Find Australian Postcodes Inside a Radius
Map of Australia where you can specify a point and a radius to search within and return all the post codes found inside that radius.
Radius Search Map
Step 1 : Radius km (maximum = 500km) OR miles (maximum = 310 miles)
Step 3 : Remove duplicate postcodes? :
Show Centre Marker? Show Postcode Markers? Show Postcode Labels?
Input a radius to search within in KM or miles. Click on the map or type in an address or Australian post code on the center of your search. After a delay, the results will appear in the text box. If there is a reasonable number of points, they will also be shown on the map. If you hover over a marker, you will see it's post code.
You can find a comma separated list of the post codes and suburbs in the large text box below the map.
There is a limit to the radius because excessive results can take a long time to load and some web browsers struggle to load them all.
- Display distance between centre point and marker when you hover of the marker
- 7th November 2018 : Version 9.2 - Added new option Show Postcode Markers?
- 19th September 2018 : Version 9.1 - Free Text Search set as default search
- 27th August 2018 : Version 9.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 7th April 2018 : Version 8.4 - Updates to improve postcode base point searching
- 4th July 2017 : Version 8.3 - Combined output now sorted by distance from centre of radius
- 7th March 2017 : Version 8.2 - Full screen control is now built in to the map interface
- 21st April 2016 : Version 8.1 - Added Combined output to give postcode, suburb and distance from the centre of the radius
- 28th May 2014 : Version 8 - Radius can now be dragged to perform a new search close by. Clear Map button added
- 18th November 2013 : Version 7 - Added Full Screen option
- 12th November 2013 : Version 6 - Implemented Google Map API V3
- 6th August 2013 : Version 5 - Option to include duplicate postcodes
- 1st February 2013 : Version 4 - Duplicate postcodes are no longer output
- 5th February 2012 : Version 3 - Also outputs the suburb
- 19th June 2011 : Version 2 - Bug fix to searching functionality
- 16th February 2011 : Version 1 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Hi Pippa, we will look in to this. In the meantime, you can do the 2 searches separately and subtract the results.
By Free Map Tools on 1st December 2018
This is really awesome. Would be even more so if it was possible to search between 2 distances from a set point. eg. only display postcodes located between 20km and 30km from 3000.
By Pippa on 22nd November 2018
Norfolk Island is a problem for all systems like this - it says its only a few kms from Albury
By DB@OML on 18th November 2018
I love the tool, but its a lot more tricky to use now than the older version :(
By Dave on 11th October 2018
Jake, see what you mean, but which suburb takes priority?
By Free Map Tools on 29th September 2018
I don't suppose there is an easy way of removing the duplicate postcodes from the 'Combined' list that also shows suburb and postcode?
By Jake on 25th September 2018
The Search button will appear depending on the type of search used. The initial autosearch brings up a suggest list, so waits on you to click/tap and entry to search the radius
By Free Map Tools on 18th September 2018
The new update is BS. There is no button to actually search for the radius. The only way to search is to click on the map and click again everytime you change the radius.
On 18th September 2018
The update has not been great, preferred the computer accuracy rather than hand picking a location.
On 17th September 2018
Hi I seem to have found a bug when searching for distances from Sydney 2000 in a 50 klm radius the distances are not accurate.
By Steve on 9th September 2018
20km radius from Nerang site - 4211
By Linda Horgan on 6th September 2018
Thank you for this wonderful tool - I love it. My go-to for map info. It gets better with each iteration.
By Mickey on 30th August 2018
Great site, very very useful
but Would love if I could do a bulk upload of the 'australian postcodes inside radius'
On 30th August 2018
Excellent website. Been looking years for something like this.
By Paul on 22nd August 2018
This is so awesome!
Just saved me heaps of time.
Thank you very much
By Luke on 16th August 2018
More than awesome.
By Oz on 15th August 2018
This is super helpful and saved me hours of work. THANK YOU!
By Keren on 12th August 2018
not working - what a bummer.. please fix.. so good
By Markus Lambert on 8th August 2018
Very Useful Website
On 3rd August 2018
Is this site still working? been trying to draw radius for a post code but doesnt seem to do anything!
On 26th July 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 285 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: