Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Show Centre Marker? Show Zip Code Labels?
ZIP Markers? US County Borders? Show ZIP Boundaries for ZIPs in radius? Exclude PO Boxes ?
States To Include :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 17th October 2018 : Version 4.5 - Bug Fix - Resolved issue with Copy To Clipboard button not working
- 6th October 2018 : Version 4.4 - Update - count of ZIPs now reacts to filtering in/out states
- 20th September 2018 : Version 4.3 - Bug Fixes
- 11th September 2018 : Version 4.2 - Fixed issue with marker tooltip and pop-ups not appearing correctly. Fixed issue with Exclude PO Boxes option having the inverse effect
- 10th September 2018 : Version 4.1 - Fixed issue with maximum radius, issue with state filter and issue with some ZIP codes not being found
- 28th August 2018 : Version 4.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 3.12 - New option [Exclude PO Boxes]
- 1st April 2017 : Version 3.11 - Bug fix for selected states functionality
- 20th March 2017 : Version 3.10 - Output can be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
To copy to Excel - Copy to clipboard, paste into Excel, then copy the entire row that's been pasted and paste it using the TRANSPOSE function into a column. (Google how to transpose columns and rows)
On 24th January 2020
No, it's up as far as we can see. Please try a different browser and/or search and see if that makes a difference?
By Free Map Tools on 22nd January 2020
Unable to utilize the tool - is it down?
By Brenda on 22nd January 2020
Taylor, sorry, it is one-by-one only.
By Free Map Tools on 22nd January 2020
Is there a way to do 15 miles around multiple zips? I have a list of 50+ and don't want to do each individually.
By Taylor on 22nd January 2020
Is there a way of exporting this information to excel? Like we used to do?
Please fix the button??
By Ryan Kloess on 10th January 2020
it would be great if you had a button that allowed export to excel... the CSV route does not work with Chrome.
By Steve on 20th December 2019
Post Codes for download
By Venkatesh on 17th December 2019
i would like there to be a way to find all the zip codes within an area code.
On 22nd November 2019
Looking forwarded to working with your company.
By patti caho on 20th November 2019
Useful tool and a much needed upgrade to other tools that I have found. Within an area of interest could we highlight the name of the biggest suburb/town. Ability to exclude the time zone from the Combined section (minor), I find it hard to read through the darker red portion of the map when I am trying to actually look at the map under a zip area. Again the tool is very useful and easy to use; my observations are wish list items. thanks
By Roni on 18th November 2019
Please include Illinois
By Ken Graney, Ken Graney General on 11th November 2019
how do i get suburbs list of particular city or county?
On 9th November 2019
I want to sign up for contractors
By James Dannenmueller on 6th November 2019
We cover all counties in Tennessee
On 5th November 2019
look in the Combined text box
By Free Map Tools on 31st October 2019
how can find counties on radius
By sam on 30th October 2019
Hi Phil, Search by ZIP seems to be working OK, which ZIP did you use? The State filter is for the output, not the auto-suggest.
By Free Map Tools on 24th October 2019
Search by zip is not working.
When using auto suggest, results are not culling when eliminating states under 'state filter' Thanks!
By Phil on 24th October 2019
I will send you A list of zip codes that I wont to work in septrutly
By Dennis showers on 19th September 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 988 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)