This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Click on the map or input a location below to find the elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- Elevations below zero are not returned and will instead report 0m
- 25th June 2023 - Bug fix. Some southern hemisphere locations did not return data
- 21st December 2022 - New data source fre
- 9th April 2019 - Click/tap on a marker to remove it
- 10th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
So far this is the most accurate of the altitude maps. My house had a minimum height above sea level to meet code and it was set at 11ft above sea level. This map returned 11.4ft! That's about as dead on as it gets!
By Ray on 3rd December 2023
By Ali on 1st December 2023
this is the coolest in the world!
By ta on 29th November 2023
THis is the best one I have ever found! I love it.
By Ta on 28th November 2023
By Ta on 27th November 2023
On 20th November 2023
Finally!! (Don't know why Google Maps doesn't purchase this useful tool!!!)
By Cotter on 19th November 2023
It's very useful to create a general overview for some quick consideration of the area
On 18th November 2023
nice very informative.. now I can see all the trails around my area...
On 12th November 2023
Very impressive. Love it
On 8th November 2023
By Afa on 2nd November 2023
Very useful, love it
By Wan on 1st November 2023
Every point shows an elevation of -999.0m
I have used this in the past with no issues
On 18th October 2023
en el fraccionamiento Puerta Grande de la ciudad de Reynosa, estado de Tamaulipas, en Mexico arroja datos sin variaciones, cuando si las hay, espero puedan actualizar, gracias
By Luis Garza on 5th October 2023
how can I give real data to the system? it's very off in my location
On 5th October 2023
If I enter the coordinates of Isla de los Lobos -31.95027,-71.52960 - should be around sea level - the result is 875.7 m at -30.75467,-70.90055
Bug? Nice tool though.
By Hugo on 4th October 2023
Seems to work fine on 12 September, 2023. Checked it's accuracy for locations I knew the elevation of and it is accurate. Tapped on locations slightly higher than those I knew and the results made sense. I appreciate having access to this tool.
By Mark on 12th September 2023
On 10th September 2023
By Art on 9th September 2023
Useful, it would be better if we can download the elevation to created the elevation graph from 1st to last point that we selected.
By L on 8th September 2023
Showing the most recent 20 out of 912 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)