This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Input the latitude and longitude of a point on the map and see the estimated elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location OR type an address in to the search box
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Use the address search facility to:
- Find a location
- Find a business nearby
- Any search results will be displayed below the map
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
A fundamental piece of information is missing: Is the elevation HAE or MSL?
On 22nd May 2018
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This tool is amazing!
On 20th May 2018
Thanks - excellent. Now, can you plot contour lines over the maps?
On 19th May 2018
this website is actually the worst website ever, don't use it!!!!!
On 17th May 2018
Ultimate Site and I have bookmarked this site :)
On 15th May 2018
Extremely interesting thx
On 11th May 2018
good effort but in many places the heights are not accurate at all
On 11th May 2018
All spots on my property read 74 feet too high in elevation. e.g. one spot is actually 300'; it reads 374'
On 4th May 2018
There is a [Clear Map] button below the map
By Free Map Tools on 1st May 2018
I love this map- how can I clear the map to
try a different route
On 29th April 2018
Location Blue Mountains - Australia
Blue Gum Forest - Govetts Creek elevation is off by 300m.
It is showing 598m !!??
It is wrong, it should be around 300m mark.
By Mark on 28th April 2018
On 20th April 2018
Thanks I used this map for geography class! It was very helpfull
By Jake on 20th April 2018
On 9th April 2018
A fantastic site, thank you very much, so much information and pictures.
By Steve (M0OLD) on 31st March 2018
What would be amazing is if I could see distance between 2 points on the elevation page.
By Paul on 30th March 2018
By sonny on 26th March 2018
This site is amazing. Thank you for this helpful tool.
By Tori D on 20th March 2018
Click/tap the your location icon, then click/tap on the map.
By Free Map Tools on 19th March 2018
How do I get my altitude?
On 19th March 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 366 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: