Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius
Provide a radius and address to centre your search. The map will then show any towns or cities within the radius.
Find Cities Within Radius Map
This tool can be used to find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location. Note, there is no clear way to determine what is a town or city on a global scale so the results on this page may include or exclude some places. Get in contact if you see a big mistake and we will do our best to update the system.
- Select a radius to search within ... 1km, 5km, 10km, 20km or 50km
- Select a centre point by either
- Type an address and click / tap Search
- Click / tap Search with an empty text box to find your current location
- Click / tap on the map to indicate the center of the search
- Once the search is complete, you can see the list of towns and cities below the map. You can also tap on a marker of a result to find more details
The search radius has a limit of 50km. This cannot be increased.
- 30th October 2019 : 2.5 - Output can be sorted by distance or alphabetically. Button added to download CSV data
- 2nd October 2019 : 2.4 - Output now supports accented characters
- 9th May 2019 : 2.3 - Fixed bug with miles/km distance reported beside each city/town found
- 25th January 2019: 2.2 - Update to UI when location is not found
- 18th January 2019: 2.1 - Added option to show distance beside town/city. Bug fixes
- 17th September 2018: 2.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 20th July 2018: 1.4 - Bug fixes
- 5th March 2018: 1.3 - Bug fix to radius input (max values)
- 2nd November 2017: 1.2 - Radius input changed to allow user to specify exact radius
- 31st October 2017: 1.1 - Fixed issue with KM/miles switch
- 22nd May 2017: 1.0 - Initial version
Future Ideas and Enhancements
- Method to filter cities and towns by population size. For example, only return cities with a population greater than 20,000 people
- Include post/zip codes with the the towns/cities data
Comments For This Page
That's truly awesome !
I just hope it could not take distance but time as well. For example, two towns can be far appart but quick to reach if there's a highway in between
By Dave on 13th April 2020
awesome tool! saved me a lot of work :)
By Raj on 7th April 2020
Is there any way to show a csv of data rather than towns so long as a postcode is added for the location?
On 29th March 2020
doesn't create a .csv file
By Jeff on 15th March 2020
This is an amazing tool for what I'm trying to figure out. Could it be increased to accept increments of 50km? Need to find 100 and 150km radius
By Mike on 7th March 2020
Priyank, there is no API currently.
By Free Map Tools on 24th February 2020
Is there any api so we call it and get reuslts
By Priyank on 24th February 2020
Thank you for this tool!
By pgw on 19th February 2020
Hi Alison, there are no plans to increase the maximum radius size.
By Free Map Tools on 17th February 2020
When will the mile radius be increased to 100? Need it now! Thanks in advance!
By Alison on 17th February 2020
A new page has just been added : Find Cities and Towns Inside an Area.
By Free Map Tools on 9th February 2020
Hi, there is no tool/page available right now for this. It sounds feasible. Adding this to the "Free Map Tools To-Do List"...
By Free Map Tools on 5th February 2020
Is there a way to use this with like the area calculator so you can map your own zone and get the cities instead of just a radius?
On 31st January 2020
Can the distance be increased to 60 mi at some point?
On 22nd January 2020
Love it. Great job guys!!!
By HotMildHoe on 6th January 2020
I LOVE IT. The only thing I'm missing is the inclusion of the state name with the city.
On 23rd December 2019
Excellent tool THANK YOU.
On 19th December 2019
This tool is amazing! It would be super helpful though if you could filter by State as well, so you're not getting Cities outside of the current state you want to get a list for.
By Rob on 17th December 2019
The fact that the max distance is so small makes this tool very niche and not super useful
On 6th December 2019
Very nice tool amazing
On 7th November 2019
Showing the most recent 20 out of 104 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)