Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Show Centre Marker? Show Zip Code Labels?
ZIP Markers? US County Borders? ZIP Boundaries? Exclude PO Boxes ?
States To Include :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 17th October 2018 : Version 4.5 - Bug Fix - Resolved issue with Copy To Clipboard button not working
- 6th October 2018 : Version 4.4 - Update - count of ZIPs now reacts to filtering in/out states
- 20th September 2018 : Version 4.3 - Bug Fixes
- 11th September 2018 : Version 4.2 - Fixed issue with marker tooltip and pop-ups not appearing correctly. Fixed issue with Exclude PO Boxes option having the inverse effect
- 10th September 2018 : Version 4.1 - Fixed issue with maximum radius, issue with state filter and issue with some ZIP codes not being found
- 28th August 2018 : Version 4.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 3.12 - New option [Exclude PO Boxes]
- 1st April 2017 : Version 3.11 - Bug fix for selected states functionality
- 20th March 2017 : Version 3.10 - Output can be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
On 15th March 2019
Lifesaver!!! Thank you!!!
On 10th March 2019
Yes, that is how I've been trying and still no luck.
By MM on 27th February 2019
MM, to avoid any wrong assumptions, do you input the data like this [screenshot]?
By Free Map Tools on 25th February 2019
When I click on the map, it populates information for zips inside 30 miles from where I click. It does not allow me to enter my own fields and search myself. I did not have any success searching 30 miles from 10118 which worked on your end. I have tried in different browsers and have also cleared my cache. My coworkers have not had any success using this tool anymore either. Thank you for trying to find a solution!
By MM on 25th February 2019
I love it!!!!
By powder on 25th February 2019
Great tool. I dig it.
On 20th February 2019
I'd love it if I could choose which counties to include and exclude
On 15th February 2019
By Free Map Tools on 12th February 2019
My inputs are number radii ranging from 30 to 50. I need to search by zip code, so I always have it set to that option on the drop down menu. The button I see says "draw radius," but when I click on it, nothing happens - the map does not zoom in or highlight the area I selected and the text boxes below remain empty. I appreciate your help with this!
By MM on 12th February 2019
Very useful. Thanks!
By Jim Webre on 10th February 2019
Bravo for creating this tool!
By Mark on 8th February 2019
MM, what parameters are you using? What radius (number) and ZIP code? Q: Is the drop down list on #2 set to "Zip Code". Q: Is it the [Search] button you press? Q: What happens if you choose [Auto Suggest] on the drop down list and input New York City and click on it?
By Free Map Tools on 7th February 2019
Still not working for me. Trying to type in radius and zip code (not copy and pasting) and when I hit "draw radius" button, absolutely nothing happens.
By MM on 7th February 2019
Not sure where the base data for this comes from, but I was trying to find a list of zip codes within 50 miles of 75240 (Dallas, TX, USA)and it seems there were at least two zip codes that were left off (75036, 75072).
By Ben on 4th February 2019
Is there any way to make the city list given alphabetical order?
By jay on 28th January 2019
Hi, Is it possible to use your web service to get results?
By Saranya on 26th January 2019
Please pull results for January for these zip codes. Thank you
By Alec Tuckman on 26th January 2019
This is a beautiful tool. It would have been better with downloading option.
By Matt Rios on 25th January 2019
MM, no changes have been made and all looks functional at this side. What parameters are you using?
By Free Map Tools on 25th January 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 933 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: