Radius From UK Postcode
This tool will allow you to plot a radius around a point on a map. That point is defined by the position of the post code input.
Radius From UK Post Code Map
- Type in a UK postcode. The format should be XX00 0XX or XX00 or X0 0XX. The important thing to remember is the space in the middle.
- Type in the value of the radius to plot in miles
- Click Plot to plot the radius
- Continue to add more radii to the map by varying the postcode and radius and clicking Plot again and again
Click Zoom to fit to fit all the radius data on to the map
- The clear the map click the Clear Map Button
- Allow user to change transparency and line thickness of radius plotted
- Allow radius to be entered in kilometers
- Allow remove a circle once placed
- Ability to bulk upload postcodes
Any comments, bugs or feedback regarding this postcode radius tool would be greatly appreciated!
- 28th Macrh 2017 - Bug Fix : Invalid, expired or partial postcodes were not found. There is now a catch-all method to find these postcodes
- 20th January 2016 - Added option to Show Postcode Area Boundaries
- 22nd April 2014 - Radius circle can now be removed by clicking on it
- 10th February 2014 - Added option to Generate KML File of radius
- 21st January 2014 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 23rd July 2013 - Option to input radius in km
- 13th January 2013
- Converted to Google Maps API V3
- Added extra options for line thickness, line colour and transparency of the radius fill
- Add / Show marker now works retrospectively on all radii
- New option to add a label below the marker
- 9th January 2012 - Added [Show Mid-Postcode] option
- 15th February 2011 - Reduced opacity from 50% to 30%
- 4th April 2009 - Zoom to fit automatically runs after a radius is plotted.
- 17th May 2008 - Added area covered output. Added colour choice for fill colour.
- 21st February 2008 - Basic version created
Comments For This Page
this is awesome
By Sean on 26th April 2017
100 mile radius from Newcastle
On 22nd April 2017
Hi, it is not possible to save the radius on this page, but it can be done using the Radius Around a Point on a Map and the User Menu feature.
By Free Map Tools on 28th March 2017
Hi Zoe, have a look at Find Population on Map.
By Free Map Tools on 28th March 2017
Is it possible to make this thing work ?
On 27th March 2017
Hi, is it possible to save the map once it has been created?
On 26th March 2017
Hi, how can I find the population within a specific distance in an specific post code, is there any website to provide these kind of information?
By Zoe on 1st March 2017
Hi Sal, you specify the center point postcode then a radius in miles or km and click Plot. If this doesn't tie in with what you want to do, let us know as there is a good chance another tool on this website does what you want.
By Free Map Tools on 25th January 2017
Not sure how to work this
By Sal on 24th January 2017
On 22nd January 2017
Hi, please have a look at Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 9th January 2017
I'm looking for zip code radius output for UK
On 9th January 2017
Fantastic. Just what I was looking for
By S on 9th January 2017
Hi, you can get US ZIPs inside a radius on this page ... Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 6th January 2017
Is there a way to get zip code output so I know what zip codes are in my radius?
On 5th January 2017
TN, if you switch to Full Screen and print the screen you should be able to print it out.
By Free Map Tools on 28th December 2016
I have just tried out the radius tool which is useful. Can I print the map?
By TN on 27th December 2016
Great simple tool. Thanks
By @theincredibleaf on 17th November 2016
By Dasha on 11th November 2016
Hi, Can you explain how it isn't working?
By Free Map Tools on 8th November 2016
Showing the most recent 20 out of 434 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: