Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius
Provide a radius and address to centre your search. The map will then show any towns or cities within the radius.
Find Cities Within Radius Map
This tool can be used to find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location. Note, there is no clear way to determine what is a town or city on a global scale so the results on this page may include or exclude some places. Get in contact if you see a big mistake and we will do our best to update the system.
- Select a radius to search within ... 1km, 5km, 10km, 20km or 50km
- Select a centre point by either
- Type an address and click / tap Search
- Click / tap Search with an empty text box to find your current location
- Click / tap on the map to indicate the center of the search
- Once the search is complete, you can see the list of towns and cities below the map. You can also tap on a marker of a result to find more details
The search radius has a limit of 50km. This cannot be increased.
- 22nd May 2017: 1.0 - Initial version
- 31st October 2017: 1.1 - Fixed issue with KM/miles switch
- 2nd November 2017: 1.2 - Radius input changed to allow user to specify exact radius
- 5th March 2018: 1.3 - Bug fix to radius input (max values)
Future Ideas and Enhancements
- Method to filter cities and towns by population size. For example, only return cities with a population greater than 20,000 people
- Include post/zip codes with the the towns/cities data
Comments For This Page
Thank you!! This tool is great and has saved me much time and headaches. I'me very grateful.
On 23rd May 2018
Thanks for reporting this. It was due to bad data. Moscow should now work.
By Free Map Tools on 17th May 2018
when i search for cities and towns in a radius of Moscow, Russia, the tool fails to give an output.
On 17th May 2018
What is your current criteria to classify a town/city?
By P Mohan Prashanth on 26th April 2018
It is possible to add more filed of the output such as distric, city, country.
By Tuk on 14th April 2018
Similar to the question about being able to select between locality, sub-locality etc.. could the level of the returned city be shown? it would be good to see which level each city belongs to
By Sean on 21st March 2018
Love this! Would it be possible to get the cities with their state? Sometimes if you are looking at city on the border of the state it would be good to know the state of the city as well.
On 21st March 2018
Search find cities inside radius.
By Kalu on 20th March 2018
you should make the limit up to 50 miles
On 5th March 2018
Would it be possible to add feature to select the levels (sizes) of the places to get more or less result of our choice? I mean google maps has parameters like "locality", "sublocality", "postal_code", "administrative_area_level_1-5", "sublocality_level_1-5".
By R2 on 29th November 2017
Thank you. You guys are so quick with your repsonses, love the app :) :)
On 2nd November 2017
Hi, the radius input is now more flexible. Note it has a limit of 50km.
By Free Map Tools on 2nd November 2017
Would it be possible to add a feature where we can enter a specific distance instead of 5/10/20/50 etc.
Like the tool btw, use it everyday at work.
On 1st November 2017
Thanks. Yes, there was an issue. Now resolved.
By Free Map Tools on 31st October 2017
Does the miles/km change actually work? It seems to return the same values either way.
On 31st October 2017
Thanks Free Map, highly appreciate the responses...
On 24th October 2017
We can only output the English version of the names unfortunately.
By Free Map Tools on 22nd October 2017
Mmmm they appear in the map in the language of my choice, but the output in the div_output is still in English... Any other suggestions?
On 21st October 2017
Thank you so much :)
On 21st October 2017
Hi, to get the map labels in a different language, you can set your preferred language in your browser. The map will then adapt to suit this.
By Free Map Tools on 19th October 2017
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: