This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Click on the map or input a location below to find the elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 9th April 2019 - Click/tap on a marker to remove it
- 10th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
By Arvind Sangani on 13th May 2021
It's showing only 934m on land.
By Hov on 10th May 2021
Sorry, we do not have an API for this tool.
By Free Map Tools on 12th April 2021
Do you have an API for this? great tool!
On 9th April 2021
For AMS airport, ARP elevation should be negative (-3.4 m), but your tool gives a positive value (+6 m)
By Zainal ABIDIN on 8th April 2021
-9999 would appear for areas not covered or perhaps in the oceans. We do not present data below sea level.
By Free Map Tools on 6th April 2021
It is only showing -9999.0 m. Is it only me?
By ElevationGeek on 5th April 2021
Big surprise! Very helpful, thank you!
By Harriet Russell on 5th April 2021
Democraticen the knowledge
By Orlando Ruiz Villadiego on 4th April 2021
Very useful tool..... thanks
By Michaelangelo Design Ltd on 31st March 2021
Excellent! Checking possible tsunami effects. Thank you.
By Ian on 28th March 2021
This is working and useful. Could I download this?
By Upali Jayawardena Sri Lanka on 20th March 2021
Kevin, sorry we are limited to as low as MSL and don't have the data when it goes -ve
By Free Map Tools on 19th March 2021
Curious about lakes and resevoirs, this seems to return the elevation of the surface of the water level, not the ground level below? Is there any way to get the ground level, not surface of water? thanks
By Kevin on 18th March 2021
please make it such a way so that after putting degree decimal latitude and longitude it display elevation means Z axis value
By Sourav on 13th March 2021
What is your data source? Thank you
By Stefaab on 10th March 2021
August, sorry, this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 7th March 2021
This tool looks amazing. I have a list of 2441 zip codes that I need to find the approximate elevation of, and entering them manually one by one seems inefficient. Is there anywhere to enter a series of zip codes and get a downloadable file of the results?
By August Longino on 6th March 2021
Is this metres? What is the unit?
On 4th March 2021
Hi, it's back up and running.
By Free Map Tools on 24th February 2021
Showing the most recent 20 out of 698 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)