Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of the UK where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius.
UK Postcode Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers? Only Output Outcodes? Show UK County Borders?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 320km) OR miles (maximum = 200 miles)
CSV Postcodes with distance (postcode,km,miles)
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or postcode on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's outcode postcode.
Any radius less than 20km will return full postcodes, anything more will return outcodes only.
The list of Post Codes inside the radius will be displayed in the textbox. You can toggle between CSV or new line output by clicking the [Toggle CSV or New line] button above the textbox.
- 20th May 2016 : Version 16 - Fixed issue with markers not appearing
- 16th January 2015 : Version 15 - Now outputs postcode and distance in km and miles
- 21st January 2014 : Version 14 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 12th August 2013 : Version 13 - Full Screen option added
- 6th August 2013 : Version 12 - Option to only output outcodes added, for outcodes with radius less than 20km
- 4th June 2013 : Version 11 - Now outputs full UK postcodes for radius under 20km. Implemented marker clustering to improve browser performance
- 9th August 2012 : Version 10 - Option to toggle between CSV and new line output format
- 15th July 2012 : Version 9 - Each marker now shows the distance from the centre point in km
- 13th June 2012 : Version 8 - Implemented Google Maps API V3. Added optional centre point marker. Added Reset Map button
- 27th April 2012 : Version 7 - Increased maximum radius to 320km / 200miles
- 30th March 2011 : Version 6 - Increased maximum radius to 160km / 100miles
- 11th February 2010 : Version 5 - Increased maximum radius to 100km / 64miles
- 28th January 2010 : Version 4 - Updates. Miles option added for input. Centre point can now be input by address or postcode
- 18th September 2009 : Version 3 - Updates
- Maximum radius increased to 50km
- Remove extra comma on CSV output
- Clear CSV textbox on page refresh
- Crosshairs added to map as curser
- Map no longer pans when no postcodes are found
- 25th June 2009 : Version 2 - Major Improvements
- Is it inside radius? function now runs server-side and is much faster
- Output textbox added to output all found postcodes in comma separated format
- 21st February 2009 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Previous Comments For This Page
Do you and are you willing to share the SQL/MySQl code that calculates this?
By Stuart on 25th January 2017
Dave, for performance reasons this is kept limited. Once the radius size gets so large there is an impact on the service for all users.
By Free Map Tools on 5th October 2016
Please could we have FULL UK postcodes inside a radius beyond 20km? I need to calculate full postcode & distance up to 60 miles from a central point.
By Dave N, Bristol on 5th October 2016
Great, fingers crossed
By Liam McNulty on 1st September 2016
Gary, thanks for reporting this. Please try again (might need to F5/refresh page) and it should be working.
By Free Map Tools on 26th August 2016
Not able to access the postcodes inside a radius? can you help.
we use this tool and generally excellent tool for the above but saying location not found?
By Gary Hales on 26th August 2016
Thanks for this!
On 15th August 2016
would be amazing if you could get the driving distance, great service thanks
By luke mclachlan on 6th August 2016
Hi Joe, please get in contact.
By Free Map Tools on 6th June 2016
How can I find a nearby postcode of my address on your site?
By Joe on 5th June 2016
Hi, we dont supply code for this, but if you are interested in API access, please get in contact.
By Free Map Tools on 1st June 2016
Could i have the code to this? this is awesome
On 1st June 2016
Doug, sorry this isn't possible.
By Free Map Tools on 25th April 2016
I don't suppose there's a tool to list the village names not the post codes?
By Doug Woods on 25th April 2016
Hi James, you can do it using a combination of 2 pages on this site. If you use this guide [https://www.freemaptools.com/blog/2014/09/list-usa-zip-codes-within-a-drive-time-radius/] but swap out anything do do with US ZIP codes with the UK equivalent ... [https://www.freemaptools.com/find-uk-postcodes-inside-user-defined-area.htm]
By Free Map Tools on 1st April 2016
Hi, Is there a postcode finder within adrive time radius tool that you know of?
By James. on 1st April 2016
Thank you Sooo Much For this. You guys are awesome. this has saved me hours and hours of work
By joseph on 31st March 2016
Thanks Val, please share this page with friends and colleagues if you think it would benefit them.
By Free Map Tools on 8th January 2016
Absolutely fantastic!!!! I just used it for something that would have taken ages without this. Thanks a lot!
By Val on 8th January 2016
Can you please give me this file
I want to integrate this map in my website
By Afzal Gogda on 5th January 2016
Showing the most recent 20 out of 329 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: