Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Show Centre Marker? Show Zip Code Labels?
ZIP Markers? US County Borders? Show ZIP Boundaries for ZIPs in radius? Exclude PO Boxes ?
States To Include :
Note : Units (km/miles) can be toggled using the User Menu at the top right of this page
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius areas [1 vote]
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 17th October 2018 : Version 4.5 - Bug Fix - Resolved issue with Copy To Clipboard button not working
- 6th October 2018 : Version 4.4 - Update - count of ZIPs now reacts to filtering in/out states
- 20th September 2018 : Version 4.3 - Bug Fixes
- 11th September 2018 : Version 4.2 - Fixed issue with marker tooltip and pop-ups not appearing correctly. Fixed issue with Exclude PO Boxes option having the inverse effect
- 10th September 2018 : Version 4.1 - Fixed issue with maximum radius, issue with state filter and issue with some ZIP codes not being found
- 28th August 2018 : Version 4.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 3.12 - New option [Exclude PO Boxes]
- 1st April 2017 : Version 3.11 - Bug fix for selected states functionality
- 20th March 2017 : Version 3.10 - Output can be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
By Ben on 13th May 2021
Please explore your API. Other developer will use your API and get benefit.
On 10th May 2021
Include zip codes in columbia as well
On 6th May 2021
Just Wow! Thank you for developing, maintaining and sharing this extremely useful tool!!!
By Tony C on 23rd April 2021
I second the suggestion of Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius areas.
On 14th April 2021
This website is so cool! I've found so much use for it, thanks a ton! Definitely will be donating.
By Mark on 13th April 2021
AMAZING! Fast and quick! Thank you so so much!
By LA on 8th April 2021
This is an amazing tool. It will save me hours.
By John on 7th April 2021
Great tool, thanks for taking the time to develop saved me hours!
By Brody on 16th March 2021
Just dropping a note to say how much I appreciate this! I use it all the time for work, don't know what I'd do without it. Will be donating to keep it going. Thanks!
On 22nd February 2021
Amazing tool, thank you!
By Will on 17th February 2021
I would donate if there was an option to have a list of JUST the counties in a radius. Having to sort through them all is a bit of a pain.
By Reggie on 11th February 2021
we only want NV
By Tony Collins on 10th February 2021
How can I import a list of zip codes and get a list of zip codes back within 5 miles and within 10 miles?
By Amy Thompson on 22nd January 2021
This is a GREAT tool. I wish I could download the zips as a CSV file though.
By Anthony on 16th January 2021
thank you. I'm using this for a Coursera Project
On 28th December 2020
By Samaya N Tyson on 7th December 2020
Thank you for providing this invaluable tool!
By William on 4th December 2020
This is amazing. Would like population data.
By steve on 14th November 2020
By Professional Taskmasters LLC on 22nd October 2020
Showing the most recent 20 out of 1051 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)