Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Show Centre Marker? Show Zip Code Labels?
ZIP Markers? US County Borders? Show ZIP Boundaries for ZIPs in radius? Exclude PO Boxes ?
States To Include :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 17th October 2018 : Version 4.5 - Bug Fix - Resolved issue with Copy To Clipboard button not working
- 6th October 2018 : Version 4.4 - Update - count of ZIPs now reacts to filtering in/out states
- 20th September 2018 : Version 4.3 - Bug Fixes
- 11th September 2018 : Version 4.2 - Fixed issue with marker tooltip and pop-ups not appearing correctly. Fixed issue with Exclude PO Boxes option having the inverse effect
- 10th September 2018 : Version 4.1 - Fixed issue with maximum radius, issue with state filter and issue with some ZIP codes not being found
- 28th August 2018 : Version 4.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 3.12 - New option [Exclude PO Boxes]
- 1st April 2017 : Version 3.11 - Bug fix for selected states functionality
- 20th March 2017 : Version 3.10 - Output can be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Is it possible to return results with driving miles of a specific radius, rather than "as the crow flies"?
By Andy W on 22nd July 2019
Art, please have a look at Find ZIP Codes Inside a User Defined Area.
By Free Map Tools on 16th July 2019
Awesome Tool, thank you! Suggestion: let me draw a shape on the map to find the zips within those boundaries only...like zillow does
By Art on 15th July 2019
Need work as soon as possible.
On 12th July 2019
Not on this page. It would be quick to use an online tool to do this. ie. Search "sort list alphabetically"
By Free Map Tools on 8th June 2019
is there any way to alphabetize the cities returned in results?
On 7th June 2019
By Keith on 4th June 2019
Abhishek, please get in contact to discuss.
By Free Map Tools on 4th June 2019
It was a big time help. But I was wondering if there is any API for this tool so that I can run multiple queries automatically.
By Abhishek Agarwal on 31st May 2019
Luv this Site!
By Riley on 29th May 2019
Bhatu, please get in contact directly to discuss.
By Free Map Tools on 20th May 2019
Can we integrate this and such functionalities in our project ? Is there any way or paid service that you provide ?We want to integrate functionality of finding zip codes from selected area or selected state or selected county. So can you provide this service and what are the charges if yes. Please reply. Thanks.
By Bhatu on 18th May 2019
we can go up to 20 to 25 miles out from zip codes 30084
By james blair on 15th May 2019
Sorry, this is not possible due to adverse effect on performance.
By Free Map Tools on 11th May 2019
Hi guys, is there a way to increase the number of miles up to 1000. Thanks
On 10th May 2019
Mike, do you have an example of a search that does this? We will look in to it...
By Free Map Tools on 7th May 2019
On certain cities, I find that if I copy to Clipboard and paste into an Excel spreadsheet, it just shows all XXXXX and then in the formula bar it shows it as it it is trying to multiply all teh numbers together
By Mike O on 6th May 2019
TAC, please get in contact directly to discuss.
By Free Map Tools on 30th April 2019
Do you have any way to connect to the engine that runs this? Would love to incorporate this into programs in R or python!
By TAC on 29th April 2019
Map tool is rather convenient but would suggest being able to maximize the radius circle and minimize the radius circle
By Jack on 24th April 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 958 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)