Find ZIP Codes Inside a Radius
Map of the USA where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the ZIP codes found inside that radius.
ZIP Code Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 1000km) OR miles (maximum = 625 miles)
Show Centre Marker? Show Zip Code Labels?
ZIP Markers? US County Borders? ZIP Boundaries? Exclude PO Boxes ?
States To Include :
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or ZIP code on the centre of your search. After a delay, the results will appear inside the radius. If you hover over a marker, you will see its ZIP code.
You can also find a comma separated list of the ZIP codes in the large text box in the CSV Output section.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
Suggested New Features
- Filter Cities listed by defining a minimum population level
- Option to plot multiple ZIPs to build up a number of radius area
- If ZIPs found are 90% or more of a city, suggest returning all ZIPs for that city
- 17th October 2018 : Version 4.5 - Bug Fix - Resolved issue with Copy To Clipboard button not working
- 6th October 2018 : Version 4.4 - Update - count of ZIPs now reacts to filtering in/out states
- 20th September 2018 : Version 4.3 - Bug Fixes
- 11th September 2018 : Version 4.2 - Fixed issue with marker tooltip and pop-ups not appearing correctly. Fixed issue with Exclude PO Boxes option having the inverse effect
- 10th September 2018 : Version 4.1 - Fixed issue with maximum radius, issue with state filter and issue with some ZIP codes not being found
- 28th August 2018 : Version 4.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 3.12 - New option [Exclude PO Boxes]
- 1st April 2017 : Version 3.11 - Bug fix for selected states functionality
- 20th March 2017 : Version 3.10 - Output can be filtered to include/exclude selected states
- 3rd October 2016 : Version 3.9 - Option to show/hide ZIP code markers
- 20th September 2016 : Version 3.8 - Latitude and longitude can now be specified for the centre of the radius in step 2
- 18th August 2016 : Version 3.7 - ZIP boundaries are shown for ZIP codes found. Clicking on the boundary or the marker will cause the ZIP code of that area to be displayed below the map.
- 11th August 2016 : Version 3.6 - Centre marker is now black in colour
- 12th February 2016 : Version 3.5 - Fixed issue with radius limit not applied correctly
- 26th July 2015 : Version 3.4 - Update
- Combined text box now lists the distance to the ZIP code in km.
- 23rd July 2014 : Version 3.3 - Updates
- New back-end dataset
- Combined text box now outputs the count of the Zip Codes
- 27th March 2014 : Version 3.2 - Minor Update
- Output now includes all unique states and cities
- 4th February 2014 : Version 3.1 - Minor Update
- Toggle CSV or New line option added
- 15th January 2014 : Version 3 - Updates
- Option to Show US County Borders
- The circle polygon is no longer click-able
- Added Full Screen option
- 14th June 2012 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Added Show Centre Marker option
- Added Reset Map button
- 10th February 2010 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Very helpful for my daughters Gold Project for Girl Scouts! Thank you!
By Eric on 15th November 2018
Great tool! Gives me the information that I need.
On 15th November 2018
Awesome tool! Thanks!
By Pete on 13th November 2018
What am I doing wrong? - Nothing, that sounds right. Can you try (1) a different center ZIP, (2) the same thing on a different browser? and confirm the results please.
By Free Map Tools on 4th November 2018
This site is not working for me again. I am looking to find zip codes/states within 30 and/or 40 miles of a zip code. When I type that information in and hit search, nothing happens! What am I doing wrong?
On 2nd November 2018
Awesome tool. Thanks!
On 29th October 2018
I love this tool, thanks so much for making it!
By KGP on 23rd October 2018
It's fixed! Thank you so much!
On 23rd October 2018
Which base ZIP code are you using?
By Free Map Tools on 17th October 2018
This site is still not working for me. I am looking to find zip codes/states within 30 and/or 40 miles of a zip code. When I type that information in and hit search, nothing happens! What am I doing wrong?
On 17th October 2018
Copy to Clipboard should now be working again
By Free Map Tools on 16th October 2018
Copy to Clipboard button seems to be broken.
On 16th October 2018
When you say Nothing is populating, how far does it get? Does it display the map, draw the radius, or say "Searching"?
By Free Map Tools on 11th October 2018
I hate that we can no longer put in a city name and do the search, it has to be by zip code only! The old way was better and more user friendly!
Copy to clipboard does not work for me either.
By Kat on 11th October 2018
Nothing is populating for me anymore! I think since the 10/6/2018 update. Please fix!
On 11th October 2018
The zip codes are not copying to my clipboard
On 6th October 2018
Wonderful site. Very glad it's here; makes my search a lot easier.
By SweetCandi on 30th September 2018
Incredibly useful tool! Thank you so much.
By Kesem Technology on 25th September 2018
@Free Map Tools I can confirm the update on Sept 11 works. My radius around 33612 works great.
By Shane on 24th September 2018
Bug Fixes applied.
By Free Map Tools on 20th September 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 896 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: