Plot Airport Routes
Use this tool to plot airline route networks or airport destination maps. You can add as many starting and end airports to the network of routes. Find the airport by name, IATA or ICAO.
Airport Route Map
About the Airport Route Tool
This tool allows you to quickly plot a route map between airports. You can find the airport by name, IATA or ICAO or just click on its marker on the map.
How to use the Airport Route Tool
- Type the name, IATA or ICAO of an airport in to the two text boxes
- Click [Plot Route] to plot the route on the map
- Continue to add additional routes between airports
- You can toggle the airport markers on and off
- You can toggle the route distance labels on or off
- To start again click [Reset]
- Click [Click To Plot] to then click/tap on the airport markers in order to draw the route
- Click on a route (red line) to remove it
- Add a table listing all routes, distances and provide an interface for actions such as delete/edit a route
- Allow a single route to be deleted
- Allow export of completed route map (+3 votes)
- 1st June 2020 - The User Menu can now be used to save and load Route Maps
- 5th February 2020 - Added option to remove single route
- 5th June 2019 - Implemented Leaflet Maps
- 12th March 2018 - Initial Version
- 23rd February 2017 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
Add a way to delete only one route and not all of then, also it keeps adding random routes for no reason
On 28th March 2021
Allow export of completed route map
By Frank on 19th February 2021
By Ron on 21st January 2021
Allow the export feature please.. my company needs a route map. Thanks
By Dim28 on 19th November 2020
Hi Stephen787, do you mean the distance label that appears mid-way along the route? If so, they can be toggled using the [Toggle Distances] button.
By Free Map Tools on 28th September 2020
It would be great to be able to toggle or switch off the route labels as they cover too much of the screen when you have several routes nearby.
By Stephen787 on 27th September 2020
A new feature has just been added. The User Menu (top right of screen) can now be used to save and load Route Maps.
By Free Map Tools on 1st June 2020
I'll be honest, you should get aSave button in the future without having to print. Friendly advice.
By Jack on 28th May 2020
cant u make it so that it saves as pdf or image file? also can u make it save so that when i reopen the page i can get back to where i was? thanks for this anyways it has helped me track my route as i travel fully around the globe visiting every country along the way!
By JP on 16th April 2020
How long until this can export?
By Arma on 15th March 2020
This function has now been added
By Free Map Tools on 5th February 2020
Is there a way to delete unwanted routes
On 5th February 2020
But, then I can not edit the file in the future...
By Adam on 1st January 2020
Adam, the best option right now is to use the Full Screen option then print screen to copy the image.
By Free Map Tools on 31st December 2019
Itīs an amazingly useful tool. How can I save my route map after I am ready with it?
By Adam Homolka on 31st December 2019
16 flights Sept Oct 2019
On 31st October 2019
DevReq: add waypoints on to map
On 13th September 2019
To add multiple routes, keep clicking [Find Route] for each new To/From location you want.
By Free Map Tools on 28th August 2019
How can I add multiple routes to the map?
On 25th August 2019
Jadon, do you mean the [Reset] button?
By Free Map Tools on 4th June 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 35 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)