Find Population on Map
Map of the world where you define an area then find out the estimated population inside that area. You can use this tool to find the population inside a radius of any location in the world or define a custom area and find the population in the area.
Population Inside a Area Search Map
InputAdd Radius manually : Radius km OR miles Location :
- Search, zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Toggle the Polygon or Radius above the map to start drawing a polygon or a radius circle
- Click on the map to define the outside edge of the polygon. You can move the edges after it has been drawn. You can delete an edge by right clicking
- Once the area is defined, click the [Find Population] button to find the population inside
- After a delay, the estimated population is returned and displayed below the map
- Click the [Full Screen] icon on the map to view the map in full screen
- Click the [Zoom To Fit] button to zoom your map in/out on the area drawn
- Click the [Reset Map] button to start again
Example Population Estimate
Screenshot of radius population estimate for Dublin, Republic or Ireland
- 2nd October 2019 : Version 3.1 - Adding nodes to polygon not longer causes map to re-zoom
- 15th October 2018 : Version 3.0 - Converted to Leaflet maps
- 22nd March 2015 : Version 2.3 - Radius can now be drawn with a manual radius and location
- 15th January 2015 : Version 2.2 - Now displays circle radius in miles as well as km
- 8th November 2014 : Version 2.1 - Added Zoom to Fit button
- 15th July 2014 : Version 2 - Added radius circle search for population
- 15th July 2014 : Version 1.1 - Polygon Search now works clockwise and anticlockwise
- 28th June 2014 : Version 1 - Initial Version. Polygon Search
Comments For This Page
This is nice. It's a little confusing the way the polygon tool tries to zoom in when you draw a line. And I don't know how accurate the numbers are. But I like it.
By Dan on 2nd October 2019
WHY????? WONT IT WORK????
By Galaxy Lillie on 24th September 2019
WHY WON'T THE SITE WORK?
On 23rd September 2019
It wouldn't let me see the population of the US so yeah its broken
By Galaxy Lillie on 10th September 2019
This massively underestimates populations. I selected an area including most of Mexico as well as California and Texas, and it showed as about 20k, should be over 10 times that.
On 30th August 2019
I think that you should have latitude and longitude for locations as well
On 17th August 2019
Only worked the first time i used it. gave me an accurate reading for the bay area at around 6.3 million. Did the Dallas Ft Worth area and it gave me 80k
On 6th August 2019
Combined population of KS and western MO returned total of 600k. I would expect it to be ~10x this many.
By rg on 22nd July 2019
literally completely incorrect
the pearl river delta should have 100 Million residents but this map says 1 million
By sexy boi on 16th July 2019
taxation is theft
On 12th July 2019
I'd love to be able to put in a population number, click a point and get an approximate radius for that population.
By Dinobabe on 28th June 2019
Hi Roger, thanks for your comments. The circle should go away if you click [Reset Map].
By Free Map Tools on 10th June 2019
Current update map starts with a circle down I cannot remove or modify. It limits the usefulness.
Unlike the other complainers, I appreciate ALL your brilliant tools.
Some are just more functional than others. :-)
By Roger Perry on 10th June 2019
Population counts are off and useless. I now get 17 million inhabitants in an area that was given as 150 million a while ago. This sucks.
By Thorsten on 7th June 2019
U cant change the size of the circle
By Josh on 4th June 2019
Not accurate anymore. It used to be a great, reliable tool. Whatever changed caused population totals to be WAYYY low.
On 12th March 2019
The Full Screen button has been re-added.
By Free Map Tools on 3rd March 2019
Please - where is the FULL SCREEN button
By David on 27th February 2019
Hi, This services available with webservices? Thank you for your answer! Zsolt
By Zsolt Boszormenyi on 8th February 2019
It puts the estimated population of Istanbul and the surrounding peninsula as 146,000. There are nearly 15 million people in Istanbul alone.
On 7th February 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 143 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)