Free Map Tools
An online resource that enables visitors to easily and quickly use maps in order to measure, search and overlay mark-up elements on maps for a wide range of useful applications. Click on one of the Map Tools below to find out more...
A list of some of the map tools that are currently available for use. There is a more comprehensive list of tools and resources here.
|Radius Around Point
|See the radius around a point you click on a map
|Find the distance between two points that you click
|How Far is it Between
|Find the distance between named points A and B
|Calculate the enclosed area that you specify on a map
To see a list of tools specific to a country, use one of the links below:
General map tools that are relevant to all locations.
- Area Calculator Using Maps - Find an enclosed area using a polyline on a map
- Create and Plot Encoded Polyline on Map - Plot an encoded polyline on map and draw a polyline to produce an encoded polyline
- Direction Projection Tool - Use the Direction Projection tool to visualise a projected path on a map
- Draw Concentric Circles - Draw Concentric Circles on a map
- Elevation Finder - Find an estimate for the elevation of a point on the earth
- Find Cities and Towns Inside an Area - Find cities and towns within a user drawn area
- Find Cities and Towns Inside Radius - Find cities and towns within a particular radius of a central location
- Find Line of Equidistance Between Two Points - See the path where the distance between two points is the same
- Find Place With Name - Search for a town, city or place with your name
- Find Places Within Radius - Search for places inside a radius of an address
- Find Population on Map - Define an area on a map then find out the estimated population inside
- Find Sunrise and Sunset Time at a Location - Find out the next sunrise and sunset time of any point on the earth.
- Golf Shot Distance Calculator - Record and measure the various strokes required to complete a hole of golf on a map
- Horizon Finder - Find where the visible horizon is from a point on earth using a map
- How Far Can I Travel - Find out how far you could travel by road in a set time
- How Far Does Santa Have To Travel - Find out how far it is between the North Pole and your house
- How Far Is It Between - Find the distance between two named points on the earth
- International Meeting Centre of Gravity Tool - Find the best place to hold a meeting for it's attendees by inputting various international addresse
- KML File Creator - The KML (Keyhole Markup Language) File Creator will allow you to produce KML files using a simple in
- Map Tunnelling Tool - Tunnel to the other side of the earth on a map
- Measure Distance From Central Point To Many - Find out the distance from one point to many other points
- Measure Distance on a Map - Take a measurement between two points on a map to find the distance
- Plot Airport Routes - Plot airline route networks or airport destination maps
- Radius Around a Point on a Map - Find where a radius of specified distance falls around a point on a map
- Range Finder Tool on a Map - Find out the end point location when you specify a start point, a bearing and a distance on a map
- Save Route on Map - Save a route on a map
- Time Zone Converter - Convert a time in one location to the time in another location
- Trip Calculator - Calculate the time and distance for a trip on a map
- Tunnel to the Other Side of the Google Earth - Find out what is on the other side of Google Earth
- View and Edit Photo GPS Data - Use a map to view and edit GPS data in a photo
Comments For This Page
Hi Andy, It isn't possible to convert the postcodes in to towns.
By Free Map Tools on 4th March 2014
How can I quickly turn the postcodes into Towns? Thanks, nice tool
By Andy on 4th March 2014
truly awesome, can this become a plug in?
By Jamie Waller on 30th September 2013
Hi Cory, it is average speed ... its not that smart!
By Free Map Tools on 4th April 2013
Excellent tool! Perfect for analytical purposes - I use this regularly to build reports on customer data around our retail stores.
One question though, is the speed (or can it be) calculated from speed limits on roads or is it purely an average speed thing?
By Cory Schultze on 28th March 2013
Brilliant. Was pointed to this site last week by my boss to work out catchment areas and this added function actually outputs too!
By Jamie on 15th October 2011
I asked if it was possible to have a mashup of the postcodes inside radius and how far can i travel and hey presto Free Map Tools delivers the goods. Brilliant tool. Allows me to set up sales areas with great ease and accuracy. Thanks again :)
By Lee Baggaley on 11th October 2011
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think:
Your Name (optional)