Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show US County Borders? Show ZIP Boundaries?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Step 2 : Click on map OR Place by location name or ZIP code :
Please Note : 3 or 4 digit ZIPs should be padded with zero's to produce a 5 digit number for the most accurate results. So 544 should be input as 00544.
You can also specify a latitude/longitude in step 2 by wrapping the value in square brackets. For example [36.1743717,-115.1543127] for Las Vegas
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Previous Comments For This Page
Love the tool. It would be nice to be able to parse records in a csv file using the zip codes returned.
By Sharon on 26th September 2016
Hi, can I ask what the general use for this is? Depending on how useful a new feature is to most users it can be added.
By Free Map Tools on 26th September 2016
it would be awesome if we could pull zip codes from in between two radii as well! :) PLEASE!!
On 24th September 2016
By satish on 21st September 2016
Hi, you can toggle the units in the User Menu found near the top right of the page. Inside Settings
By Free Map Tools on 21st September 2016
Wish the distance in the output was in miles
On 21st September 2016
Bob W. , please have a look at Find ZIP Codes Inside a User Defined Area.
By Free Map Tools on 21st September 2016
Is it possible to supply map points which could describe an irregular shape and determine the zip codes within that shape? For example: the FCC supplies map 360 degrees of map points to describe the broadcast area of a TV station. These are rarely circular.
By Bob W. on 20th September 2016
Actually you can copy your zip codes for for use, by copy and paste to word.
By Chuck on 5th September 2016
50 miles range
By 50 miles range on 5th September 2016
Hi Marty, you can switch to full screen mode and print from the browser.
By Free Map Tools on 2nd September 2016
Can you print out the zip codes?
By Marty on 1st September 2016
Dwain, thanks for the complements. If you could Like and share https://www.freemaptools.com/ on social media, this will help us.
By Free Map Tools on 30th August 2016
This is amazing!!! How can you do it with little advertising and free?
By Dwain on 28th August 2016
On 23rd August 2016
Hi David, sorry this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 19th August 2016
Is it possible to pass URI vars to this page to dynamically generate results? i.e. ?zip=12345&radius=25 ?
By David on 18th August 2016
I used San Marcos as the center of the radius for a test.
By Charlie Avrin on 12th August 2016
Things should now be back in good order. Sorry for the issues
By Free Map Tools on 11th August 2016
Try 04645, an island off the coast of maine. No data is returned at any distance, but the island is only 7 miles from other zips.
On 11th August 2016
Showing the most recent 20 out of 639 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: