Find Australian Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of Australia where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the post codes found inside that radius.
Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 500km) OR miles (maximum = 310 miles)
Step 3 : Remove duplicate postcodes? :
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers? Show Postcode Labels?
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or Australian post code on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear in the text box. If there is a reasonable number of points, they will also be shown on the map. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's post code.
You can find a comma separated list of the post codes and suburbs in the large text box below the map.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
- Display distance between centre point and marker when you hover of the marker
- 6th May 2019 : Version 9.3 - Search by Australia postcode
- 7th November 2018 : Version 9.2 - Added new option Show Postcode Markers?
- 19th September 2018 : Version 9.1 - Free Text Search set as default search
- 27th August 2018 : Version 9.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 8.4 - Updates to improve postcode base point searching
- 4th July 2017 : Version 8.3 - Combined output now sorted by distance from centre of radius
- 7th March 2017 : Version 8.2 - Full screen control is now built in to the map interface
- 21st April 2016 : Version 8.1 - Added Combined output to give postcode, suburb and distance from the centre of the radius
- 28th May 2014 : Version 8 - Radius can now be dragged to perform a new search close by. Clear Map button added
- 18th November 2013 : Version 7 - Added Full Screen option
- 12th November 2013 : Version 6 - Implemented Google Map API V3
- 6th August 2013 : Version 5 - Option to include duplicate postcodes
- 1st February 2013 : Version 4 - Duplicate postcodes are no longer output
- 5th February 2012 : Version 3 - Also outputs the suburb
- 19th June 2011 : Version 2 - Bug fix to searching functionality
- 16th February 2011 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Hi Alex, can you give some examples that are outside 200km please?
By Free Map Tools on 28th May 2019
I have run a search for postcodes within 200km of Sydney (2000), however the results are including postcodes outside this radius. It seems like it may have included postcodes within a 200 mile radius instead of km. Can you advise what may be the issue? thanks
By Alex on 27th May 2019
Elena, this search should now work better.
By Free Map Tools on 6th May 2019
Why am I getting NSW postcodes 2602,2612,2911 when I enter 5km radius of 3201?
By Elena on 30th April 2019
This is a great tool, thank you for making it available.
Could I suggest another feature request: in addition to listing postcodes and suburbs, it would be helpful to list coordinates. I realise a suburb is not a single point, so it does not have a single coordinate, but providing any coordinate within the suburb would be very useful.
By Aaron on 19th March 2019
This is brilliant! super helpful
On 13th March 2019
Great tool ... except... I'd like to be able to copy the postcodes list that result from my search and be able to paste it into the "Find" section of an excel spreadsheet but (a) I can't paste there and (b)I can't work out how to make spreadsheet search for all of the postcodes in one go. Any suggestions?
By Alison on 27th February 2019
Please revert map settings back to old - new is bad.
* No large data point that you can 'right click' to undo selecting that area on map
* Less suburbs now showing by name on map when zoomed in
By Ashley on 8th January 2019
This is a great tool! So glad I came across it. Thanks
On 7th January 2019
Hi Pippa, we will look in to this. In the meantime, you can do the 2 searches separately and subtract the results.
By Free Map Tools on 1st December 2018
This is really awesome. Would be even more so if it was possible to search between 2 distances from a set point. eg. only display postcodes located between 20km and 30km from 3000.
By Pippa on 22nd November 2018
Norfolk Island is a problem for all systems like this - it says its only a few kms from Albury
By DB@OML on 18th November 2018
I love the tool, but its a lot more tricky to use now than the older version :(
By Dave on 11th October 2018
Jake, see what you mean, but which suburb takes priority?
By Free Map Tools on 29th September 2018
I don't suppose there is an easy way of removing the duplicate postcodes from the 'Combined' list that also shows suburb and postcode?
By Jake on 25th September 2018
The Search button will appear depending on the type of search used. The initial autosearch brings up a suggest list, so waits on you to click/tap and entry to search the radius
By Free Map Tools on 18th September 2018
The new update is BS. There is no button to actually search for the radius. The only way to search is to click on the map and click again everytime you change the radius.
On 18th September 2018
The update has not been great, preferred the computer accuracy rather than hand picking a location.
On 17th September 2018
Hi I seem to have found a bug when searching for distances from Sydney 2000 in a 50 klm radius the distances are not accurate.
By Steve on 9th September 2018
20km radius from Nerang site - 4211
By Linda Horgan on 6th September 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 294 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)