This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Click on the map or input a location below to find the elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 9th April 2019 - Click/tap on a marker to remove it
- 10th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
Why is it not showing the elevation of dead sea
On 16th June 2021
What an tool
On 16th June 2021
By Eirik on 14th June 2021
This site is really off. We are at least 500 feet above sea level and the map claims we are at 246 feet.
On 12th June 2021
Kevin, this tool is intentionally kept straightforward in terms of displaying the estimated elevation at a particular location. Any enhancement to this that leads to a report / conclusion / judgement that is used for making decisions is something that we wish to avoid. Most users will understand that a free estimation tool has no liability or warranty, but there will always be someone with a grievance that will want to pass on financial liability. For that reason we keep it straightforward.
By Free Map Tools on 8th June 2021
Is it possible to use or add a tool that would reflect FEMA Flood zones and let a user get an approximate idea what the difference would be similar to an Elevation Certificate that is currently determined by an Engineer or surveyor? Curremtly it costs up to 2K for that info.TKS
By Kevin Jackson on 3rd June 2021
It should be working better now.
By Free Map Tools on 30th May 2021
This simply isn't working! Wildly inaccurate when tested against know ASL locations!
By Tom Johnston on 30th May 2021
We are : https://www.youtube.com/c/freemaptools.
By Free Map Tools on 28th May 2021
this is fantastic and useful if you were on youtube I would like and subscribe so you can get montetized
By amisha on 28th May 2021
Could you add coordinates? Would help me out a lot
By Karl on 21st May 2021
If anyone is having issues with output data, please refresh the page and try again.
By Free Map Tools on 18th May 2021
30m anywhere why ??
On 18th May 2021
i'm only getting 30m for elevation, no matter the coordinates
On 18th May 2021
By Arvind Sangani on 13th May 2021
It's showing only 934m on land.
By Hov on 10th May 2021
Sorry, we do not have an API for this tool.
By Free Map Tools on 12th April 2021
Do you have an API for this? great tool!
On 9th April 2021
For AMS airport, ARP elevation should be negative (-3.4 m), but your tool gives a positive value (+6 m)
By Zainal ABIDIN on 8th April 2021
-9999 would appear for areas not covered or perhaps in the oceans. We do not present data below sea level.
By Free Map Tools on 6th April 2021
Showing the most recent 20 out of 712 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)