjamas (otherwise you end up spending too much on petrol, and must sacrafice certain other aspects of the pyjamas, such as a nice soft material ie. polyester). So this tool came in very handy when deciding where to get my next set of pyjamas from. 10/10 would reccomend if looking to purchase pyjamas.
By Barrie Jacobs on 10th June 2020
Hi, please have a look at : Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 24th May 2020
Could do with a list of towns covered in the radius that is calculated
On 23rd May 2020
Not had this problem before but cant go above 9999 km
By David on 8th March 2020
Excellent free tool - very useful
By Tallbloke on 21st February 2020
No Post code for me...... Crewe who needs to go there anyway??? :-)
On 19th January 2020
What is your postcode?
By Free Map Tools on 17th December 2019
My post code doesn't count as one apparently bit harsh against dorset
On 16th December 2019
Is this able to be done as an app?
By Chris on 24th November 2019
Brilliant, thank you
On 2nd November 2019
Omg I can't work this out
On 24th October 2019
How do i embed this with mapped points into a website
By Craig on 17th September 2019
YOU ARE A STAR - thank you
By peej on 3rd August 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 504 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)