This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Click on the map or input a location below to find the elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 9th April 2019 - Click/tap on a marker to remove it
- 10th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
how to check elevations for a continuous strectch? is it downloadable into excel or pdf format?
By aryan on 17th September 2019
If you change the drop down list to Autosuggest, that is what you can do.
By Free Map Tools on 2nd September 2019
Wish I could just type in a city to get the elevation.
By RV Vagabond Jerry on 1st September 2019
Used GPS setting and worked fine. You see an icon of your location on the map.
By Walster on 31st August 2019
Worked fine from my first attempt. Good tool. It shows good details and info.
On 30th August 2019
works well for me too
By Wari-G on 28th August 2019
So hard to find anything...why can't you use the address search???
On 27th August 2019
How do I view the Legend?
By MG on 27th August 2019
Not sure what people are talking about, works just fine for me.
On 24th August 2019
Feeds you useless, unreliable info
On 22nd August 2019
By lil squid on 22nd August 2019
Worked to start with, now (2 days later)just defaults to -9999 metres for anywhere and everywhere. Refreshing doesn't help. Rebooting doesn't help. Glad I didn't pay for it, because it isn't worth anything :-)
On 21st August 2019
Works for me
On 19th August 2019
this app is baloney, clicked on seawater - says 0m then i moved it a little bit but still at sea waster - it suddenly tells 6 meters. WTF
On 8th August 2019
It went crazy and it says 292.3 feet. I'm in the mountains, so it should be higher.
On 7th August 2019
Not working. -9999.0m in 3 different browsers. Used to work fine. Please fix!
On 5th August 2019
Can't be trusted, shows beginning of a short bridge 164 m, center 153 m, other end 160 m. I know for sure the bridge arches up, not down.
By Orim on 30th July 2019
This app was so quick and helpful. I plan on taking more road trips and it will be interesting keeping track, especially throughout the mountains
On 26th July 2019
its verry usefull fantastic.
By Maheash on 19th July 2019
I just checked elevation between Phoenix and Dallas along the highways and even the peaks for reference. I dropped a couple hundred pins. It worked perfectly. Using Microsoft Edge on Win 10 Pro v1903 (latest)
By Paulie on 15th July 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 538 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)