Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Show Centre Marker? Show Zip Code Labels?
ZIP Markers? US County Borders? ZIP Boundaries? Exclude PO Boxes ?
States To Include :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 11th September 2018 : Version 4.2 - Fixed issue with marker tooltip and pop-ups not appearing correctly. Fixed issue with Exclude PO Boxes option having the inverse effect
- 10th September 2018 : Version 4.1 - Fixed issue with maximum radius, issue with state filter and issue with some ZIP codes not being found
- 28th August 2018 : Version 4.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 3.12 - New option [Exclude PO Boxes]
- 1st April 2017 : Version 3.11 - Bug fix for selected states functionality
- 20th March 2017 : Version 3.10 - Output can be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
I need a 300 mile radius from 30530
Still not working.
By Lisa on 19th September 2018
Hi Carlye, which search (location and radius) are you doing?
By Free Map Tools on 18th September 2018
Also having the issue of it not giving me zipcode for the radius, only showing a rectangle.
By Carlye on 18th September 2018
Not giving me zipcode for the radius, only showing a rectangle
On 18th September 2018
Will work anywhere in McCurtain County!
By Paul on 12th September 2018
Thanks Shane - update made please retest
By Free Map Tools on 11th September 2018
Great work! The zip list returned is incomplete where I'm looking: Do a 50 mile radius around zip code 33612. Many zip codes are missing that weren't missing in earlier versions. Here are a few: 33586, 33674, 33672, 33524, 33743 and the list goes on (there are as many as 100 missing).
By Shane on 11th September 2018
Hover over zip code or click not working, and when trying to click to adjust at 200-400 mile radius reverts to a rectangle radius and is confusing? Also, clicked zip code not appearing for adjustments like in previous version.
On 11th September 2018
Please switch back to Google Maps - OpenStreetMaps has terrible load times both here and with other tools, Google Maps is much faster to use.
On 11th September 2018
I've used this at work for 3 years now, it is no longer working for me. Just showing a rectangle on the map with no data below.
On 11th September 2018
This doesn't work anymore. No radius comes up, just a square purple screen with no zip codes. What am I doing wrong?
By Katya on 11th September 2018
Sept 10 update makes the tool near unusable for me. Refuses to load most of the time, auto-selects ZIP markers even when turned off. Essentially broken now.. :(
By PJ on 11th September 2018
Not found Denver, CO zips 80237,80231,80222,80111,80014,80210,80246,80247, kept moving out using zips around what i needed found 80110 which worked and yielded results containing all zips listed above.
On 7th September 2018
can anyone guide me how to search for zip codes of Chile - Santiago.
By Yatin on 6th September 2018
I just started and it saved a lot of time from looking up all the zip codes
By Gary on 6th September 2018
a large number of zip codes located close to 90501 say not found. But when searching in another area further away this and the other zip codes show up in the results.
By John on 6th September 2018
76016 yields a "Not Found" error
By Tony on 6th September 2018
This application was perfectly usable a few days ago, now finding any zip code via the search does not work (any zip code searched does not return any results, you now have to manually eyeball your location), copying any data from the search field (using the Copy to Clipboard) button, doesn't work. The changes are pleasing to the eye but all functionality has been trashed. Considering finding another tool. Please fix!
By C on 5th September 2018
@Freemaptools When I use Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius and I click on "Show Centre Marker?" the maker moves around and so does the radius circle removing any zips. When I did this last time in Boise, ID it gave me 40 zips in a 25 mile radius, now it is giving me 32. Also, I cannot copy and paste the zip codes into excel like I used to. I now have to copy the combined portion and do a text to columns to remove the other data
By Jessica on 5th September 2018
re "zip code not found", what ZIP did you type in?
By Free Map Tools on 5th September 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 874 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: