Convert UK Postcode to Latitude / Longitude
Use this tool to convert a UK postcode to a latitude longitude pair. Type in a postcode and click convert. The lat/lng will then be displayed.
Convert Single Postcode
Convert Batch of Postcodes
List the postcodes below, one per line then click the Convert button. The postcodes will then be geocoded in batch. There is a maximum of 100 rows that can be processed in one batch.
Future Updates and Ideas
- Output in DMS (degrees,minutes,seconds)
- Option to include the post code in the output
- 31st January 2019 : Version 2.4 - Postcodes are now trimmed for leading or trailing whitespace
- 12th October 2018 : Version 2.3 - Bug fix, DMS output did not work correctly
- 22nd September 2018 : Version 2.2 - Postcodes not found now cause a row on the output displaying Not Found
- 4th February 2016 : Version 2.2 - Fixed issue with Batch of Postcodes output text box (CTRL+C)
- 20th June 2016 : Version 2.1 - Fixed issue with the batch converter when a partial postcode was input
- 17th March 2016 : Version 2 - New batch processing option
- 13th August 2014 : Version 1
Comments For This Page
On 15th October 2019
On 2nd October 2019
On 25th September 2019
Very straight forward, the proof of the pudding is in the eating thereof. The practical reality will earn bountiful praise, as long as it is successful. Thank You very much.
By W, Hurst on 13th September 2019
Works a treat, many thanks
By GSam on 26th August 2019
On 20th August 2019
On 10th July 2019
On 26th June 2019
SK4 2DW appears to work (is found)
By Free Map Tools on 2nd June 2019
On 30th May 2019
Great tool- thank you!
On 7th May 2019
Hi, if i understand correctly, an invalid postcode in a batch will appear as [Not Found] in the same order, so you can trace back to find which one was invalid.
By Free Map Tools on 15th April 2019
If it can\'t do a post code it skips in batch, but doesn\'t tell you what it skipped. Otherwise works great!
On 11th April 2019
You are a saviour! Italian cars don\'t do postcodes - street names or long/lat mama mia!
By Gary on 8th April 2019
I also need this the other way round long and lat to post code
On 14th March 2019
conversion the other way??????
lon and Lat to post code?
On 12th March 2019
Edit - solved when refreshing the page
By Guy on 28th February 2019
It was working fine, now (5 mins later) it only does the first line of a batch... no white space issues. occasionally clicking 'convert' it does 2-3 lines, then back to one again.. weird.
Otherwise its great :)
By Guy on 28th February 2019
Postcodes in the Isle of Man, e.g IM1 3DE, appear to give 100.00000,0.00000 incorrectly
On 27th February 2019
When you say it doesn't work, what have you input (which postcode?) and what happens when you clicked to convert?
By Free Map Tools on 25th February 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 73 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)