This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Click on the map or input a location below to find the elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 9th April 2019 - Click/tap on a marker to remove it
- 10th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
Hi The elevation is relative to the geoid, or ellipsoid?
By Jhonny on 25th January 2021
i don`t get this tab!!!!!!
On 20th January 2021
Farid, thanks for reporting this. It should now be resolved.
By Free Map Tools on 18th January 2021
We cannot help from this time everywhere or all time Why. We want to search elevation of place. give chance
By Mohammod Abdur Rahim on 16th January 2021
Thank you Freemaptools, it works.
Notes: On Mozilla Firefox on Android Nougat the "estimate elevation" button is hidden when the page is initialy loaded. I have to switch option in the option box multiple times to make the "estimate elevation" button visible. Once the "estimate elevation" button is visible I select lat-long option and then press that button, and then the elevation data is shown right bellow the map. I don't know if that was the page intended design or not but since I read several user comments of the page not working so I put this notes for other users who perhaps experiencing similar problem.
By Farid H. Sazali on 15th January 2021
Elevation of Pine co
On 6th January 2021
Does not tell me the elevation for where I live
By Jane on 5th January 2021
not sure who is right one site said 2248 another 2500 and your 2824.8 so I don't know any more thin I did
On 5th January 2021
Fabulous, I live underwater
By Capt Nemo on 26th December 2020
Babu Rao used it to calculate elevation,thank you
By Babu Rao Ganpat Rao aapte on 22nd December 2020
Dose not work
By William on 15th December 2020
Duncan, are you running any ad blocking or popup blocking extensions?
By Free Map Tools on 12th December 2020
I've used this for years, its great but recently its showing 0 feet all over the map. Seems to be a bug that wasnt there before.
By Duncan on 11th December 2020
very accurate love to use it
By janet hastings on 4th December 2020
Unfortunately, I found this to be COMPLETELY INACCURATE. I live a few blocks away from a creek that flooded back in the 90's, to the point of almost submerging cars. We're on a higher elevation than that area, so the water didn't touch us. But when I checked my location against the location of the creek (where the flood initiated), this said that the creek was nearly 10ft HIGHER than my home. Blatantly false data! I appreciate the ability to check my elevation, but there's no point if the info is wrong.
By Zephyr on 3rd December 2020
wonderful site love how easy it is to use.
By teri french on 3rd December 2020
Seems to be simple and accurate, thanks!
By Espen on 30th November 2020
bruh,very inaccurate,some place was -9999 meters when it was ABOVE sea level at 4749 meters
On 24th November 2020
this tools elevation guesses aren't even close
On 2nd November 2020
Found the 'clear,' is down, below.
By jeves on 25th October 2020
Showing the most recent 20 out of 666 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)