Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the post code input.
Radius From UK Post Code Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 20th January 2016 - Added option to Show Postcode Area Boundaries
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Previous Comments For This Page
Pokemon Go For the Win
By Blank (no game no life) on 22/07/2016
By Pete Ski on 18/06/2016
Radius around a town or a point would be very useful - trying to use this to find a new home in an area, and we don't know postcodes for the centre points.
By Henry on 24/05/2016
Colin, please have a look at How Far Can I Travel. It does something very close to this on a worldwide basis.
By Free Map Tools on 10/05/2016
Thanks for such a useful tool. To take it to another level, how about the option of plotting a line of constant distance traveled along roads, so it would be an irregular shape rather than a circle. It's a tall order, I know...
By Colin on 09/05/2016
Hi, you can switch to full screen and take a screenshot.
By Free Map Tools on 13/04/2016
How do I get a copy of plotted map radius
By email@example.com on 13/04/2016
Please show/list all postcodes that fall within the boundaries selected.
By Brad on 09/03/2016
Hi Susan, please get in Contact here to discuss.
By Free Map Tools on 29/02/2016
I would like to use this map for my website. How can I transfer it? What is the cost?
By Susan Vadencourt on 28/02/2016
This tool is wonderful. Using it to help people visualise how easily short distances could be cycled
I would find it eve more useful if the Google bicycling layer could be overlaid.
By Gaz on 28/02/2016
Very useful for users of electric cars. Point to remember is radius is as the crow flies not actual milage by road.
By FJ on 21/02/2016
By Free Map Tools on 19/02/2016
Needed to find areas within 100 miles of my home for business use. It worked a treat, great site, many thanks
By Brian on 18/02/2016
Can I highlight 10kms along the entire length of a UK county border?
By Steven on 17/02/2016
Hi Paul, unfortunately this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 22/01/2016
Is there a way to restrict the population values returned to one country. For example, if I am searching for a population within 100 miles of a UK postcode I only want to see UK population
By Paul on 22/01/2016
Hi Susan, sorry this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 22/01/2016
Showing the most recent 20 out of 391 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: