Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius
Provide a radius and address to centre your search. The map will then show any towns or cities within the radius.
Find Cities Within Radius Map
This tool can be used to find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location. Note, there is no clear way to determine what is a town or city on a global scale so the results on this page may include or exclude some places. Get in contact if you see a big mistake and we will do our best to update the system.
- Select a radius to search within ... 1km, 5km, 10km, 20km or 50km
- Select a centre point by either
- Type an address and click / tap Search
- Click / tap Search with an empty text box to find your current location
- Click / tap on the map to indicate the center of the search
- Once the search is complete, you can see the list of towns and cities below the map. You can also tap on a marker of a result to find more details
The search radius has a limit of 50km. This cannot be increased.
- 30th October 2019 : 2.5 - Output can be sorted by distance or alphabetically. Button added to download CSV data
- 2nd October 2019 : 2.4 - Output now supports accented characters
- 9th May 2019 : 2.3 - Fixed bug with miles/km distance reported beside each city/town found
- 25th January 2019: 2.2 - Update to UI when location is not found
- 18th January 2019: 2.1 - Added option to show distance beside town/city. Bug fixes
- 17th September 2018: 2.0 - Changed to Leaflet Maps
- 20th July 2018: 1.4 - Bug fixes
- 5th March 2018: 1.3 - Bug fix to radius input (max values)
- 2nd November 2017: 1.2 - Radius input changed to allow user to specify exact radius
- 31st October 2017: 1.1 - Fixed issue with KM/miles switch
- 22nd May 2017: 1.0 - Initial version
Future Ideas and Enhancements
- Method to filter cities and towns by population size. For example, only return cities with a population greater than 20,000 people
- Include post/zip codes with the the towns/cities data
Comments For This Page
Can you add state abbr to the output?
By jk on 21st October 2020
It seems to be less than 30km on this map :https://tinyurl.com/yx9ynwmh
By Free Map Tools on 3rd October 2020
Used coordinates 35.52525, -82.94268 and 30 mile radius to find towns inside. Denton, NC is listed but is much more than 30 miles away.
On 2nd October 2020
Regarding adding population size, I am willing to contribute towards the addition of this feature.
By Jake on 17th September 2020
Hi Like, both Mount Oxide and Waggabundi are found within 20km of Kangaroo Point, QLD, Australia. This tool does have global coverage.
By Free Map Tools on 21st August 2020
Doesn't work for outside of America (for example using Kangaroo Point, QLD, Australia). Wake up USA - there is an entire world outside your tiny country :D Lol
By Luke on 21st August 2020
Perfect, My vote is for population size. Thanks
On 11th August 2020
Nice tool. could we also have a combine list that would reference the zip code of the listed city. So it would list city name, zip code it belongs to and miles. thanks
By sara on 8th August 2020
Would love it if this could go up to 150km.
On 24th July 2020
So glad I stumbled upon this! Exactly what I needed, so quick and so easy! Simple, straight forward, absolutely no hassle or headache!
To the creators: Straight up, I seriously don't think I have EVER had the sudden and unforeseen need for a one off piece of data for a new project... and it be as simple, fast and flat out pleasant of a process as this time has been for me and I owe that to y'all!
Many thanks, much respect and my best,
By John G. on 18th July 2020
Awesome tool, THANK YOU! My only issue is that I need things within a 100 radius of a specific town, I can only get up to 31 miles. Larger distance covered would be great.
By Myndie Sue on 6th June 2020
That's truly awesome !
I just hope it could not take distance but time as well. For example, two towns can be far appart but quick to reach if there's a highway in between
By Dave on 13th April 2020
awesome tool! saved me a lot of work :)
By Raj on 7th April 2020
Is there any way to show a csv of data rather than towns so long as a postcode is added for the location?
On 29th March 2020
doesn't create a .csv file
By Jeff on 15th March 2020
This is an amazing tool for what I'm trying to figure out. Could it be increased to accept increments of 50km? Need to find 100 and 150km radius
By Mike on 7th March 2020
Priyank, there is no API currently.
By Free Map Tools on 24th February 2020
Is there any api so we call it and get reuslts
By Priyank on 24th February 2020
Thank you for this tool!
By pgw on 19th February 2020
Hi Alison, there are no plans to increase the maximum radius size.
By Free Map Tools on 17th February 2020
Showing the most recent 20 out of 115 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)