Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius
Provide a radius and address to centre your search. The map will then show any towns or cities within the radius.
Find Cities Within Radius Map
This tool can be used to find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location. Note, there is no clear way to determine what is a town or city on a global scale so the results on this page may include or exclude some places. Get in contact if you see a big mistake and we will do our best to update the system.
- Select a radius to search within ... 1km, 5km, 10km, 20km or 50km
- Select a centre point by either
- Type an address and click / tap Search
- Click / tap Search with an empty text box to find your current location
- Click / tap on the map to indicate the center of the search
- Once the search is complete, you can see the list of towns and cities below the map. You can also tap on a marker of a result to find more details
The search radius has a limit of 50km. This cannot be increased.
- 22nd May 2017: 1.0 - Initial version
- 31st October 2017: 1.1 - Fixed issue with KM/miles switch
- 2nd November 2017: 1.2 - Radius input changed to allow user to specify exact radius
- 5th March 2018: 1.3 - Bug fix to radius input (max values)
- 20th July 2018: 1.4 - Bug fixes
- 17th September 2018: 2.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 18th January 2019: 2.1 - Added option to show distance beside town/city. Bug fixes
- 25th January 2019: 2.2 - Update to UI when location is not found
Future Ideas and Enhancements
- Method to filter cities and towns by population size. For example, only return cities with a population greater than 20,000 people
- Include post/zip codes with the the towns/cities data
Comments For This Page
Hi Jason, thanks for the feedback. To confirm, you put for example 20 (miles) in the text box, but the results you get are over 20miles? Is this on both the map and text output? Can you present an example to replicate it? We are always keen to get rid of bugs when we find them!
By Free Map Tools on 6th February 2019
The query runs with no problem, but my results always go out to 80 miles, no matter how many miles I set in the parameter. I'm only looking for 24-40 miles, so it does give me my answer, it just gives more than I asked for. Not sure if that is intended or a bug, but there you go. Works perfectly, otherwise!
By Jason Griffith on 6th February 2019
I enter the address and it spins and spins. I enter the town and state and it still just spins. doesn't seem to work for me.
By Renee on 24th January 2019
Makori, some updates have been made today
By Free Map Tools on 18th January 2019
works for me!But would be nice if the towns found after a search could be revealed in the order of distance from the search location.Thank You.
By Makori Nyagari on 17th January 2019
Small town with mountains & river flowing within radius of 50 km from Edison , Bk 08817
By Raj kashyap on 16th January 2019
Repeated some towns and cities A LOT
By That cool girl on 13th January 2019
I first tried a zip code and the results were cities in the Ukraine. When I entered the city, state and county (ie: pine city, minnesota, USA) it worked great! I will be bookmarking this site. Perfect for target marketing data.
On 8th January 2019
I was looking for towns in Minnesota. It found towns on the island of Bermuda.
Not what I wanted!
On 6th January 2019
The search radius has a limit of 50km. (31 miles)
By Free Map Tools on 23rd December 2018
Does not work for Bryan Ohio. 60-mile radius search turns up 224 towns and cities. 40 mile radius turns up 220 towns and cities. This is not right!It won't show me their location or their distance on the map.
On 23rd December 2018
This tool worked great for me.
By Sharon Cook on 26th November 2018
Great tool. It will be even better when you add city population size as filter. Currently is returning too many hits.
On 18th October 2018
I like this, maybe further narrow the search by doing *from ..km to ..km away from your town
On 16th October 2018
Hi, can you explain why it does not work please? What steps do you take?
By Free Map Tools on 11th September 2018
Does not work waste of time
On 11th September 2018
Rubbish - didnt work
On 14th August 2018
add state abbreviations to the cities that it returns
On 25th July 2018
need conversion to miles, website not calculating. non-functional
On 25th July 2018
Hi, last week this is working with the updates but when Im trying now the search engine didn't work. Is it just on me or its happening to other users too?
On 24th July 2018
Showing the most recent 20 out of 54 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: