Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show ZIP Markers? Show US County Borders? Show ZIP Boundaries?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Step 2 : Click on map OR Place by location name or ZIP code :
Please Note : 3 or 4 digit ZIPs should be padded with zero's to produce a 5 digit number for the most accurate results. So 544 should be input as 00544.
You can also specify a latitude/longitude in step 2 by wrapping the value in square brackets. For example [36.1743717,-115.1543127] for Las Vegas
States To Include :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 1st April 2017 : Version 3.11 - Bug fix for selected states functionality
- 20th March 2017 : Version 3.10 - Output can be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Perfect for my task to find zipcodes with 30 miles of my college. Thanks.
On 13th January 2018
We reside in Canada
By Marc Pharand on 12th January 2018
Hi Jeremy, you would need to use the Find ZIP Codes Inside a User Defined Area as the place to load the saved area rather than the radius page. Also you need to use the User Manager (found on top right of screen) to save then load the area.
By Free Map Tools on 4th January 2018
I used How Far Can I Travel and exported the XML file. I'm having no luck importing that data to Find Zip Codes Inside a Radius.
By Jeremy on 3rd January 2018
We service all of Chicago and 10miles out of the city
By Jamie Nero on 3rd January 2018
Hi TAYLOR, on this page it is one-at-at-a-time. If you which to discuss bulk processing or API access, please get in contact directly.
By Free Map Tools on 23rd December 2017
is there a way to get a radius around multiple zip codes instead of doing it 1 by 1?
By TAYLOR on 22nd December 2017
Hi Maria, the only way to get Counties is from the Combined output text box.
By Free Map Tools on 19th December 2017
I love your tools, they are super helpful in my line of work. Would it be possible to include Counties as an output, too?
By Maria on 19th December 2017
Hi Natalie, was it a KML or XML that was output from How Far Can I Travel?
By Free Map Tools on 12th December 2017
Check this out : Find ZIP Codes Inside State County City.
By Free Map Tools on 12th December 2017
Hi, would it be possible to generate a list of zip codes by state? For example, I need all zip codes in state of Rhode Island, etc
On 11th December 2017
I love this tool, but it's not letting me upload the xml file that I downloaded from the How Far Can I travel tool. Help? Thanks!
By Natalie on 6th December 2017
Justin, sorry this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 6th December 2017
Is there a way to filter cities by population?
By Justin on 6th December 2017
We work about a 40 to 50 Miles out from springfield. We are also looking to do work in Fredericksburg soon.
Thank you for your time and patience
By Jimmy H. on 30th November 2017
It would be great if in the future we would be able to adjust the "radius" on the map. Sometime we might be looking for a standard radius, but moreso people along the coast line.
By PhilippG on 29th November 2017
Hi Philip, please have a look at Find ZIP Codes Inside State County City.
By Free Map Tools on 24th November 2017
Great tool! Better than anything else I've come across.
Would be great to be able to generate a list of all zipcodes within a specific County.
By Philip on 24th November 2017
would be great if you added in legislative districts
On 1st November 2017
Showing the most recent 20 out of 784 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: