Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius
Provide a radius and address to centre your search. The map will then show any towns or cities within the radius.
Find Cities Within Radius Map
This tool can be used to find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location. Note, there is no clear way to determine what is a town or city on a global scale so the results on this page may include or exclude some places. Get in contact if you see a big mistake and we will do our best to update the system.
- Select a radius to search within ... 1km, 5km, 10km, 20km or 50km
- Select a centre point by either
- Type an address and click / tap Search
- Click / tap Search with an empty text box to find your current location
- Click / tap on the map to indicate the center of the search
- Once the search is complete, you can see the list of towns and cities below the map. You can also tap on a marker of a result to find more details
The search radius has a limit of 50km. This cannot be increased.
- 22nd May 2017: 1.0 - Initial version
- 31st October 2017: 1.1 - Fixed issue with KM/miles switch
- 2Nd November 2017: 1.2 - Radius input changed to allow user to specify exact radius
Future Ideas and Enhancements
- Method to filter cities and towns by population size. For example, only return cities with a population greater than 20,000 people
- Include post/zip codes with the the towns/cities data
Comments For This Page
Thank you. You guys are so quick with your repsonses, love the app :) :)
On 2nd November 2017
Hi, the radius input is now more flexible. Note it has a limit of 50km.
By Free Map Tools on 2nd November 2017
Would it be possible to add a feature where we can enter a specific distance instead of 5/10/20/50 etc.
Like the tool btw, use it everyday at work.
On 1st November 2017
Thanks. Yes, there was an issue. Now resolved.
By Free Map Tools on 31st October 2017
Does the miles/km change actually work? It seems to return the same values either way.
On 31st October 2017
Thanks Free Map, highly appreciate the responses...
On 24th October 2017
We can only output the English version of the names unfortunately.
By Free Map Tools on 22nd October 2017
Mmmm they appear in the map in the language of my choice, but the output in the div_output is still in English... Any other suggestions?
On 21st October 2017
Thank you so much :)
On 21st October 2017
Hi, to get the map labels in a different language, you can set your preferred language in your browser. The map will then adapt to suit this.
By Free Map Tools on 19th October 2017
Can you please add an option to select the language that the towns/cities names appear in? Like if choose French, they will appear as if am using the French Google Maps
Thanks in advance for a very useful tool:)
On 18th October 2017
Hi John, what location are you using for the center of your search?
By Free Map Tools on 21st September 2017
The 20KM option doesn't work.
By John on 20th September 2017
Hi, there are no plans for integration with Layar. Can I ask if and how it would benefit you?
By Free Map Tools on 3rd July 2017
Is there any plan to implement it in Layar?
On 1st July 2017
lyn, thanks for the feedback. We will look in to this.
By Free Map Tools on 9th June 2017
Very useful for planning events. Having post/zip codes attached to the towns/cities would make it even more useful as could reference bureau of stats data.
By lyn on 7th June 2017
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: