This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Click on the map or input a location below to find the elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 10th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
Very useful tool, thanks!
By Davy Dox on 18th September 2018
Who are you guys? What a great service! Thanks!
On 18th September 2018
Very laggy. Markers take a long time to appear and the delete function for markers doesn't work. Used to be a really good tool!
By Chris on 17th September 2018
Total piece of junk ... 30 feet off?!?!?!?!? Wtf. You are better off guessing!!!
By David Redditt on 15th September 2018
It is only off by about 66% in my case.
On 13th September 2018
does not work will not show any elevations
On 12th September 2018
Come on, get this sorted. Cannot now find locations in the uk !!!!!
On 10th September 2018
Used to love this, but now the lag time is a lot
On 29th August 2018
Please just tell people it's broken now rather than messing about pretending it works a bit.
On 28th August 2018
Does not work
On 28th August 2018
Unfortunately very buggy now and inaccurate. Takes forever to add a marker, if it adds any at all.
By Chris C. on 24th August 2018
Elevations are not correct. Used to be great! Now if I do more than one, they all show the same elevation. The area I am looking at is very hilly, so should be considerable variation every time.
By Carol on 19th August 2018
Used to be fairly accurate now its off by 15 feet. Used to have different heights depending on what part of a property I clicked on. Now they are all the same.
By Glen Mast on 18th August 2018
Sorry but there is no part of New Orleans that is 23 feet above sea level unless your talking about the top of my house
On 3rd August 2018
Super duper useless now.
By Robert on 1st August 2018
On 30th July 2018
Works just fine. Tested it on a European capital ranging from 100 to 500m elevation.
On 29th July 2018
Used to be great, now hopeless as all positions tried just show the same elevation.. why were these changes made?
By Noel, Shark Bay WA on 28th July 2018
Great tool - thank you for providing this FREE, valuable, service,
By Shaun on 28th July 2018
Worked well for me
By dougp01 on 27th July 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 406 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: