Convert UK Postcode to Latitude / Longitude
Use this tool to convert a UK postcode to a latitude longitude pair. Type in a postcode and click convert. The lat/lng will then be displayed.
Convert Single Postcode
Convert Batch of Postcodes
List the postcodes below, one per line then click the Convert button. The postcodes will then be geocoded in batch. There is a maximum of 100 rows that can be processed in one batch.
Future Updates and Ideas
- Output in DMS (degrees,minutes,seconds)
- Option to include the post code in the output
- 31st January 2019 : Version 2.4 - Postcodes are now trimmed for leading or trailing whitespace
- 12th October 2018 : Version 2.3 - Bug fix, DMS output did not work correctly
- 22nd September 2018 : Version 2.2 - Postcodes not found now cause a row on the output displaying Not Found
- 4th February 2016 : Version 2.2 - Fixed issue with Batch of Postcodes output text box (CTRL+C)
- 20th June 2016 : Version 2.1 - Fixed issue with the batch converter when a partial postcode was input
- 17th March 2016 : Version 2 - New batch processing option
- 13th August 2014 : Version 1
Comments For This Page
would be cool to remove 100 postcodes limit
By Pietro on 16th February 2021
Um what is this
By Seth on 22nd January 2021
Really great tool would use again and will. Great for anyone using excel, simple data validation if you need separate columns or a search function for the comma. Great work!
By Ash on 15th January 2021
Invaluable tool - thanks. I'm using to produce KML file for Google Maps. It requires format long,lat so would be useful to have the option of results that way round
By Mike on 3rd December 2020
Let me express my gratitude, and my grongitude :)
By Bumhats on 22nd July 2020
Very convenient! Thanks!
On 21st July 2020
On 24th March 2020
Amazing tool, long overdue.
By Port Harcourt on 21st March 2020
This is an amazing tool especially for Data Migration Cleansing thank you
On 17th March 2020
On 12th March 2020
On 16th February 2020
On 2nd December 2019
Hi, yes I have managed to split them using excel. Thank you
On 19th November 2019
Hi, as a workaround, you can copy paste the contents in to a text file, save it as .csv and open in Excel. This should result in the columns being split out.
By Free Map Tools on 19th November 2019
It would be great if in Batch it could output latitude and longitude in diferent columns so we could copy paste like in my case in excel 100 rows in one go and not have to separate every single one of the ouputs.
Very good website. thanks
On 17th November 2019
On 15th October 2019
On 2nd October 2019
On 25th September 2019
Very straight forward, the proof of the pudding is in the eating thereof. The practical reality will earn bountiful praise, as long as it is successful. Thank You very much.
By W, Hurst on 13th September 2019
Works a treat, many thanks
By GSam on 26th August 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 88 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)