Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Show Centre Marker? Show Zip Code Labels?
ZIP Markers? US County Borders? ZIP Boundaries? Exclude PO Boxes ?
States To Include :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 17th October 2018 : Version 4.5 - Bug Fix - Resolved issue with Copy To Clipboard button not working
- 6th October 2018 : Version 4.4 - Update - count of ZIPs now reacts to filtering in/out states
- 20th September 2018 : Version 4.3 - Bug Fixes
- 11th September 2018 : Version 4.2 - Fixed issue with marker tooltip and pop-ups not appearing correctly. Fixed issue with Exclude PO Boxes option having the inverse effect
- 10th September 2018 : Version 4.1 - Fixed issue with maximum radius, issue with state filter and issue with some ZIP codes not being found
- 28th August 2018 : Version 4.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 3.12 - New option [Exclude PO Boxes]
- 1st April 2017 : Version 3.11 - Bug fix for selected states functionality
- 20th March 2017 : Version 3.10 - Output can be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Thank you to the creator of this site. This is an amazing tool for people who are working on and with geo data.
By DJ on 22nd January 2019
There is no one-step option to do that. A suggestion is to run the 2 searches and subtract the common ZIPs.
By Free Map Tools on 21st January 2019
Is there an option to see zip codes from a range of miles. For example, 50-100 miles away
On 21st January 2019
Can you confirm if the map appears at all when the page loads?
By Free Map Tools on 10th January 2019
doesnt work. i have tried microsoft edge, internet explorer, firefox, each with a variety of zip codes and radius. neither map or any output box show anything. havent had to use this in awhile, but it used to be the absolute best thing online.
On 10th January 2019
Is there a way to remove the pin points from the map and just show the radius circle only?
By User on 7th January 2019
WOW. What an awesome free tool. I get request all the time for a zip code radius. Only regret is it took too long to find this wonderful web page.
By Karleen on 4th January 2019
THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS
By Mynor R Morales on 15th December 2018
Hi, the [Toggle CSV or New line] button is meant to help this process.
By Free Map Tools on 12th December 2018
Please provide the zips in a list format so that it can be copied and pasted in Excel or Google docs in individual cells.
On 10th December 2018
Thanks Greg, you are right, there was a bug that has since been fixed. Thanks for reporting this.
By Free Map Tools on 29th November 2018
There is an off-by one error in the count of the numb er of zip codes returned.
For instance, a 5 mile radius around lat/long 32.85613, -96.747168000000002 gives a list of 14 zip codes:
but the label says:
Done (13 unique postcodes found)
By Greg on 28th November 2018
Hi Kevin, can you confirm the search (base zip) and example of a zip result 80 miles away? Thanks
By Free Map Tools on 26th November 2018
I am trying to search all Zipcodes within 50 miles of a particular zip code. I have 50 in the miles box but I am getting locations up to 80 miles away?
By Kevin H on 26th November 2018
Is it possible to obtain list of streets within a radius for a given zip code?
On 19th November 2018
Very helpful for my daughters Gold Project for Girl Scouts! Thank you!
By Eric on 15th November 2018
Great tool! Gives me the information that I need.
On 15th November 2018
Awesome tool! Thanks!
By Pete on 13th November 2018
What am I doing wrong? - Nothing, that sounds right. Can you try (1) a different center ZIP, (2) the same thing on a different browser? and confirm the results please.
By Free Map Tools on 4th November 2018
This site is not working for me again. I am looking to find zip codes/states within 30 and/or 40 miles of a zip code. When I type that information in and hit search, nothing happens! What am I doing wrong?
On 2nd November 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 911 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: