Plot Airport Routes
Use this tool to plot airline route networks or airport destination maps. You can add as many starting and end airports to the network of routes. Find the airport by name, IATA or ICAO.
Airport Route Map
About the Airport Route Tool
This tool allows you to quickly plot a route map between airports. You can find the airport by name, IATA or ICAO or just click on its marker on the map.
How to use the Airport Route Tool
- Type the name, IATA or ICAO of an airport in to the two text boxes
- Click [Plot Route] to plot the route on the map
- Continue to add additional routes between airports
- You can toggle the airport markers on and off
- You can toggle the route distance labels on or off
- To start again click [Reset]
- Click [Click To Plot] to then click/tap on the airport markers in order to draw the route
- Allow export of completed route map (+2 votes)
- Allow a single route to be deleted
- Display the airport codes on the map
- 5th June 2019 - Implemented Leaflet Maps
- 12th March 2018 - Initial Version
- 23rd February 2017 - Initial Version
Comments For This Page
DevReq: add waypoints on to map
On 13th September 2019
To add multiple routes, keep clicking [Find Route] for each new To/From location you want.
By Free Map Tools on 28th August 2019
How can I add multiple routes to the map?
On 25th August 2019
Jadon, do you mean the [Reset] button?
By Free Map Tools on 4th June 2019
I Need the airport markers to be rid of but when I click on the button to get rid of airport markers, nothing happens. Please fix this!
By Jadon on 29th May 2019
I'm trying to save the map after plotting the routes but I'm unable to "Save" the map, how can I do so?
By Fahad on 20th February 2019
FabienA380, this has been added to the Future Ideas list
By Free Map Tools on 26th November 2018
Indeed could we please have the airport codes displayed? Thanks!!
By FabienA380 on 23rd November 2018
thanks for all the work you've put in to this free software. It's the perfect tool for debunking the Flat Earthers. It would be helpful if FreeMapTools had a little bit of an explanation about how you arrive at the figures for distances ... Trigonometry for Dummies
By Gordon S Watson on 21st November 2018
export would be a useful feature
By spencer on 6th September 2018
Sorry, this is not possible
By Free Map Tools on 16th August 2018
can I get a compass rose overlay on these
By marie on 16th August 2018
Chris, do you mean on the marker (on the map)?
By Free Map Tools on 17th July 2018
Can airport codes be able to be displayed?
By Chris on 16th July 2018
New option to toggle miles/km added.
By Free Map Tools on 12th March 2018
I can't believe I'm not allowed to convert the measurement of the route from km to miles! Please fix this!
On 3rd March 2018
Hi Kimball, there is no option to toggle units. Would you like this to be added?
By Free Map Tools on 11th November 2017
Why can't I change it from KM to miles?
By Kimball on 10th November 2017
On 20th March 2017
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)