Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the post code input.
Radius From UK Post Code Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 20th January 2016 - Added option to Show Postcode Area Boundaries
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Previous Comments For This Page
By bob on 12th October 2016
Liam, there is no date for when it will be implemented but your comment is noted in terms of more weight behind implementing it.
By Free Map Tools on 4th October 2016
By Chris on 4th October 2016
Really useful tool, love it! When will it be possible to upload postcodes in bulk?
By Liam on 4th October 2016
By Ronie on 21st September 2016
Hi, if you switch to Full Screen mode, it should help. The button is below the map.
By Free Map Tools on 21st September 2016
Love it, but how do I save the file so that I can use it as a document. A copy of the full screen includes the advertising window!
On 21st September 2016
Love it, but how do I save the file so that I can use it in a document?
By Sharon on 21st September 2016
By Dan on 18th September 2016
By lmrc on 16th September 2016
By C on 5th September 2016
Hi, it should be working again now.
By Free Map Tools on 26th August 2016
I type in a post code and it says location not found?
On 26th August 2016
By Free Map Tools on 23rd August 2016
What a ussefull tool, I use it every day for my job and it's amazing!!!!
By MC on 23rd August 2016
By adan on 21st August 2016
Hi, this can be done with Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 15th August 2016
Can I export the postcodes within a certain area, for example 10 miles from Wigan town centre
On 15th August 2016
Hi, can you explain why it is no good? We are keen to help improve things.
By Free Map Tools on 9th August 2016
On 9th August 2016
Showing the most recent 20 out of 411 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: