This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Click on the map or input a location below to find the elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- 9th April 2019 - Click/tap on a marker to remove it
- 10th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
12001 pine needle lane miami . fl . 33166
By dawn casale on 25th January 2020
We can have our own water storages in QwaQwa
By Ernest Finky Fukisi on 23rd January 2020
Works well and quickly. Thank you
By Anne on 23rd January 2020
How can i get elevation dataset for all the streets of a specific place?
By AL AMIN on 22nd January 2020
Is there any way to get elevation offline
By isuru maldeniya on 17th January 2020
I draw a path from west to east in my area (outcrop site)and I found a maizing profile result of different elevation along the traverse line. But I wondering that how accurate this profile and its relative to what?
By Majmou Obeid Thabit on 16th January 2020
worked for me. Thanks!
On 16th January 2020
By disappointed on 11th January 2020
Pretty much useless
On 10th January 2020
I'd rather be able to search an area for an elevation. I want to see where in the US is the elevation between a certain height... kinda like a coded map I input say between 3000ft and 6000ft and it shades in the areas that match.
By Sonya Blakowich on 9th January 2020
Why can't I see the elevation?
On 8th January 2020
Show the mean sea level of my location
By Bhababni sankar swain on 4th January 2020
It would be great if it shows also a horizontal distance if I mark two points. It would be very helfpul for calculating a grade.
By Lukasz on 1st January 2020
elevation up and running again. thank you.
On 31st December 2019
When will the elevation estimate be working again? 12/31/19
By DF on 31st December 2019
Elevation changed 60 feet in a few days
Something seems wrong
On 27th December 2019
Excellent tool. Very Useful. Easy to use, designed in a very user friendly way. Thank you !!
By Dinesh on 27th December 2019
In Inverness, the Kessock bridge comes up as 0m and 0ft PLEASE FIX THIS
By Komoot User on 13th December 2019
Worked fine. Gave me a reasonable estimate of my locations height above sea level. If u need an accurate reading, pay for an OS map!
By Simon on 10th December 2019
Can be very useful for a freebie, but to be used with care; i live on a steep hill and all houses are registered as the same level.
By G on 2nd December 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 578 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)