Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius
Provide a radius and address to centre your search. The map will then show any towns or cities within the radius.
Find Cities Within Radius Map
This tool can be used to find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location. Note, there is no clear way to determine what is a town or city on a global scale so the results on this page may include or exclude some places. Get in contact if you see a big mistake and we will do our best to update the system.
- Select a radius to search within ... 1km, 5km, 10km, 20km or 50km
- Select a centre point by either
- Type an address and click / tap Search
- Click / tap Search with an empty text box to find your current location
- Click / tap on the map to indicate the center of the search
- Once the search is complete, you can see the list of towns and cities below the map. You can also tap on a marker of a result to find more details
The search radius has a limit of 50km. This cannot be increased.
- 22nd May 2017: 1.0 - Initial version
Future Ideas and Enhancements
- Method to filter cities and towns by population size. For example, only return cities with a population greater than 20,000 people
- Include post/zip codes with the the towns/cities data
Comments For This Page
Hi, there are no plans for integration with Layar. Can I ask if and how it would benefit you?
By Free Map Tools on 3rd July 2017
Is there any plan to implement it in Layar?
On 1st July 2017
lyn, thanks for the feedback. We will look in to this.
By Free Map Tools on 9th June 2017
Very useful for planning events. Having post/zip codes attached to the towns/cities would make it even more useful as could reference bureau of stats data.
By lyn on 7th June 2017
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: