Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of the UK where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all outcode postcodes inside the radius.
UK Postcode Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 320km) OR miles (maximum = 200 miles)
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Labels? Only Output Outcodes? Show UK County Borders?
CSV Postcodes with distance (postcode,km,miles)
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or postcode on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's outcode postcode.
Any radius less than 20km will return full postcodes, anything more will return outcodes only.
The list of Post Codes inside the radius will be displayed in the textbox. You can toggle between CSV or new line output by clicking the [Toggle CSV or New line] button above the textbox.
- Option to select postcodes or outcodes for output
- 3rd October 2019 : Version 20 - New button to download CSV data
- 3rd October 2018 : Version 19 - Update to back-end UK Postcode database
- 11th September 2018 : Version 18 - Fixed issue with postcode search
- 28th August 2018 : Version 17 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 20th May 2016 : Version 16 - Fixed issue with markers not appearing
- 16th January 2015 : Version 15 - Now outputs postcode and distance in km and miles
- 21st January 2014 : Version 14 - Added option to show UK county borders
- 12th August 2013 : Version 13 - Full Screen option added
- 6th August 2013 : Version 12 - Option to only output outcodes added, for outcodes with radius less than 20km
- 4th June 2013 : Version 11 - Now outputs full UK postcodes for radius under 20km. Implemented marker clustering to improve browser performance
- 9th August 2012 : Version 10 - Option to toggle between CSV and new line output format
- 15th July 2012 : Version 9 - Each marker now shows the distance from the centre point in km
- 13th June 2012 : Version 8 - Implemented Google Maps API V3. Added optional centre point marker. Added Reset Map button
- 27th April 2012 : Version 7 - Increased maximum radius to 320km / 200miles
- 30th March 2011 : Version 6 - Increased maximum radius to 160km / 100miles
- 11th February 2010 : Version 5 - Increased maximum radius to 100km / 64miles
- 28th January 2010 : Version 4 - Updates. Miles option added for input. Centre point can now be input by address or postcode
- 18th September 2009 : Version 3 - Updates
- Maximum radius increased to 50km
- Remove extra comma on CSV output
- Clear CSV textbox on page refresh
- Crosshairs added to map as curser
- Map no longer pans when no postcodes are found
- 25th June 2009 : Version 2 - Major Improvements
- Is it inside radius? function now runs server-side and is much faster
- Output textbox added to output all found postcodes in comma separated format
- 21st February 2009 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Gg, please get in contact to discuss.
By Free Map Tools on 25th February 2022
Does this have an API available for me to use in my program?
By Gg on 24th February 2022
does not appear to work
On 5th January 2022
Lee, no it's not possible to search for boroughs.
By Free Map Tools on 1st November 2021
Can you search for boroughs within a radius
By Lee on 31st October 2021
Sorry, that's not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 20th July 2021
HI , Is it possible to search more than one postcode at a time ?
On 19th July 2021
What did you input?
By Free Map Tools on 17th January 2021
Just tells me not found?
By Christina on 17th January 2021
Is it possible to get all the postcode districts within a drive time of a specific postcode?
By Alex on 3rd December 2020
I hope you can help as I am trying to get a map that has a 10km reaadius from ox11 7le. but I need it to show all the postcodes in that area, like this (OX11 1, OX11 2,) This is so I can plan deliveries.
By RALEIGH HULLOCK on 27th September 2020
Hi Andy, do you have an example of a postcode you have input?
By Free Map Tools on 14th September 2020
Doesn't seem to work - just getting "not found" for any postcode entered.
By Andy on 10th September 2020
Hi Pam, yes, you can do it on this page : Find UK Postcodes Inside a User Defined Area.
By Free Map Tools on 5th September 2020
Hi there, is there a way where you can draw a shape- other than a circle, eg a polygon connecting all the desired points- directly onto the map and then obtain the postcodes within that shape? Cheers
By Pam on 3rd September 2020
Hi, thats not possible right now. You could use some scripting to parse the results and return the Sectors.
By Free Map Tools on 20th August 2020
Would be good to be able to get postcode sectors e.g BN1 1, BN1 2
On 18th August 2020
Hi, I am trying to use your postcode generator to give me postcodes within 3.5 miles but its including postcodes at 5.5 miles
By ROSS on 12th June 2020
Hi, this is great! Another request to have postcodes distance specified by Land Transport please. Thank you!
By Annie on 8th June 2020
Hi Philip, data is updated around four times per year. So updates will eventually feed through, but will take a bit of time.
By Free Map Tools on 3rd May 2020
Showing the most recent 20 out of 421 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)