This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Click on the map or input a location below to find the elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- Elevations below zero are not returned and will instead report 0m
- 9th April 2019 - Click/tap on a marker to remove it
- 10th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
Make a flood map. an alternative web site doesn't work.
On 19th January 2022
Very nice site lots of info easy to handle
By Richard on 15th January 2022
bg, you can switch on the satellite view by using the icon at the top right of the map.
By Free Map Tools on 14th January 2022
Needs satellite view so i can see where my garden starts and ends so i gave get the height at both ends
By bg on 14th January 2022
It will not let me continue to sign up because the optional box will not register whether something us in it or not
On 29th December 2021
levels are at least 2mtrs out on my place showed where its flooded was higher than where it wasnt ????
On 5th December 2021
how the coordinates on the site are effective on GIS cards
By Farrukh on 17th November 2021
Excellent system, gave me the elevation for a remote house on the mountainside in Madeira. Used Google Maps to find the long and lat, easy peasy.
By MikeG on 17th November 2021
The map isn't accurate. My road is not shown, only a nearby stream ...
By Rusheen More on 12th November 2021
have written you the past eight months, still cooks and cooks and does nothing.
On 12th November 2021
I use this tool to acquire elevation information to assist botanical identifications. It works very well for me on the Safari browser.
By ellen5 on 8th November 2021
doesn't work. All ocean clicks are -9999m and all land clicks are 0.00m.
By Glenn on 6th November 2021
do one for ocean depth too
By odin gra on 25th October 2021
mogao bi i gro plan, za uvecanje mape. do 1m
By markogarin on 17th October 2021
By Roger son on 9th October 2021
Awesome. Best altitude map out there!
By Ivan on 9th October 2021
I love it. App would be better
By Tony on 30th September 2021
Great for finding height AMSL before flying RPA AGL.Height AGL + AMSL gives total height AMSL which can conflict with GA aircraft flying AMSL.
On 19th September 2021
By rt on 14th September 2021
This Elevation Finder page is excellent and works well.
By DaveW on 13th September 2021
Showing the most recent 20 out of 755 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)