Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show ZIP Markers? Show US County Borders? Show ZIP Boundaries?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Step 2 : Click on map OR Place by location name or ZIP code :
Please Note : 3 or 4 digit ZIPs should be padded with zero's to produce a 5 digit number for the most accurate results. So 544 should be input as 00544.
You can also specify a latitude/longitude in step 2 by wrapping the value in square brackets. For example [36.1743717,-115.1543127] for Las Vegas
States To Include :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 1st April 2017 : Version 3.11 - Bug fix for selected states functionality
- 20th March 2017 : Version 3.10 - Output can be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
we have 2 3years experience tachnicians
By ji ha on 14th March 2018
Taitam, sorry this is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 13th March 2018
Is there a way to eliminate zips 1 by one within the radius?
By Taitam on 13th March 2018
On 1st March 2018
Hi Matthew, to do this type them in on-by-one. If you wish to discuss custom batch work, please get in contact.
By Free Map Tools on 22nd February 2018
hello, i am trying to find the zip codes that fall within 10 miles and 20 miles of 233 zip codes I have. How can I input these?
By Matthew on 22nd February 2018
Hi Antoni, we do have some in place. See this page for an overview.
By Free Map Tools on 12th February 2018
is it possible for you to build the same tool for Europen countries? Poland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium or Austria?
By Antoni on 9th February 2018
Hi DonK, thats correct. For performance reasons it wouldn't be feasible to offer that option. There would be a lot more number crunching to do.
By Free Map Tools on 8th February 2018
A toggle for "any part of a ZIP code" inside radius would be useful. The tool seems to only select ZIPs with center point inside radius (is that correct?)
By DonK on 7th February 2018
Michael, which browser are you using on the iPad? It will work on Chrome.
By Free Map Tools on 5th February 2018
I am using the application on my iPad but cannot find list once I hit copy to clipboard. I am trying to paste the list onto my profile on another site. Can this be done or do I have to use a computer. Please advise
By Michael H. on 28th January 2018
Terrific. Will load CSV list of zips into a SalesForce table and join to names and addresses in a donor database for enhanced development event planning in a given city.
By CPO on 23rd January 2018
Perfect for my task to find zipcodes with 30 miles of my college. Thanks.
On 13th January 2018
We reside in Canada
By Marc Pharand on 12th January 2018
Hi Jeremy, you would need to use the Find ZIP Codes Inside a User Defined Area as the place to load the saved area rather than the radius page. Also you need to use the User Manager (found on top right of screen) to save then load the area.
By Free Map Tools on 4th January 2018
I used How Far Can I Travel and exported the XML file. I'm having no luck importing that data to Find Zip Codes Inside a Radius.
By Jeremy on 3rd January 2018
We service all of Chicago and 10miles out of the city
By Jamie Nero on 3rd January 2018
Hi TAYLOR, on this page it is one-at-at-a-time. If you which to discuss bulk processing or API access, please get in contact directly.
By Free Map Tools on 23rd December 2017
is there a way to get a radius around multiple zip codes instead of doing it 1 by 1?
By TAYLOR on 22nd December 2017
Showing the most recent 20 out of 797 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: