Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show ZIP Markers? Show US County Borders? Show ZIP Boundaries?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Step 2 : Click on map OR Place by location name or ZIP code :
Please Note : 3 or 4 digit ZIPs should be padded with zero's to produce a 5 digit number for the most accurate results. So 544 should be input as 00544.
You can also specify a latitude/longitude in step 2 by wrapping the value in square brackets. For example [36.1743717,-115.1543127] for Las Vegas
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- Allow output to be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Previous Comments For This Page
Thanks for developing this great tool! Huge help!
On 22nd February 2017
Love it - thank you!
By Sue on 21st February 2017
This is a huge help!!!
Thank you for making so many of my jobs easier!
By LaShawn Ingram on 21st February 2017
Thanks for this!!!
On 21st February 2017
servicing Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas
By JOE JONES on 15th February 2017
This is awesome - thank you for taking time to develop this.
By David on 15th February 2017
By Aldo on 13th February 2017
Hi Aldo, its not possible to show them all on the map at once. The best that can be done is click/tap a marker to see the ZIP code number displayed below the map.
By Free Map Tools on 12th February 2017
Is there a way to see zip code NUMBER on map??
By Aldo on 11th February 2017
By Don on 10th February 2017
Thanks for the suggestion Brian. It has just been added.
By Free Map Tools on 8th February 2017
If you could add a copy to clipboard button, that would be GREAT for those of us on a smartphone that can't select all - otherwise, this is a great find!
By Brian on 8th February 2017
Brilliant, and so simple. Thanks!
By Tom on 8th February 2017
Saved me so much time! Thank you!
On 3rd February 2017
Thanks! This is awesome
On 2nd February 2017
Thank you for making this!!!!
By Ruthie N on 1st February 2017
Thanks for this money making tool
On 30th January 2017
Hi, for Canada, use this : Find Canadian Postcodes Inside a Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 26th January 2017
This is such a tremendous help!!
Do you offer the ability to pull Canadian postal codes?
By Teq on 25th January 2017
Thank you for making this. This is of great help
On 25th January 2017
Showing the most recent 20 out of 692 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: