This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
[12th July 2018] Unfortunately, due to a large price increase in back-end services, we have had to alter the elevation and address/place service providers. This may result in changes to precision or accuracy of the estimates returned.
Find Elevation Map
Input the latitude and longitude of a point on the map and see the estimated elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
It is crap now!
On 17th July 2018
Every time I type in my full address it changes to the street name in some other state???
By L lewis on 17th July 2018
An alternative place search provider has been introduced. Business decisions are based on the aim of providing users such as yourself with a tool for free but not paying large amounts to do this. We hope you have appreciated this free tool until now and will continue to appreciate this free tool.
By Free Map Tools on 12th July 2018
So the change you made was to remove the ability to search the map using an address? Someone thought this was a good business decision? This site is now useless. I hope someone at this site enjoys seeing the site traffic hit rock bottom!
On 12th July 2018
Who is the new backend service provider?
On 12th July 2018
On 12th July 2018
Brilliant tool my knowledge is now upgraded. Thanks
On 9th July 2018
By David from Ghana on 3rd July 2018
Parabens foi um experiencia perfeita!!! 73
By Anderson on 2nd July 2018
Awesome tool! thanks a million for this.
On 18th June 2018
A most excellent tool, and GREATLY appreciated!
By R.A.L on 16th June 2018
Thank you. This is an excellent tool. I wish the page had an explanation about the source of the data and how to submit corrections.
I'm also wondering if there's a way to deal with tunnels. For example, a bicycle path near where I live has a tunnel going under a highway. Both Google's show-directions tool and this site show the bicycle path's elevation as though it is on the surface and not 20 feet (6 meters) under the surface where the tunnel is.
On 5th June 2018
It is based on MSL
By Free Map Tools on 28th May 2018
Is this HAE or MSL elevation? I feel there is something wrong about the elevation ... How come mountains that were 2911 meters Above sea level are now 1868 meters.... Can you confirm please? Thanks!
On 28th May 2018
its accurate somewhat..
On 24th May 2018
A fundamental piece of information is missing: Is the elevation HAE or MSL?
On 22nd May 2018
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This tool is amazing!
On 20th May 2018
Thanks - excellent. Now, can you plot contour lines over the maps?
On 19th May 2018
this website is actually the worst website ever, don't use it!!!!!
On 17th May 2018
Ultimate Site and I have bookmarked this site :)
On 15th May 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 381 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: