Distance Between Canadian Postal codes
This tool can be used to find the distance between 2 postal codes in Canada. Type in the two post codes and click the Show button.
Map Showing the Distance Between Two Canadian Postal Codes
How to Use Canada Postcode Tool
Input in the first and second postcode then click the Show button. The map will then display the location of the two postcodes in Canada and also show the routes for:
- As the crow flies - the straight distance between the points
- By land transport - by car and/or boat (if possible)
You will also see the distance displayed below the map for the distance as the crow flies and also by land transport. You can then type in more postcodes and click the show button to see more distances.
Problems or Suggestions
If you notice any errors or have suggestions for further development, then please Contact Free Map Tools.
- 15th December 2018 : Switched to Leaflet maps
- 31st December 2016 : Version 2.1 - Issue fixed
- 10th November 2013 : Version 2 - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- 13th February 2011 : Version 1
Comments For This Page
Simon, sorry we don't have such a tool
By Free Map Tools on 4th June 2018
Hi there. Great tool. Is there a downloadable version that can compare multiple postcodes at once? (in Excel, for example). Thank you!
By Simon on 1st June 2018
Hi Rod, please get in contact directly to discuss.
By Free Map Tools on 9th May 2018
Works great. As a programmer I would be interested in utilizing this feature for custom applications, both stand-alone and webbased or be able to incorporate inside a phone app accordingly. Is there a website that I can contact someone for further review? Thanks in advance
By Rod on 4th May 2018
I like dis.
By JOe on 25th April 2018
I am pleased with my results. I compared
from one point to another, by address to address (which gives amount of time)and postal code to postal code. Results very close. I needed a tow truck to take me to 4 locations, with short time waits between, car on board and not unloaded until last stop. For me this was a way to calculate the towing charge at a given rate per KM. I am age 72 and actually worked this out by myself !!! Feel good.
By L J Fairful on 18th November 2017
1. Canadian postal codes may be shown without a space (according to the Canadian post office). Both should be acceptable.
2. If a space is expected, why is the field 8 characters long?
3. If the user enters data in the "wrong" format, why not provide an error message, instead of an erroneous result?
4. In the attached file, I have entered "M4N 1K8" and "M2N 3A8" (both with spaces). The location on the map for "M4N 1K8" is incorrect. Hence the distances are not correct. I presume that "A" represents "Postal Code 1", and "B" represents "Postal Code 2", but there is no legend that states that. I tried this with Firefox and Chrome. Same result.
By Douig on 4th January 2017
Hi Doug, please ensure there is a space between the 3 3 so M4N1K8 should be input as M4N 1K8. In terms of access from an external source to allow batch processing .... please get in contact directly to discuss this.
By Free Map Tools on 3rd January 2017
I am getting some results now. However, in some cases they are wrong. These 2 screen shots demonstrate. In one case, the numeric values 0 and 8.9 are inconsistent. (can't be zero; 8.9 is possible). In both cases, M4N1K8 is not correctly depicted on the map.
Question: is there a way your map function to calculate the distance between two postal codes can be called within an Excel spreadsheet?
By Doug on 2nd January 2017
Hi Doug, thanks for getting in contact. Yes, there was an issue that should now be resolved.
By Free Map Tools on 31st December 2016
I type in "M4M 2R1" (no quotes) and "M2R 1M2". Nothing happens. I've tried upper case and lower case (both should work), with and without the space (both ways should work). I've tried it on Firefox, Chrome, IE and Maxthon. nadda.
By Doug on 30th December 2016
works perfectly. insert a space between FSA and LDU
On 29th February 2016
Hi, can you confirm what happens? Do you input 2 postcodes (if so which postcodes?) and click Show...?
By Free Map Tools on 8th February 2016
On 8th February 2016
Hi, can you explain why is doesn't work? Thanks
By Free Map Tools on 8th October 2015
On 7th October 2015
nothing happens when I click 'show'
On 8th October 2014
nothing happens when I click 'show'
On 11th August 2014
This is amazing... A very useful tool.
By Salmon on 16th October 2012
This doesn't work - what's wrong? I get a zero in the answer boxes....pooh!
On 30th September 2012
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)