This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Input the latitude and longitude of a point on the map and see the estimated elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location OR type an address in to the search box
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Use the address search facility to:
- Find a location
- Find a business nearby
- Any search results will be displayed below the map
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
On 19th July 2017
It really helps me this time, i thank the creator of this, because my study in research is all about altitude... thank you again..
By Kent Divinagracia on 17th July 2017
it's a great help
By ABHIJITH on 11th July 2017
I think it gives average elevation. The older version was much more accurate.
By pervezak on 11th July 2017
Hi, thank you for creating this site! I have had very little luck getting this information in any useful format anywhere else. However, I second the request to be able to download this data - it would be fantastic to be able to specify an area and get all the elevations in that area (to a given level of detail) in an ascii or other common format. But either way, thanks again!
On 5th July 2017
It would be good if there was a button to toggle all the elevations on screen at once instead of having to individually press on one at a time to see the elevation number!
By Dasha on 26th June 2017
Hello. Is there anyway the elevation dataset can be downloaded please?
By Jenny on 20th June 2017
On 8th June 2017
On 7th June 2017
Is the elevation is orthometrice height or ellipsoidal ????
By osama on 31st May 2017
Forget that last post. The airports are there if one zooms in large enough
On 23rd May 2017
Fantastic tool. Any chance of adding the world's airports to the map ?
By John on 23rd May 2017
Big help thanks.
On 21st May 2017
On 27th April 2017
This is wonderful website and we Ecotricity Maldives Pvt Ltd Salute you who made this!
By Mohamed Haleem on 12th April 2017
JH, Thanks. Yes, the address search gets the map zoomed to that area. You then need to click or tap on the location for which you want the estimated elevation.
By Free Map Tools on 28th March 2017
Saeed, it can only estimate an elevation at a single requested location and not do a search such as this.
By Free Map Tools on 28th March 2017
James Thomas ... after you type in the address you have to click on the map where you want the elevation numbers from ... then at the bottom you will see your elevation ...
By JH on 28th March 2017
Hello and thank you for your great website.
if there is the possibility to find a certain elevation (like 10 meters) in a selected area?
By Saeed on 28th March 2017
March 24, 2017. Nothing happens when I type in a valid address and hit Enter.
By James Thomas on 24th March 2017
Showing the most recent 20 out of 233 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: