Find Australian Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of Australia where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the post codes found inside that radius.
Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 500km) OR miles (maximum = 310 miles)
Step 3 : Remove duplicate postcodes? :
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers? Show Postcode Labels?
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or Australian post code on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear in the text box. If there is a reasonable number of points, they will also be shown on the map. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's post code.
You can find a comma separated list of the post codes and suburbs in the large text box below the map.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
- Display distance between centre point and marker when you hover of the marker
- 6th May 2019 : Version 9.3 - Search by Australia postcode
- 7th November 2018 : Version 9.2 - Added new option Show Postcode Markers?
- 19th September 2018 : Version 9.1 - Free Text Search set as default search
- 27th August 2018 : Version 9.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 8.4 - Updates to improve postcode base point searching
- 4th July 2017 : Version 8.3 - Combined output now sorted by distance from centre of radius
- 7th March 2017 : Version 8.2 - Full screen control is now built in to the map interface
- 21st April 2016 : Version 8.1 - Added Combined output to give postcode, suburb and distance from the centre of the radius
- 28th May 2014 : Version 8 - Radius can now be dragged to perform a new search close by. Clear Map button added
- 18th November 2013 : Version 7 - Added Full Screen option
- 12th November 2013 : Version 6 - Implemented Google Map API V3
- 6th August 2013 : Version 5 - Option to include duplicate postcodes
- 1st February 2013 : Version 4 - Duplicate postcodes are no longer output
- 5th February 2012 : Version 3 - Also outputs the suburb
- 19th June 2011 : Version 2 - Bug fix to searching functionality
- 16th February 2011 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Incredible resource. Thank you
By John on 28th April 2023
Great website, I have saved it and taken it with me when I have changed jobs and used it extensively for targeted fundraising appeals.
By Greg Mc on 7th March 2023
Wow, life saver
On 13th December 2022
Handy tool.. It would've come in handy for me if it could accept multiple postcodes, then return a list of adjacent postcodes. Exposing the functionality to an api endpoint would also be nice. COnsidering you do it for free, youve already exceeded your mandate though.. cudos to you.
On 19th November 2022
Freehand drawing on the map to cover a specific area would be amazing. But, this is a very valuable tool.
On 19th October 2022
This is brilliant for targeted mailings.
By Laura on 10th August 2022
how do i search for multiple postcodes at once?
On 7th June 2022
So damn helpful of a tool
By Lachlan on 31st May 2022
This is great but I was trying to find 100km radius from Brisbane (4000) and free maps gave me NSW post code 2474 & 2485 which are 171.7km and 107.4km away from brisbane when I did a google search.
By qusp on 15th March 2022
This is awesome but what if I wanted to get 10km north of a specific postcode, as opposed to a complete radius? Is there a way to do such a thing?
By London on 17th February 2022
Would be fantastic if could search multiple exclusive radius at one time! An otherwise great tool
By Abdul on 21st January 2022
Darren W, we do have an API. Please get in contact to discuss.
By Free Map Tools on 12th January 2022
Is there a way to call this via an api and have a list returned? ie: If I send a postcode and a desired radius it will return a list.
By Darren W on 11th January 2022
CJK, sorry, that's not possible.
By Free Map tools on 4th January 2022
Hi - I'm looking for a tool where I can enter a number of postcodes and the visualise the area these postcodes represent. Does this tool do that?
By CJK on 3rd January 2022
Stephen, sorry that is not possible.
By Free Map Tools on 26th December 2021
It looks like a useful tool, is there anyway to include an approximate population density in the searched area?
By Stephen on 24th December 2021
On 21st December 2021
Excellent piece of software. Very helpful
By IFTIKHAR on 4th December 2021
This is great. Exactly what I was looking for.
Suggestion - Can you do multiple zones and diferentiate colour areas. For example. 5km Radius, then 10km Radius but none of the 5km radius postcodes display in the 10km zone. Kinda like a donut.
Legends, keep it up.
By Paul on 28th November 2021
Showing the most recent 20 out of 384 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)