Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Centre Marker? ZIP Markers? US County Borders? ZIP Boundaries? Exclude PO Boxes ?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Step 2 : Click on map OR Place by location name or ZIP code :
Please Note : 3 or 4 digit ZIPs should be padded with zero's to produce a 5 digit number for the most accurate results. So 544 should be input as 00544.
You can also specify a latitude/longitude in step 2 by wrapping the value in square brackets. For example [36.1743717,-115.1543127] for Las Vegas
States To Include :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 7th April 2018 : Version 3.12 - New option [Exclude PO Boxes]
- 1st April 2017 : Version 3.11 - Bug fix for selected states functionality
- 20th March 2017 : Version 3.10 - Output can be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
good stuff , real cool, glad i found this.
By pg on 16th May 2018
Oohh my, how come I never found this tool all this time. If I end up being a Millionaire, its because of this tool. I ya man, bless!
On 15th May 2018
I would like to be able to exclude zip codes that do not fall completely within the radius
By Brian on 7th May 2018
Dave B, have a look at Find ZIP Codes Inside a User Defined Area.
By Free Map Tools on 7th May 2018
I would like to be able to draw a boarder on the map and get a list of included zip codes.
By David B on 6th May 2018
i have been plumbing for 40 years now i take pride in my work and expect my guys to also im fair on my prices as well
By john on 24th April 2018
we are now servicing PA and Delaware please up date. zip 18704 and 19966
By charlie makarewicz on 20th April 2018
Can you make the radius maps export to kml files?
By Alan Leenhouts on 19th April 2018
It would be helpful to add an option to filter out ZIP codes that are not entirely within the radius.
On 10th April 2018
Cover Up to 100 miles from business location. Far North Lakeland and as far south as port Charlotte, Florida
By Jamie Lake on 10th April 2018
Can't seem to get Canada data...
Can we use this for Canada?
By Tom on 9th April 2018
Hi, How Far is it Between Fort Collins, CO, USA and Quemado, NM, USA shows 470 miles.
By Free Map Tools on 7th April 2018
The distance from Fort Collins, CO to Quemado, NM is 657 miles, but when I do a 500 mile radius of Quemado, NM, Fort Collins, CO shows up in the search.
By Karen on 6th April 2018
I am having a problem with distance. I am asking for a zip radius of 500 miles from Quemado, NM. The results are giving me areas that are 650 miles away. (eg, Fort Collins,CO 80521.
On 6th April 2018
Hi Alex, it would require you to use a spreadsheet application such as Excel or Numbers.
By Free Map Tools on 5th April 2018
Is there a way to put the zip codes in numerical order?
By Alex on 29th March 2018
Hi Kay, please explain how it is not working.
By Free Map Tools on 28th March 2018
I don't believe this is working. Can someone help?
By Kay on 28th March 2018
I use this for my marketing campaigns. Thank you for this.
By Matt on 27th March 2018
Hey, thanks for all the great work!!
By Ken on 22nd March 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 823 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: