Find Australian Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of Australia where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the post codes found inside that radius.
Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 500km) OR miles (maximum = 310 miles)
Step 3 : Remove duplicate postcodes? :
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers? Show Postcode Labels?
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or Australian post code on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear in the text box. If there is a reasonable number of points, they will also be shown on the map. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's post code.
You can find a comma separated list of the post codes and suburbs in the large text box below the map.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
- Display distance between centre point and marker when you hover of the marker
- 6th May 2019 : Version 9.3 - Search by Australia postcode
- 7th November 2018 : Version 9.2 - Added new option Show Postcode Markers?
- 19th September 2018 : Version 9.1 - Free Text Search set as default search
- 27th August 2018 : Version 9.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 8.4 - Updates to improve postcode base point searching
- 4th July 2017 : Version 8.3 - Combined output now sorted by distance from centre of radius
- 7th March 2017 : Version 8.2 - Full screen control is now built in to the map interface
- 21st April 2016 : Version 8.1 - Added Combined output to give postcode, suburb and distance from the centre of the radius
- 28th May 2014 : Version 8 - Radius can now be dragged to perform a new search close by. Clear Map button added
- 18th November 2013 : Version 7 - Added Full Screen option
- 12th November 2013 : Version 6 - Implemented Google Map API V3
- 6th August 2013 : Version 5 - Option to include duplicate postcodes
- 1st February 2013 : Version 4 - Duplicate postcodes are no longer output
- 5th February 2012 : Version 3 - Also outputs the suburb
- 19th June 2011 : Version 2 - Bug fix to searching functionality
- 16th February 2011 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
awesome tool thank you so much.
just wish I could print it out
By William on 19th November 2019
Super fantastic portal. Keep up the good work team
By macjack on 18th November 2019
By Sofia Pakos on 20th October 2019
What a great tool and thanks for making it available...so hard to work through AusPost's data
By Jimbo on 28th September 2019
7323 is not a valid Australian postcode
By Free Map Tools on 6th September 2019
Hi Lone Wolf here I am if there is a town/surburb with the post code of 7323 Thank you
By Lone Wolf %uD83D%uDC4D on 4th September 2019
Love your work. Cheers
On 14th August 2019
By Bobby on 7th August 2019
Thank you for an amazing tool. Very much appreciated.
By Trevor on 10th July 2019
By Ching Mung chung on 7th July 2019
Thank you so much!!!
On 2nd July 2019
Just a word of thanks, this page is super helpful and I really appreciate the work you have done,
By Shane. on 21st June 2019
Hey There - How can I search multiple postcodes at once? Ie query for: Tell me the postcodes within a X radius of x,y & z.
On 18th June 2019
Hi Alex, can you give some examples that are outside 200km please?
By Free Map Tools on 28th May 2019
I have run a search for postcodes within 200km of Sydney (2000), however the results are including postcodes outside this radius. It seems like it may have included postcodes within a 200 mile radius instead of km. Can you advise what may be the issue? thanks
By Alex on 27th May 2019
Elena, this search should now work better.
By Free Map Tools on 6th May 2019
Why am I getting NSW postcodes 2602,2612,2911 when I enter 5km radius of 3201?
By Elena on 30th April 2019
This is a great tool, thank you for making it available.
Could I suggest another feature request: in addition to listing postcodes and suburbs, it would be helpful to list coordinates. I realise a suburb is not a single point, so it does not have a single coordinate, but providing any coordinate within the suburb would be very useful.
By Aaron on 19th March 2019
This is brilliant! super helpful
On 13th March 2019
Great tool ... except... I'd like to be able to copy the postcodes list that result from my search and be able to paste it into the "Find" section of an excel spreadsheet but (a) I can't paste there and (b)I can't work out how to make spreadsheet search for all of the postcodes in one go. Any suggestions?
By Alison on 27th February 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 307 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)