Find Population on Map
Map of the world where you define an area then find out the estimated population inside that area. You can use this tool to find the population inside a radius of any location in the world or define a custom area and find the population in the area.
Population Inside a Area Search Map
InputAdd Radius manually : Radius km OR miles Location :
- Search, zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Toggle the Polygon or Radius above the map to start drawing a polygon or a radius circle
- Click on the map to define the outside edge of the polygon. You can move the edges after it has been drawn. You can delete an edge by right clicking
- Once the area is defined, click the [Find Population] button to find the population inside
- After a delay, the estimated population is returned and displayed below the map
- Click the [Full Screen] icon on the map to view the map in full screen
- Click the [Zoom To Fit] button to zoom your map in/out on the area drawn
- Click the [Reset Map] button to start again
Example Population Estimate
Screenshot of radius population estimate for Dublin, Republic or Ireland
- 15th October 2018 : Version 3.0 - Converted to Leaflet maps
- 22nd March 2015 : Version 2.3 - Radius can now be drawn with a manual radius and location
- 15th January 2015 : Version 2.2 - Now displays circle radius in miles as well as km
- 8th November 2014 : Version 2.1 - Added Zoom to Fit button
- 15th July 2014 : Version 2 - Added radius circle search for population
- 15th July 2014 : Version 1.1 - Polygon Search now works clockwise and anticlockwise
- 28th June 2014 : Version 1 - Initial Version. Polygon Search
Comments For This Page
Thanks for the update!
I was hoping that this site would not get shutdown!
On 18th October 2018
getting for development purposes only? I have used it for 3 years and never had this issue! Please correct.
By John Walser on 11th October 2018
this is to dark now something happened and it sucks please help
On 3rd October 2018
Excellent source if reliable
On 16th September 2018
I second the request to upload your own KML files and test from there. Also, parcel count would be incredibly helpful.
On 4th September 2018
Is this working for anyone? I have requested the five radius and I get nothing
By Ehren Jacobs on 22nd August 2018
Its not accurate. My city in the US with 80,000 people was counted as 50,000.
On 12th July 2018
Would it be possible to to add the option of uploading ones own KML fileand testing against that polygon?
By B on 27th June 2018
what a wonderful tools. I have been looking for a interactive map like this since my childhood
By Amirali Zandie on 18th June 2018
Thank you for the tool. Can you please state your data source for the population data. Thanks
By Rob on 11th June 2018
I am new here - how do you "clear" a result for a polygon? when i try to get new points, it just connects with the old points
On 6th June 2018
Can you tell me what the pop. database is for the United States? What are minimum polygons fitting population? Thank you.
On 4th June 2018
I suppose it has a database of population density and it simply multiplies density by area. For some less popular countries they have one density for the whole country which is why some big cities are totally miscalculated.
By Flatko on 3rd June 2018
Can switch between locations easily, but trying to switch the distance, even using "reset map" doesn't work. Not sure what years you are using for north American city data but it appears accurate but a little out of date
On 15th May 2018
Garbage not worth the effert
On 30th March 2018
I got 128 million for Japan, seems right on!
-------The population of Japan is not 7,600. This is insanely inaccurate. }
On 14th March 2018
The population of Japan is not 7,600. This is insanely inaccurate.
On 4th March 2018
By Roman on 27th February 2018
I checked a place with 10,000 inhabitants and got the answer 700
On 27th February 2018
This page is wrong... actually I was looking for the population of the metropolitan area of Bogotá ,with it included, which counts 7,9 millions habitants, and it shows me just 4,9 millions
On 23rd February 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 111 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: