Find Australian Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of Australia where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the post codes found inside that radius.
Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 500km) OR miles (maximum = 310 miles)
Step 3 : Remove duplicate postcodes? :
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers? Show Postcode Labels?
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or Australian post code on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear in the text box. If there is a reasonable number of points, they will also be shown on the map. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's post code.
You can find a comma separated list of the post codes and suburbs in the large text box below the map.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
- Display distance between centre point and marker when you hover of the marker
- 6th May 2019 : Version 9.3 - Search by Australia postcode
- 7th November 2018 : Version 9.2 - Added new option Show Postcode Markers?
- 19th September 2018 : Version 9.1 - Free Text Search set as default search
- 27th August 2018 : Version 9.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 8.4 - Updates to improve postcode base point searching
- 4th July 2017 : Version 8.3 - Combined output now sorted by distance from centre of radius
- 7th March 2017 : Version 8.2 - Full screen control is now built in to the map interface
- 21st April 2016 : Version 8.1 - Added Combined output to give postcode, suburb and distance from the centre of the radius
- 28th May 2014 : Version 8 - Radius can now be dragged to perform a new search close by. Clear Map button added
- 18th November 2013 : Version 7 - Added Full Screen option
- 12th November 2013 : Version 6 - Implemented Google Map API V3
- 6th August 2013 : Version 5 - Option to include duplicate postcodes
- 1st February 2013 : Version 4 - Duplicate postcodes are no longer output
- 5th February 2012 : Version 3 - Also outputs the suburb
- 19th June 2011 : Version 2 - Bug fix to searching functionality
- 16th February 2011 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Sorry, it's one at a time.
By Free Map Tools on 27th May 2020
hi awesome tool, is there a way to search for multiple postcode radius' at once?
On 26th May 2020
Would love the ability to search by distance in direction. For example, 50km to the north and only 25km to the East.
By Johnny on 20th May 2020
An API would be of far more use.
With a JSON response of the form:
By George F Embrey on 12th May 2020
Hi how accurate is this tool?
By Scott on 12th March 2020
amazing well done.
On 10th March 2020
Hi Jenn, that's not possible directly on this page. If you do 2 separate searches (10km and 20km) then find the common post codes, that will have the same outcome.
By Free Map Tools on 17th February 2020
Hi, really appreciate the tool!
Is it possible to generate a list of postcodes between 2 sets of distance, eg between 10km and 20km from xxxx?
By Jenn on 16th February 2020
If ONLY it could do this by road-distance instead of straight line!! OMG
By Tommo on 3rd February 2020
Hi, please get in contact to discuss an API.
By Free Map Tools on 23rd January 2020
Any API available?
By Gab on 23rd January 2020
awesome tool thank you so much.
just wish I could print it out
By William on 19th November 2019
Super fantastic portal. Keep up the good work team
By macjack on 18th November 2019
By Sofia Pakos on 20th October 2019
What a great tool and thanks for making it available...so hard to work through AusPost's data
By Jimbo on 28th September 2019
7323 is not a valid Australian postcode
By Free Map Tools on 6th September 2019
Hi Lone Wolf here I am if there is a town/surburb with the post code of 7323 Thank you
By Lone Wolf %uD83D%uDC4D on 4th September 2019
Love your work. Cheers
On 14th August 2019
By Bobby on 7th August 2019
Thank you for an amazing tool. Very much appreciated.
By Trevor on 10th July 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 318 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)