Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show ZIP Markers? Show US County Borders? Show ZIP Boundaries?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Step 2 : Click on map OR Place by location name or ZIP code :
Please Note : 3 or 4 digit ZIPs should be padded with zero's to produce a 5 digit number for the most accurate results. So 544 should be input as 00544.
You can also specify a latitude/longitude in step 2 by wrapping the value in square brackets. For example [36.1743717,-115.1543127] for Las Vegas
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- Allow output to be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Previous Comments For This Page
Get in contact to discuss.
By Free Map Tools on 11th January 2017
API for this
On 11th January 2017
80 Mile radius from Show Site
By Maryland Road Show on 3rd January 2017
I Randy's Tv Waynesville , oh. can do these zip codes
By Randy Karns on 26th December 2016
thanks so much, we needed this for our small business
By Marilyn on 21st December 2016
Im not 100% sure 45400 is a valid ZIP. 45401 is. To avoid any doubt you can type Dayton Ohio in the search box.
By Free Map Tools on 12th December 2016
Entering Zip code 45400 for Dayton Ohio is returning one zip code only (99731 for AK). I guess this can't be relied upon for Ohio zip codes!
On 12th December 2016
On 6th December 2016
75 mile radius coverage
By wayne on 29th November 2016
Hi Bob, so you want to feed in your customer list and to output which of your customers are within X miles of a center point?
By Free Map Tools on 23rd November 2016
How best sort a national customer list in excel against this? If finding records that have matching zips,it would be too long of a excel formula w several hundted or thousand zips. Any way to have your tool output a range or a set of numerical zip ranges?
By Bob on 22nd November 2016
How best sort a national customer list in excel against this? If finding records that have matching zips,it would be too long of a excel formula w several hundted or thousand zips. Any way to have your tool output a range o ra set of numerical zip ramges?
By Bob on 22nd November 2016
we want this task programmatically like c#
On 14th November 2016
Hi Adam, it is not possible to do batch processing on this page. However, there are API options available if you want to get in contact to discuss.
By Free Map Tools on 13th November 2016
Is it possible to do batch requests? For instance, a CSV of [charlotte,nc,50,m] would return all zips within 50mi of Charlotte, NC.
By Adam E on 12th November 2016
It is not possible to export to a Excel file format but you can copy and paste the text to a CSV text file and open in Excel
By Free Map Tools on 4th November 2016
Can you export the data to excel?
On 4th November 2016
Atlanta and surrounding areas
By Asad Anwer on 2nd November 2016
Hi Shawn, you can use the CSV output from the last text box to filter the rows by state in a Spreadsheet application.
By Free Map Tools on 1st November 2016
Is there away to eliminate states for the search. For example..I want to search all zip codes in a 100 mile radius from 12477, but only want the New York state zip codes?
By shawn bodie on 1st November 2016
Showing the most recent 20 out of 671 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: