This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Input the latitude and longitude of a point on the map and see the estimated elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location OR type an address in to the search box
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Use the address search facility to:
- Find a location
- Find a business nearby
- Any search results will be displayed below the map
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
March 24, 2017. Nothing happens when I type in a valid address and hit Enter.
By James Thomas on 24th March 2017
Oscar, yes thats correct.
By Free Map Tools on 13th March 2017
Does the meters and feet mean that number is the difference between that location and sea level?
By Oscar on 13th March 2017
Thank you for a great site. Use it for calculating property sizes for gardening. As for the elevation tool, apparently clicking on a map is hard. Good work.
By Island Jade on 5th March 2017
Tool Doesn't work on mobile devices.
On 4th March 2017
is there an API we could use?
By Cip on 3rd March 2017
How accurate is this information? Is it based off of COE measurements? could I rely on this information for survey measurements?
By Greg on 28th February 2017
The altitude of Laramie, WY is 2176.8 m or 7141.9 feet and Location: 41.31082,-105.60333
Took about 2 minutes including typing the comment
On 23rd February 2017
I don't think I'm in a flood zone because we had 16" of rain and my yard never held water Garland
By Garland Latiolais on 19th February 2017
By balaji on 16th February 2017
What a brilliant tool, thank you!
By Steve H on 14th February 2017
Hi, to get the elevation of [Laramie, WY], type it in to the address box, select [Laramie, WY]. Click on the map where you wish to get an elevation reading. In my case I got 2180.9 m.
By Free Map Tools on 9th February 2017
This site suxs. All I want is to the evelation of cities in Wyoming and all it does is keep running you around in circles. Why can't you just give a simple answer to a simple question- What is the altitude of Laramie, WY, but no, you just put in a loop. Worthless site.
On 8th February 2017
Big help thanks.
By CC in the place to be on 7th February 2017
Therese, it is elevation from mean sea level
By Free Map Tools on 31st January 2017
Does this show height above low tide point - ie zero datum, so that the height shown is ~8m less above high tide sea level somewhere like Cornwall, UK? (That is, a height of 18m shown here is only about 10 meters above the spring tide high tide?)
By Therese on 31st January 2017
By Grace Umowuit on 30th January 2017
On 12th January 2017, this has just been added as a feature to Measure Distance on a Map.
By Free Map Tools on 30th January 2017
On 26th January 2017
Excellent tool for walkers.
By Eileen on 23rd January 2017
Showing the most recent 20 out of 214 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: