Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius
Provide a radius and address to centre your search. The map will then show any towns or cities within the radius.
Find Cities Within Radius Map
This tool can be used to find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location. Note, there is no clear way to determine what is a town or city on a global scale so the results on this page may include or exclude some places. Get in contact if you see a big mistake and we will do our best to update the system.
- Select a radius to search within ... 1km, 5km, 10km, 20km or 50km
- Select a centre point by either
- Type an address and click / tap Search
- Click / tap Search with an empty text box to find your current location
- Click / tap on the map to indicate the center of the search
- Once the search is complete, you can see the list of towns and cities below the map. You can also tap on a marker of a result to find more details
The search radius has a limit of 50km. This cannot be increased.
- 30th October 2019 : 2.5 - Output can be sorted by distance or alphabetically. Button added to download CSV data
- 2nd October 2019 : 2.4 - Output now supports accented characters
- 9th May 2019 : 2.3 - Fixed bug with miles/km distance reported beside each city/town found
- 25th January 2019: 2.2 - Update to UI when location is not found
- 18th January 2019: 2.1 - Added option to show distance beside town/city. Bug fixes
- 17th September 2018: 2.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 20th July 2018: 1.4 - Bug fixes
- 5th March 2018: 1.3 - Bug fix to radius input (max values)
- 2nd November 2017: 1.2 - Radius input changed to allow user to specify exact radius
- 31st October 2017: 1.1 - Fixed issue with KM/miles switch
- 22nd May 2017: 1.0 - Initial version
Future Ideas and Enhancements
- Method to filter cities and towns by population size. For example, only return cities with a population greater than 20,000 people
- Include post/zip codes with the the towns/cities data
Comments For This Page
Great tool! I would have to agree with Sara, that having an option to add the zip codes associated with the listed cities would be nice and the actually distance from the stated starting point. Thank you so much though for this great website! So extremely helpful! Eleonor 7.11.2021
By Eleonor on 11th July 2021
Suggestion: Incorporated cities only?
By JHRC on 9th June 2021
Power Washing Bullies - your suggestion has been noted. Watch this space.
By Free Map Tools on 23rd April 2021
Super cool tool thanks.
Would love to filter by town population size.
even if we just had a few options like
i am sitting on 500 keywords for my ads, and i really only need like 25 of these
By Power Washing Bullies - FB Gro on 15th April 2021
Even better if....
- Could specify a range or a particular distance away - ie I'm interested in places 100-150 miles away.
- if the parameters could also include population size that would be good too!
On 15th March 2021
great tool for my area coverage as a locksmith
On 6th February 2021
looking for a city or village called Kasmidan
By Lynda on 2nd February 2021
Thanks for this.. Big Help!
By Jin Gen Te on 1st February 2021
I Would love if the state abbreviation was added and how far in miles. Thank you in advance
By ItsMeXris on 23rd January 2021
can not find in miles. every time I put in 50 then zip code then change to mile everything resets.
On 16th December 2020
Do you have an example of a mobile home trailer park named on the list?
By Free Map Tools on 16th November 2020
Would like to get list of towns/cities without showing mobile home trailer parks. Why are these counted in the list?
On 15th November 2020
jk, sorry this is not possible as this tool is to be used for any country in the world, not just those with states.
By Free Map Tools on 26th October 2020
Can you add state abbr to the output?
By jk on 21st October 2020
It seems to be less than 30km on this map :https://tinyurl.com/yx9ynwmh
By Free Map Tools on 3rd October 2020
Used coordinates 35.52525, -82.94268 and 30 mile radius to find towns inside. Denton, NC is listed but is much more than 30 miles away.
On 2nd October 2020
Regarding adding population size, I am willing to contribute towards the addition of this feature.
By Jake on 17th September 2020
Hi Like, both Mount Oxide and Waggabundi are found within 20km of Kangaroo Point, QLD, Australia. This tool does have global coverage.
By Free Map Tools on 21st August 2020
Doesn't work for outside of America (for example using Kangaroo Point, QLD, Australia). Wake up USA - there is an entire world outside your tiny country :D Lol
By Luke on 21st August 2020
Perfect, My vote is for population size. Thanks
On 11th August 2020
Showing the most recent 20 out of 128 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)