Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the postcode input.
Radius From UK Postcode Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 5th October 2018 - UI Updates. Fixed bug with colours, thickness and transparency not taking effect
- 16th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 28th March 2017 - Bug Fix : Invalid, expired or partial postcodes were not found. There is now a catch-all method to find these postcodes
- 20th January 2016 - Added option to Show Postcode Area Boundaries
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Comments For This Page
How do i embed this with mapped points into a website
By Craig on 17th September 2019
YOU ARE A STAR - thank you
By peej on 3rd August 2019
This is a great idea. Planning on cycling 50 miles per day for 3 days so looking at potential starting points around the periphery. Will then look at gradient/cycle paths/hotels etc. Cheers!
By Dan and Ga on 24th July 2019
Just looking at Nuclear blasts and their most probable effects from nuclear bomb tests.
On 1st July 2019
On 20th June 2019
Use an application that can open KML files
On 19th June 2019
I can't open a KML file. Doesn't seem to open in Word or Chrome...any suggestions?
By karen on 19th June 2019
Firstly, this is a great tool works as expected and is easy to use. The ability to undue or remove a point would be useful, as would a save function. You have the ability to save other maps but not this one. Keep up the good work.
By Reece on 13th April 2019
would be great if you could create a driving time radius around a post code (approx.)
On 12th March 2019
Currently there is no planned date for it
By Free Map Tools on 3rd January 2019
I am just wondering when the planned date is for being to bulk upload postcodes as I have got a couple of things I would like to use it on. :)
On 2nd January 2019
Took forever to open page
On 12th December 2018
Hi, when you say you cant plot ... what doesn't appear or doesn't work when you expect it to? What steps do you take?
By Free Map Tools on 8th December 2018
Has something happened.... I can't seem to plot any radius anymore?
On 7th December 2018
Can I print the map, when I try it just gives me a blank circle
By Chris on 29th October 2018
Hi, not sure what you mean? It does allow you to plot 1,2,3 ... postcodes and keep them all visible. Do you mean something else?
By Free Map Tools on 9th October 2018
ability to overlay plots from additional post codes would be very useful
On 7th October 2018
Hi Liz, it should work now...
By Free Map Tools on 5th October 2018
Hi - I am trying to print a map using your radius from a UK post code with a transparent fill and a red line but, it keeps giving me a blue fill with a red line. what am I doing wrong?
By Liz on 25th September 2018
Works perfectly fine, don%u2019t know what the complaints are about
By Kim JooByeon on 20th September 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 486 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)