This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Click on the map or input a location below to find the elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 9th April 2019 - Click/tap on a marker to remove it
- 10th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
I couldn't find the actualhight .
By Jhankar on 1st July 2020
I've used this for a while and it was pretty accurate but the discrepancies in height are now substantial.
On 24th June 2020
This site has faulty data. It's off for my location by 500 feet (too low).
On 23rd June 2020
Best tool to set up your HASS correctly
By JJ on 18th June 2020
On 15th June 2020
not accurate at all
By Hesham on 7th June 2020
46 ft. Excellent and confirmed at the city(47%u2019, Safety Harbor, Fl). Just out of highest Hurricane tidal surge. Saves quite a bit on insurance. Great sight.
By Vazdub on 1st June 2020
Spot on great tool!
By Helen on 31st May 2020
some is certainly messed up, it says my location is -99999.0ft, I'm quite sure I'm not in the centre of the Earth!
On 26th May 2020
This was meant to be in Opua!!
On 24th May 2020
Great map tool. Helps me to plan my walks and difficulty by looking into elevations. Very easy to use. Thank you for this tool.
By Steve Kanthan on 24th May 2020
I like the tool very much. User-friendly and precise. Thanks a lot.
By Planinko Jakovljevic on 23rd May 2020
Je zelo dobro.
By Katarina on 6th May 2020
Accuracy is within 10 feet of actual, in my experience.
On 4th May 2020
Unfortunately, accuracy higher than 3-4 meters seems really hard to achieve.
By Stefan on 27th April 2020
There appears to be a problem. Map shows -32805 feet when it should be around 380 feet. Also, it used to give the difference in height over a site of 1 acre, now it doesn't. Software must have updated.?
On 26th April 2020
Don't worry about the ambiguous future, just work hard for the sake of clarity
By G on 20th April 2020
By chevin khaoyai on 18th April 2020
I feel the readings I'm getting for Albuquerque, NM, US are accurate based on google results I'm also finding.
By Liz on 14th April 2020
Scary accuracy and simple!! Bookmarked copy and pasted data thank you!!
By Eddie on 13th April 2020
Showing the most recent 20 out of 629 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)