Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Show Centre Marker? Show Zip Code Labels?
ZIP Markers? US County Borders? Show ZIP Boundaries for ZIPs in radius? Exclude PO Boxes ?
States To Include :
Note : Units (km/miles) can be toggled using the User Menu at the top right of this page
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius areas [2 votes]
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 17th October 2018 : Version 4.5 - Bug Fix - Resolved issue with Copy To Clipboard button not working
- 6th October 2018 : Version 4.4 - Update - count of ZIPs now reacts to filtering in/out states
- 20th September 2018 : Version 4.3 - Bug Fixes
- 11th September 2018 : Version 4.2 - Fixed issue with marker tooltip and pop-ups not appearing correctly. Fixed issue with Exclude PO Boxes option having the inverse effect
- 10th September 2018 : Version 4.1 - Fixed issue with maximum radius, issue with state filter and issue with some ZIP codes not being found
- 28th August 2018 : Version 4.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 3.12 - New option [Exclude PO Boxes]
- 1st April 2017 : Version 3.11 - Bug fix for selected states functionality
- 20th March 2017 : Version 3.10 - Output can be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Fantastic tool. Really helpful. Thank you! Would be great to add driving distance as well as radius.
On 31st January 2023
Super sweet! Thanks for this great tool!
By James on 15th January 2023
Great Job. Thanks
By Orlando Lopez on 14th January 2023
Great application! Just saved me hours & hours of work!! THank you very much!
On 13th January 2023
BEST TOOL EVER
By Dave Evans on 9th December 2022
Best tool ever!!!!!! lifesaver
On 7th December 2022
Thank you, This site saved me a lot of time in research!
On 22nd November 2022
Great stuff thank you. How do I pass the results on to another script to search for values within each zipcode? TIA.
By Al on 1st November 2022
I want my zip code.
By Nayan on 13th October 2022
Would be good if we can return geo entities that boundary falls within the radius, and not just their centroid
On 13th October 2022
Is there a way to find out population size for the given zip+radius I pull up? if so then how?
By Anthony S on 11th October 2022
Why can't I go beyond 625 miles?
On 5th October 2022
Could you please mention your zip code boundary data source here, and when it was last updated?
On 27th September 2022
Yes, only US ZIP codes
By Free Map Tools on 14th September 2022
Is the app working only for US? Not Global?
On 14th September 2022
Great data! Thanks
On 1st September 2022
very interested in partnering with your company
By Alvis Luther Evans on 2nd August 2022
Why is it duplicating each zip code. This just started. Can it get fixed?
On 25th July 2022
Is there an option to draw the radius distance by Land Transport only when given a specified zip?
By Diane on 19th July 2022
Nice! I needed a solution to reach out to people within 100 miles of a zip and this worked out so I could input the Zip Codes into my SSMS SQL query and obtain an email list for a fellow staff member.
By Dan on 11th July 2022
Showing the most recent 20 out of 1112 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)