The Save Route Tool can be used to plot a series of connecting markers representing a route. You can then save this route as a file to recall and edit later. This is useful because you can then come back to edit a route, or share with others.
Save Your Route
Search For Location :
|Total Distance miles km
Load An XML File
Navigate to an xml file saved on your computer and then click Load to load it into the map above. Note: The file must end in .xml and be of a format supported by this tool.
Known Issues and Future Plans
- The saved file will not remember the status of the map view (Map / Satellite / Hybrid)
- Once a route is loaded, it is only possible to edit the last marker i.e. add or remove it. It should be possible to move or remove all markers
- The ability to leave comments on each / any marker
- The ability to plot more than one route on the same map
- The ability to leave comments at a point not on a route
- Allow user to choose from various marker styles to signify different points
If you have any suggestions or feedback, then please contact us.
- 12th March 2023 - Convert to Leaflet Maps
- 21st June 2021 - Bug Fix
- 12th January 2014 - Updated to Google Maps API V3
- 3rd July 2007 - You can now save and load xml files containing your route - but there are bugs
- 23rd June 2007 - Page Created (no functionality)
Comments For This Page
calculating ratio scale
By joseph on 5th July 2018
Hertz QTA A-Side. 6 car washes, 12 reclaim pits. Remove all for disposal and fill reclaim pits to working order.
On 8th January 2017
USA 2017 Trip Route
On 11th September 2016
By Khaleel Ahmed Shahpuri on 15th April 2016
Planning a trip from Curacao via Canada to China and to Tibet..round-trip. WOW lots of kilometers.
By Encontrol Consultancy Inc .on on 9th February 2016
By Aaron Borko on 4th February 2016
6th Moharram procession of Pass Kalay Hangu
By Hangu on 13th October 2015
By Alex Brayson on 24th April 2015
It should be working now
By Free Map Tools on 26th March 2015
Load An XML File not working!
By Alex on 24th March 2015
map can't be save
By saumya on 8th June 2014
Can I reduce and print the US only?
On 1st March 2014
on the way to work. Best I could do.
Time Minutes out Location
8:45 0 Before top of hill SS
9:00 15 Out of SS on Eastern Road
9:15 30 Cocoloba
9:25 40 Fox Hill
9:30 45 Bend before Maura Creek
9:40 55 New Moon
9:45 60 Blair
9:55 70 Accropolis
10:10 85 Jamz
By zotz on 21st January 2014
5-10-13 route. need to get a bus from dollar to tillicoultry but they shoulf be pretty frequent
By Bear Bell on 4th October 2013
This seems to be the only option to trace a route and keep it. Not sure if it works yet.
By Peter Cain on 9th September 2013
On 27th March 2013
Have just today created a map, saved it as XML and now when I load it I see nothing on the map!
On 16th March 2013
Detour road works for Lockerbie Manor Hotel
By Simon Sweeney on 3rd March 2013
Planlagt rejse med 65-rejser i september 2013
By Knud Casper on 2nd March 2013
Western Europe on a shoestring!!
By Akhil on 7th July 2012
Showing the most recent 20 out of 34 comments. Click to see all the comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)