This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Input the latitude and longitude of a point on the map and see the estimated elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location OR type an address in to the search box
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Use the address search facility to:
- Find a location
- Find a business nearby
- Any search results will be displayed below the map
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
No map visible.
Does it require flash player ??
I don't allow flash player on my PC.
By Hickory on 29th November 2017
Hi FAI, sorry, that's not possible to do.
By Free Map Tools on 27th November 2017
What is the way to measure mean elevation of an area?
By FAI on 27th November 2017
Very simple and effective, thank you. Brilliant.
By Geesee on 26th November 2017
Glen, the best answer I can give is here.
By Free Map Tools on 26th November 2017
is this NAVD or NGVD?
By Glen on 21st November 2017
When was the elevation being measured? I would like to know the exact month and year.
By HC on 16th November 2017
Why is there a 300' to 400' difference between the address of the property and the 'latitude/ longitude measurement?
By Jim on 5th November 2017
Amazing! I couldn't find our elevation info anywhere. Then I found this. Thank you!!!
On 4th November 2017
Thanks for the map and information
By Robert on 4th November 2017
By Biruk on 1st November 2017
What is the source of the data? Are you sure these elevations are from the mean sea level?
By Harry on 27th October 2017
Sarah, the best answer I can give is here.
By Free Map Tools on 25th October 2017
what level datum is used for the elevations?
By Sarah on 25th October 2017
wow! thank you so much! really helpful
By amalina on 16th October 2017
It really helps me in my hiking and traveling tours towards Pakistani Mountains,
By Shan on 15th October 2017
Excellent! Working accurately. Thanks to developers, you guys are doing a great job.
By Hemmy on 10th October 2017
The elevation is from mean sea level.
By Free Map Tools on 8th October 2017
By Andy on 8th October 2017
What is the elevation measured in? Is it Ordinance Datum or Chart Datum?
On 6th October 2017
Showing the most recent 20 out of 326 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: