This tool can be used to find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth. Click/tap the map or type the address in the text box.
Find Elevation Map
Click on the map or input a location below to find the elevation.
To use the elevation finder tool:
- Zoom and pan the map to find the desired location
- Click on the map to place a marker
- You will then see the estimated elevation displayed below the map.
- Click again to place further markers and find the elevation
- You can find the elevation of any old marker by hovering over the marker with your mouse.
- Click clear map to remove all markers from the map
- Elevations below zero are not returned and will instead report 0m
- 21st December 2022 - New data source
- 9th April 2019 - Click/tap on a marker to remove it
- 10th September 2018 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 11th March 2018 - Estimated elevation now changes as the Street View position changes
- 3rd November 2016 - Changes to number of decimal places in elevation reading and latitude/longitude
- 4th August 2015 - latitude and longitude of location displayed below the map
- 1st August 2015 - New option to estimate elevation by inputting latitude and longitude
- 14th November 2013 - New search tool
- 12th August 2010 - initial version
Comments For This Page
If you're using your cell phone, try double clicking. This worked on my Android.
By Kimberly on 23rd May 2023
useless search doesn't work
On 23rd May 2023
By EC on 23rd May 2023
By reza on 20th May 2023
not working again "-999.0 m or -3277.6 feet"
By mike on 18th May 2023
Its helped me a lot thank you
By Newbestinfo on 17th May 2023
Yury, it should now be working again.
By Free Map Tools on 16th May 2023
For some reason started showing elevation as "-999.0 m or -3277.6 feet" pretty much everywhere...
Was very useful tool before. Would appreciate if you guys fix it. Thank you so much for maintaining it, it's an awesome tool!
By Yury on 16th May 2023
When I used this 2 years ago, I could zoom in 2 clicks and the place name would show up. Doesn't work now.
On 14th May 2023
Seems to be accurate within a few feet.
On 10th May 2023
The map of India is wrong, that%u2019s the reason not going ahead to use this app for my next trip
On 29th April 2023
How do I find the highest point between two points? I'm trying to do a long distance laser experiment but I'm limited to certain areas due to airport proximities
On 27th April 2023
This is tedious and useless, just like all the elevation finders on the web are.
By Me on 26th April 2023
By DT on 13th April 2023
what DEM you use for the database in south america?
By Benjamin on 9th April 2023
elevation everywhere, over 1500m
On 28th March 2023
I loved it the first time and after that it never worked again ... just no box appears to ask for an 'estimated elevation' for lat/long. Only if I choose free text and then back again to lat/long, but it never works when I click on it. Shame.
By GMH on 27th March 2023
By Soumava Basu on 23rd March 2023
On 22nd March 2023
How can I see the altitude and above determined on the map? For example, 1500 meters and above places
By Orhan on 19th March 2023
Showing the most recent 20 out of 877 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)