Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Show Centre Marker? Show ZIP Markers? Show US County Borders? Show ZIP Boundaries?
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Step 2 : Click on map OR Place by location name or ZIP code :
Please Note : 3 or 4 digit ZIPs should be padded with zero's to produce a 5 digit number for the most accurate results. So 544 should be input as 00544.
You can also specify a latitude/longitude in step 2 by wrapping the value in square brackets. For example [36.1743717,-115.1543127] for Las Vegas
States To Include :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 20th March 2017 : Version 3.10 - Output can be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Awesome tool. Just what I was looking for.
By Dave E on 23rd March 2017
This is pretty awesome...exactly what I needed - thank you.
By T on 22nd March 2017
Hi jo, Canada post codes can be searched for here : Find Canadian Postcodes Inside a Radius.
By Free Map Tools on 21st March 2017
It would be helpful to include Canada post codes.
By jo on 21st March 2017
Great Map. really lets customers/Contractors know my Radius for jobs i can do within my local area.
By Builderbob26 on 15th March 2017
Outstanding product, really helped in determining what areas we needed to work in.
By Lloyd on 13th March 2017
Kum, we will be making an update soon to allow you to filter by state.
By Free Map Tools on 13th March 2017
Very good tool, When we search radius cities using zip code it will show more than one state , if i wanted to consider only one state for the particular zip code means how to eliminate other states.
By Kum on 13th March 2017
It is a fantastic tool. Very helpful and user friendly.
By Fareed on 11th March 2017
Great! Very useful, and user friendly!
By Connie on 9th March 2017
Thanks for a great tool!
By David on 8th March 2017
indispensable for certain tasks.
By Joe on 8th March 2017
Thank you very much for creating it and letting us use free of cost.
By Tirath on 8th March 2017
Where i can download this tool
By mak on 2nd March 2017
Thanks for this great tool it was easy to use and gave me just what I needed in seconds.
On 1st March 2017
HOLY COW!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR!! BOSS NEEDED THIS INFO AND IM GLAD I FOUND YOUR SITE!
By Nevada Safes on 24th February 2017
Thanks for developing this great tool! Huge help!
On 22nd February 2017
Love it - thank you!
By Sue on 21st February 2017
This is a huge help!!!
Thank you for making so many of my jobs easier!
By LaShawn Ingram on 21st February 2017
Thanks for this!!!
On 21st February 2017
Showing the most recent 20 out of 708 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: