This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Click on the map or input a location below to find the elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 9th April 2019 - Click/tap on a marker to remove it
- 10th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
Appreciate having access to such a tool.
By Nathan on 20th May 2019
Amazing Tool - thanks for sharing!
By Vaughan on 19th May 2019
Sebastian, it is possible but not likely to be implemented soon. Reason being the costs to do this (for us) would be too high for this free service.
By Free Map Tools on 18th May 2019
Great tool! It would be nice in the future to see how the elevation changes along a line between two given points. Would that be possible?
By Sebastian on 18th May 2019
What is the error margin?
By Mike on 13th May 2019
Glad to find this site. I have been wanting to find the difference in elevation between our cottage and a nearby street for ham radio purposes. Thank you so much for a fine tool.
By Steve on 12th May 2019
What coordinates do you type in?
By Free Map Tools on 9th May 2019
I typed in the coordinates and nothing is happening. I clicked enter and the map is still zoomed out with no point.
On 8th May 2019
Oliver, they provided by Esri
By Free Map Tools on 7th May 2019
How do you get the clear satellite images? my god this is better than google earth!
By Oliver on 6th May 2019
Hi Jim, there is a Clear Map button below the map.
By Free Map Tools on 6th May 2019
Am trying to get an elevation on a road and noticed that on a relative flat road moving from one point to another (about 100 feet or less), the elevation changes 3.1\'. Is there a way to get a more accurate elevation reading? We use this to determine and what river level water covers the road.
By dom b on 3rd May 2019
Bill, it should be working again as normal.
By Free Map Tools on 3rd May 2019
Elevation is stuck at 8m. Tried reloading but still stuck.
By Bill Holliday on 3rd May 2019
Entered an address, got a result but can\'t clear that address and enter another....?
By Jim on 2nd May 2019
On 30th April 2019
Brett, this normally means the area is not covered. -9999 is a value that means \"No Data for this area\"
By Free Map Tools on 15th April 2019
Why do I get a elevation reading of Negative 9999m how do I calibrate?
when working is a brillant tool.
By Brett on 14th April 2019
I liebe this website.
By James Kent on 14th April 2019
Paul, we have just made an update - Click/tap on a marker to remove it
By Free Map Tools on 9th April 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 498 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)