Find Population on Map
Map of the world where you define an area then find out the estimated population inside that area. You can use this tool to find the population inside a radius of any location in the world or define a custom area and find the population in the area.
Population Inside a Area Search Map
InputAdd Radius manually : Radius km OR miles Location :
- Search, zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Toggle the Polygon or Radius above the map to start drawing a polygon or a radius circle
- Click on the map to define the outside edge of the polygon. You can move the edges after it has been drawn. You can delete an edge by right clicking
- Once the area is defined, click the [Find Population] button to find the population inside
- After a delay, the estimated population is returned and displayed below the map
- Click the [Full Screen] icon on the map to view the map in full screen
- Click the [Zoom To Fit] button to zoom your map in/out on the area drawn
- Click the [Reset Map] button to start again
Example Population Estimate
Screenshot of radius population estimate for Dublin, Republic or Ireland
- 15th October 2018 : Version 3.0 - Converted to Leaflet maps
- 22nd March 2015 : Version 2.3 - Radius can now be drawn with a manual radius and location
- 15th January 2015 : Version 2.2 - Now displays circle radius in miles as well as km
- 8th November 2014 : Version 2.1 - Added Zoom to Fit button
- 15th July 2014 : Version 2 - Added radius circle search for population
- 15th July 2014 : Version 1.1 - Polygon Search now works clockwise and anticlockwise
- 28th June 2014 : Version 1 - Initial Version. Polygon Search
Comments For This Page
Thanks, got what I needed!
On 7th December 2018
I made a box that covered a large area, but it didn't work. Don't like the recent update.
On 24th November 2018
This is NOT accurate. I tried to use it to find the population of Hawaii and it told me 0.
On 23rd November 2018
used to be a great website recent update has ruined a once very cool tool
On 5th November 2018
The population Radius only works sometimes....this is unreliable.
By Ehren on 27th October 2018
This tool is very, very, very bad. That's an order!
On 25th October 2018
Not sure I should complain about something that is free, but the polygon tool is no nowhere near as functional as before the change. A shame, as this was a great tool I would have gladly paid a small fee for.
On 24th October 2018
This tool is really bad
On 24th October 2018
Thanks for the update!
I was hoping that this site would not get shutdown!
On 18th October 2018
getting for development purposes only? I have used it for 3 years and never had this issue! Please correct.
By John Walser on 11th October 2018
this is to dark now something happened and it sucks please help
On 3rd October 2018
Excellent source if reliable
On 16th September 2018
I second the request to upload your own KML files and test from there. Also, parcel count would be incredibly helpful.
On 4th September 2018
Is this working for anyone? I have requested the five radius and I get nothing
By Ehren Jacobs on 22nd August 2018
Its not accurate. My city in the US with 80,000 people was counted as 50,000.
On 12th July 2018
Would it be possible to to add the option of uploading ones own KML fileand testing against that polygon?
By B on 27th June 2018
what a wonderful tools. I have been looking for a interactive map like this since my childhood
By Amirali Zandie on 18th June 2018
Thank you for the tool. Can you please state your data source for the population data. Thanks
By Rob on 11th June 2018
I am new here - how do you "clear" a result for a polygon? when i try to get new points, it just connects with the old points
On 6th June 2018
Can you tell me what the pop. database is for the United States? What are minimum polygons fitting population? Thank you.
On 4th June 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 119 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: