Line of Equidistance Between Two Points
See the path where the distance between two points is the same at all times.
Line of Equidistance Between Two Points Map
Line of Equidistance Between Two Points Tool
- Click / Tap on the map to place the first marker
- Click / Tap on the map again to place the second marker
- A path will then be drawn between the points to show where the path of equidistance is
- You can then either drag a marker to reposition it or click/tap again to make a new path
The Line of Equidistance Between could be used to work out a boundary line or confirm which locations are closer to one point or another.
Future Ideas and Features
None right now...
- 13th February 2020 - Convert to Leaflet Maps
- 17th July 2017 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
If you select somewhere in south america (near the south) and in australia (near the pacific) you'll get a line that cross both points instead of an equidistant one. Doesn't seem to work properly between the two continents
On 15th December 2019
I want draw my quard... To googl ma
On 15th October 2019
This tool does not provide the same results as Google Map...
On 22nd November 2018
Would be great to have a version of this for driving: What is the midpoint-line between two points on the road? Perhaps let the user be able to set a length for this line (the 500-mile-long mid-point line). Similar to the "How far can I travel" tool.
By Fred on 19th September 2017
Equidistance lines between three points, dividing the map in regions closer to a given point
By Ed on 24th August 2017
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)